All member reviews for Back to the Future

'80s time-travel favorite has laughs, romance, action.

Kid, 10 years old May 23, 2010

Violence (PG): Few punches are thrown, leibeans kill Doc. Sexual Content (PG): Marty and Jennifer kiss, Marty and Lorraine kiss in a car. Language (PG): s--t g----mn,
Kid, 11 years old December 20, 2009

Good lighthearted Young teen movie.

This movie isnt too bad for kids under 13,its not.Some of the sexual situations will fly over their heads. Mild laungauge.Its one of the greatest movies of all time.
Kid, 12 years old December 4, 2009

good for older kids not younger kids

i liked it but the reveiw said no sex and there was a lot in the ending a druncerd boy traped a girl in a car trying to kiss her and take off her clothes and also the boy was a bully almost broke a boy's hand and there is some drinking and the nasty words
Teen, 13 years old Written bymetalhead867 November 13, 2009

amzing movie. dont worry about the swearing.

please, oh please calm down about the language. just because there is some swearing does not mean it is a bad movie. plus your kids can live with it. now just stop whining and enjoy the movie for what it is. its genius.
Parent of a 13 and 15 year old Written byJoeNameth September 16, 2009

Fun for 12 and up

Entertaining .
Kid, 11 years old May 30, 2009

Intense language and sexual content.
Kid, 10 years old April 5, 2009

Teen, 14 years old Written byKaty0 March 21, 2009

Back to the Future is an excellent film, but definitely not okay for 8+. There are plenty of uses of "s--t" "son of a b----", etc., and some innuendo. However, it is still amazing and hilarious.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGreat gatsby August 7, 2013

Should be pg-13

Curses a bunch not way too much but a bunch of times amazingly awesome movie one of my favorite movies should be pg-13 for curse and maybe for action but not really bad for kids
Parent Written bySuperdad100 August 4, 2013

Great Movie!

It is a great movie cussing is not a big deal its not like my 10 year old child in school when the teacher help luke on his work he wont say ''no way s#!t woman!"
Kid, 10 years old July 31, 2013

One of the best movies ever! ever!! ever!!! ever!!!!

Great special effects and story as well as being incredibly funny. Awesome and entertaining.
Kid, 9 years old December 22, 2012

I absolutely LOVED this movie! It might even be my number 1 G-PG movie!

Definitely a must see for all ages. Language: Sh*t is used about 5 times, Son-of-a-B*tch is used about 8 times. mild swearing constant. Sex: Just a few kisses here and there. Violence: A death by guns, And a lot of fighting which is more comedic than violent. I Definitely think everyone should see this movie. out of 10, 10,000! :)
Parent of a 2 year old Written bygerbowski December 14, 2012

Sci-fi classic is still a great watch

Kid, 9 years old November 26, 2012

THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is an awesome movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Hannah Claire September 22, 2012

Good if you are older

This movie is pretty good. When my dad told me about it, I couldn't wait to see it. There are some bad parts about it. The language is really bad. I've never heard so much language in a movie. It was worse than War Games! This movie was very sexual as well. I don't want to go into details about it but it is much worse than what the Common Sense Media people say. I did say there was violence but it wasn't bad. There is plenty of consumerism as well. Over all, it is a good movie aside from some language and innapropriate parts.
Kid, 11 years old June 20, 2012

Inappriopriate for younger children!!

Not good for little children. The mother (of the past) tries to have sexual contact with her son. That can't be a good example for kids. But it is nevertheless one of the best Science Fiction Movies of all time!
Parent Written bythehappy May 19, 2012

more upsetting for kids than CSM suggests

I feel completely let down by common sense media with regard to the suggested age range of 8 for this film - there isn't just "suggested" unwanted sex... the scene involves a young woman shivering and crying for help as a guy has her held inside of a car and tells his pals it's not a "peep" show. she is terrified and he has her in lying down position. what am I supposed to tell my 8 year old that's all about?? No. it doesn't come to anything. But, I was very uncomfortable watching the scene with my 8 year old. I agree with other parents that the appropriate age for this film is at least 10. The cussing is rampant btw! The sexual innuendos between the characters are pretty strong
Adult Written byBacktothewall May 16, 2012

Perfect!

What the hell are the people on this baord on? There's nothing wrong with this movie, at all. It seems that when you were kid's it was perfectly okay for you to watch it, but now through your present eyes it's awful. Maybe it's just because you've gotten old! You parents lket you watch Back To The Future, do them a favor and let them see it too, at any age. It's a kid's movie, pre teenagers) and that would be perfectly okay if I was a parent. And for the record kat_marie Back To The Future would not be a PG-13 if released today, there's absolutley no question about that. The PG-13 certificate already existed for a year by the time this was released. They ratings board simply didn't want to deny kid's the chance to see a movie that was aimed at them. You're really going to turn your kid's into real cry babies if you molly coddle them as much as you do. And if you don't let them watch it in films, then they will hear it from their friends at school. Verdict: Back To The Future, suitable for people of ALL ages.
Kid, 12 years old May 12, 2012

:):):):)

LOVE IT!!!
Educator and Parent of a 10 and 10 year old Written byDtownmom April 21, 2012

Great film, but lots of bad language.

There is a great deal of foul language. If you are sensitive to that, you might want to think twice. There are also a number of sexual situations. While the movie is fast and funny, some of the humor might go over the heads of people who were not yet born in the 80s, or don't have enough background knowledge of the 50s.