All member reviews for Back to the Future

'80s time-travel favorite has laughs, romance, action.

Kid, 0 years old June 8, 2013

Loved the movie but way too much swearing and sexual content!

I thought this movie was very very well done and I loved the main plot but I thought there was way too much swearing and sexual content in it. I'm 12 and I watched it with my mum and she often had to skip ahead because she didn't want me to watch certain bits. There is also a little bit of violence (someone gets shot down by terrorists). I think this movie should definitely be a PG-13 movie and that if you are under 13 you should have a parent watching it with you. But I think it is a great movie and that everyone who's old enough for the sexual content and language should definitely watch it!
Kid, 9 years old April 10, 2013

WOW!!! Awesome film!!!

Back to the future is a great film, probably the best of the 80's! But caution there is some serious bad language! It was not inappropriate...but then there was swearing and loads of shooting. I think it should be a 12A instead of PG. But great film for 9 and up.
Kid, 11 years old April 8, 2013

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This movie is my favorite movie ever! It is really funny and cool. The actors are amazing. It is a fun family movie. I think that all ages would love this classic film.
Kid, 11 years old March 29, 2013

Boring Film . I'm telling you.

I watched this when I was six and now I'm 11 and it was lame. It was really boring and nothing superb about it. Not that it was rubbish but i just did not like it. I prefer films like Narnia / Percy Jackson / Cirque Du Freak / Harry Potter / LotR , etc. Which are all fantasy.
Kid, 9 years old December 22, 2012

I absolutely LOVED this movie! It might even be my number 1 G-PG movie!

Definitely a must see for all ages. Language: Sh*t is used about 5 times, Son-of-a-B*tch is used about 8 times. mild swearing constant. Sex: Just a few kisses here and there. Violence: A death by guns, And a lot of fighting which is more comedic than violent. I Definitely think everyone should see this movie. out of 10, 10,000! :)
Kid, 9 years old November 26, 2012

THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is an awesome movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 20, 2012

I'm so glad I rented this movie from Netflix (an app which I will review soon)

I haven't seen the other parts of the movie though.But this movie was fun,thrilling,action-packed,and exciting!
Teen, 15 years old Written byWayward Girl October 4, 2012

Probably the BEST time traveling movie trilogy, and certainly the funniest!!

This movie is hilarious! Absolutely love it. It's a classic and I think it's got a bit of everything. A little bit of education when it comes to the 50's culture, good role models, a teensy bit of sexual content, and a teensy bit of violence, and once again a teensy bit of drinking. The only thing my parents were concerned about when I was little was the language. Other than that, this movie is the greatest!!
Kid, 8 years old September 25, 2012

Very funny, violent and sexual!

Very funny violent and sexual. A bunch of flirting and a guy spys on a girl in a bra and underwear. A man gets shot with a tommy gun at the start and in the middle a drunk man is sleeping and at the end the man getting shot with the tommy gun gets replayed. Many languge from marty and Doc but i say great for a family movie night if your looking for a action drama romance comedy kind of movie thats 8 or 9 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Hannah Claire September 22, 2012

Good if you are older

This movie is pretty good. When my dad told me about it, I couldn't wait to see it. There are some bad parts about it. The language is really bad. I've never heard so much language in a movie. It was worse than War Games! This movie was very sexual as well. I don't want to go into details about it but it is much worse than what the Common Sense Media people say. I did say there was violence but it wasn't bad. There is plenty of consumerism as well. Over all, it is a good movie aside from some language and innapropriate parts.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSKY42 August 2, 2012

great movie

this movie is great the only bad part is when biff tries to rape marty's mom. the beginning has doc shot down by terrorist
Kid, 9 years old July 30, 2012

Back to the Future

I've seen most of it, but it is 5 points out of 5 in Language. There is swearing, and saying "Spook". The violence is bullying.
Parent of a 4 and 8 year old Written bymamasboys July 26, 2012

Language was a little much for my 8 year old!!!

I always log onto Common Sense before letting my 8 year old watch anything. I trust the insight and parent opinons however this time I was very disappointed after watching the movie with my 8 year old. People gave this an 8 and up? Hello, people the language was awful. The swearing seemed constant and the use of the "Bit$H" word. Also, God/Jesus Christ was used by Micheal J. Fox several times throughout the movie.The language in this film was not appropriate for an 8 year old. Parents, be warned. My child was shocked with the unnecessary language. I guess I forgot this part of the movie since I watched this many many years ago when it first came out. The story was fun and he loved the professor and the inventions but it was the language he really remembers and so do I. Not a happy Mom right now.
Kid, 11 years old June 20, 2012

Inappriopriate for younger children!!

Not good for little children. The mother (of the past) tries to have sexual contact with her son. That can't be a good example for kids. But it is nevertheless one of the best Science Fiction Movies of all time!
Kid, 9 years old June 14, 2012

BACK TO THE FUTURE

Time travel sci-fi is god for the whole family.
Kid, 12 years old May 12, 2012

:):):):)

LOVE IT!!!
Educator and Parent of a 10 and 10 year old Written byDtownmom April 21, 2012

Great film, but lots of bad language.

There is a great deal of foul language. If you are sensitive to that, you might want to think twice. There are also a number of sexual situations. While the movie is fast and funny, some of the humor might go over the heads of people who were not yet born in the 80s, or don't have enough background knowledge of the 50s.
Kid, 11 years old April 13, 2012

Amazing!! Just amazing!!!

This is a terrific movie. Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson, Crispin Glover, and Thomas F. Wilson were amazing actors in this movie. The sequences with the terrorists and clock tower were exciting. A masterpiece.
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar March 11, 2012

Watch it

A family classic
Teen, 16 years old Written bySummer_Days March 2, 2012

Forever Awesome

This movie will remain a classic for as long as it will stand - I love this film because the humour is never tired out and gives something for (almost) everyone. The positive message is obvious and gives people a good idea of what they can do to achieve. I think Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd were perfect for this role and turned it into a legacy. Watch out for some of the content, though, because, although it's done for laughs, Marty has to continually face off his own mother in the 50's and there is one scene of sexual assault. The violence is less imposing, but there is mild peril and menace throughout. Nothing that a child 12 years and up can't handle though.