All member reviews for Back to the Future

'80s time-travel favorite has laughs, romance, action.

Parent Written bythehappy May 19, 2012

more upsetting for kids than CSM suggests

I feel completely let down by common sense media with regard to the suggested age range of 8 for this film - there isn't just "suggested" unwanted sex... the scene involves a young woman shivering and crying for help as a guy has her held inside of a car and tells his pals it's not a "peep" show. she is terrified and he has her in lying down position. what am I supposed to tell my 8 year old that's all about?? No. it doesn't come to anything. But, I was very uncomfortable watching the scene with my 8 year old. I agree with other parents that the appropriate age for this film is at least 10. The cussing is rampant btw! The sexual innuendos between the characters are pretty strong
Adult Written byBacktothewall May 16, 2012

Perfect!

What the hell are the people on this baord on? There's nothing wrong with this movie, at all. It seems that when you were kid's it was perfectly okay for you to watch it, but now through your present eyes it's awful. Maybe it's just because you've gotten old! You parents lket you watch Back To The Future, do them a favor and let them see it too, at any age. It's a kid's movie, pre teenagers) and that would be perfectly okay if I was a parent. And for the record kat_marie Back To The Future would not be a PG-13 if released today, there's absolutley no question about that. The PG-13 certificate already existed for a year by the time this was released. They ratings board simply didn't want to deny kid's the chance to see a movie that was aimed at them. You're really going to turn your kid's into real cry babies if you molly coddle them as much as you do. And if you don't let them watch it in films, then they will hear it from their friends at school. Verdict: Back To The Future, suitable for people of ALL ages.
Kid, 12 years old May 12, 2012

:):):):)

LOVE IT!!!
Educator and Parent of a 10 and 10 year old Written byDtownmom April 21, 2012

Great film, but lots of bad language.

There is a great deal of foul language. If you are sensitive to that, you might want to think twice. There are also a number of sexual situations. While the movie is fast and funny, some of the humor might go over the heads of people who were not yet born in the 80s, or don't have enough background knowledge of the 50s.
Kid, 11 years old April 13, 2012

Amazing!! Just amazing!!!

This is a terrific movie. Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson, Crispin Glover, and Thomas F. Wilson were amazing actors in this movie. The sequences with the terrorists and clock tower were exciting. A masterpiece.
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar March 11, 2012

Watch it

A family classic
Teen, 16 years old Written bySummer_Days March 2, 2012

Forever Awesome

This movie will remain a classic for as long as it will stand - I love this film because the humour is never tired out and gives something for (almost) everyone. The positive message is obvious and gives people a good idea of what they can do to achieve. I think Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd were perfect for this role and turned it into a legacy. Watch out for some of the content, though, because, although it's done for laughs, Marty has to continually face off his own mother in the 50's and there is one scene of sexual assault. The violence is less imposing, but there is mild peril and menace throughout. Nothing that a child 12 years and up can't handle though.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. February 25, 2012

Classic 80's movie.

Teen, 14 years old Written byDaw$0man December 31, 2011

What over parents should know.

This movie is great. But there is a lot of curse words in it to like what the h--l d--n son of a b--ch a--hole and more. The sex is iffy even there is a attempted rape but the woman is stopped. The violence is a little intense especially when doc gets shot multiple times and looks like he is gonna die (he has a bulletproof suit on so he didn't die). There is also a lot of bullies to. Drinking smoking stuff like that there is a lot of smoking and drinking. My rating original PG my rating PG-13 for sequences of action and mild violence, sensuality, language and drinking.
Parent Written by@@@ December 17, 2011

One of the best ever.

This film is never credited or mentioned, but is one of the best films of all time.
Kid, 11 years old November 17, 2011

Read this

I watched this when i was six. Loved it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 October 12, 2011

Not to the Extreme

Good movie, but it'd do more justice as a PG-13 movie. 80's movies had F-ed up ratings. It does contain bad content, but not to the extreme.
Teen, 15 years old Written byEmmyEmmilly125 October 10, 2011

I haven't seen a better Sci-Fi than this one! :)))

Kid, 12 years old September 6, 2011

BEST MOVIE EVER!

I love this movie to pieces and have memorized it from the beginning. It has swears words, but doesn't every movie these days. I think you should show this movie to your kids when they are matured enough to handle it because apperently you aren't. You blashpemeyed this perfectly good movie. I saw this movie when I was 8 years old and I understood it and could handle it and you as parnets can't. I understand you want to protect your children from swearing and other refrences in these movies, but you can have a conversation with them and you have to trust them. It's a classic 80's time travel Michael J. Fox movie. I love this movie and it is one of the best movies ever made!
Kid, 10 years old July 31, 2011

Terrific Movie

It's a great movie. That I recommend.
Kid, 10 years old June 13, 2011

THe best thing of time travel

Christopher LOrd and Michael J. Fox acted awesomely. Doc brown is shot by terrorists. many awesome curses. your 8 year old could like this. A great movie.
Parent Written byrameshs May 14, 2011

PG-13, Not recommended for 'tweens

I think this movie, while greatly entertaining, should really be rated PG-13. There are several sexual innuendos, at least on scene where there is a suggestion that a girl is being molested by a bully, several instances of swearing, a teenage kid who slips out of his house at night without his parents' knowledge, bullying, and a scene where there is drug use.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byFrozenFizz April 26, 2011

The best movie for kids!

This was my favourite movie trilogy growing up (it still is!) and, after showing it to my eight year old, it's his too now. There is a bit of bad language, but my son knows not to use those words and anything else went straight over his head. Fun all the way.
Parent Written bySinfoniarc January 7, 2011

Get back, Marty

For a child of the 80s, this movie never gets old. However, my main concern with showing this film to my children is...would they get it? Back To The Future is a very dated movie both in terms of the 80s culture as well as the 50s. The movie asks some pretty serious "what ifs", which I think can make for great table discussions: 1)What would you do if you could go back in time? 2)Who would you want to meet? The language is very typical of 80s PG movies (ex. The Goonies, Ghostbusters, or insert fav. 80s PG movie here). The standard by which those movies were rated is different from that of today. Parents understand that your children will have never seen a DeLorean; know products like Pepsi-Free or Kal Kan; or perhaps may not have even heard Huey Lewis and the News. And they most definitely will not get 50s references aka The Honeymooners, Chuck Berry, or know what a "spook" or "peckerwood" is. For a moment, I was concerned about having to explain the near oedipal complex between Marty and his teenage mother, but I think it's pretty safe and harmless. I think most of you will be concerned about the use of bad language and if it is, I'd advise you to wait until they're a little bit older.
Teen, 13 years old Written by4kidshater September 30, 2010

A time travel adventure for kids and adults too

I like this film. This is a must-see for Steven Speilberg fans and families alike. Also get The Goonies(1985) for more fun. I highly reccomeded it.