All member reviews for Bad Words

Comedy best for older teens gets laughs with offbeat humor.

Adult Written byBestPicture1996 April 25, 2014

A bad time at the movies

Whenever an actor sheds their friendly persona to play somebody out of character I'm always listening: take McConaughey for an example! But unfortunately Jason Bateman thought this was a good enough script to produce, direct and star in, and I just did not care for it. I get that it's trying to be edgy, and I'm all for that type of humor. But when edgy spills over into cruelty that's where you lose me, and although he has his reasons, Bateman's Guy is just too ruthless a jerk for me to ever root for him, a racist, misogynist misanthrope with one goal on his mind. If the humor paid off I could excuse these faults, but the laughs were far and in between. If this is what Mean Bateman looks like, I'm glad to go back to Michael Bluth any day.
Parent Written byDan G. April 11, 2014

Definitely not for children of any age

This film glamorizes theft from others. It also depicts in a favorable way underage alcoholic consumption. An unmarried couple is shown having graphic sexual intercourse, including oral sex. There is female nudity. The movie has continous sexual dialog, content, and jokes. And of course, there is a continuous stream of the most crude and disgusting language that can be used. If this is how you wish to bring your children up, take them to this movie. However if you love them, leave them home, no matter how old they are.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKrazyreviews April 9, 2014

Smart, funny, and crude.

Bad words is named bad words for a reason. It is very funny and best for older teens. There are crude sex jokes and swearing, and some brief nudity. This movie does somehow give a message about friendship. This film is a must see for comedy lovers and is a little mature for young children. 16+
Teen, 16 years old Written byStevie111 April 1, 2014

Good, smart, funny movie

Crude sexual humor and language scattered throughout. Funny, original comedy, good for mature teens