All member reviews for Bambi

Disney's original circle-of-life story.

Adult Written bymomof3 April 9, 2008

Good but a little scary for little ones

Bambi is a movie that I approach with some trepidation. My kids and I love the friendships developed in the story. Flower and Thumper are great characters, and Bambi is endearing as well. However, I have had to fast forward through the sad parts for my 3 and 5 year olds, if they want to watch it at all. It is a very emotional movie, and my little ones are disturbed by the loss of the mother and are scared by the fire and the hunters. They also don't understand why the buck (Bambi's dad) isn't really around for Bambi the whole movie. Overall, I think this movie is best for ages 6 and up, and it's one to watch along with your kids to help explain the issues that come up during the show. The reason I believe that it should be PG is simply because of the issues which it raises. In my mind, there should be less G movies out there which involve the death of a parent, which is such a prevalent theme in animated Disney movies, both old and new.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 October 18, 2010

More intense then you'll remember

What most people remember about "Bambi" is the awesome rabbit Thumper, the skunk ironically titled Flower and the fact Bambi's mom dies halfway through the movie. The movie is so incredible in its story-telling, its characters, and its groundbreaking-ly vivid animation. When I watched it I guess I forgot the large pro-eco message it displays throughout. I thought it was so profound when the deer reffered to humans harshly as "Man," like we were all enormous bothers and threats to them.
Adult Written bybrokedownpalace April 9, 2008

It puts me to sleep

I never saw Bambi as a child, so I was excited to watch it with my kids. The violence doesn't scare them and they don't understand what happens to Bambi's mom. My 3 year old just says that Bambi lost her mommy - in a hide and seek kind of way. I still cannot get through the whole movie. I get bored and find something else to do. It is obvious that it was made in the '40's. That said, my daughter asks to watch it daily and she would if I could tolerate it!
Kid, 10 years old December 23, 2010

good for youngsters

the first time i watched it i was thrilled and i was a little bit sad because bambi's mother died but now i find it a bit boring but still a good tale for youngsters
Adult Written byTheLastUnicornFan123 May 23, 2009

????!!!!

OH MY GOD WHOEVER MADE THIS MOVIE IS SICK. Who would just let Bambi's mom die like that? And there are SO many hidden innuendos within the movie that children could take so wrongly. I seriously almost vomited when she died. Not cool. Not cool.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

Kid, 12 years old June 21, 2011

Beautiful Disney classic!

A great Disney movie for young kids. Well, it really depends on how mature your kid is. Bambi's mother dies. That can upset some little kids. Some characters flirt, snuggle, and kiss. If your 4 year old is mature enough, then they can watch it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKaty0 October 6, 2009
Teen, 15 years old Written byCopper20 April 9, 2008

Used to like it, but then...

It got boring.
Teen, 13 years old Written by4kidshater June 4, 2010

A very great movie. i absolutely like it.

I love this movie. Bambi is cute as a child,but is very handsome when an adult. Faline is cute as a child, but is gorgeous and attractive when an adult. I like this movie. i highly recommeded it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPuppyluv13 November 4, 2009

Excellent! A wonderful family film by Disney!

Bambi is a wonderful family film for many reasons but it's also very sad, because (for those of you that saw this movie) as you remember, Bambi's Mother is shot offscreen, however it's no less traumatic than if it were shown onscreen , Gottom Line: Have a box of tissues because all movie viewers will most likely need them so therefore I suggest this movie is age apporpriate for kids ages 7+
Kid, 12 years old November 5, 2009

Beat movie ever

Love this movie more then anything! it's educational for kids to learn about nature. Plus some cute love sences that arn"t inappropreiot at all!
Parent of a 3, 6, 8, 11, 16, and 16 year old Written by8Rankin July 6, 2009

My 3 year old loves it

This is my 3 year old Addie's, all time favorite. She must have seen it a thousand times.
Kid, 10 years old May 13, 2009

Why disney?Why?

What the heck is disney's problem with mothers getting killed everywhere in their "children's" flims?It should be rated pg!
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana March 6, 2011

i like this movie.its my dad's favorite disney movie.its not scary.or at least it wasnt to me,
Kid, 7 years old November 28, 2009

its a rather good movie.
Kid, 12 years old November 9, 2010

Great!

It's a wonderful movie with great animation, lively characters, and a good message.
Parent of a 5 year old Written byrockhottie101@y... November 17, 2011

Bambi- What a great movie!

This is a good movie I think for kids ages 9 & up because there are some scenes that might me frightening for younger ones, like the scene were Bambi's mother gets shot by a hunter. I know you don't see anything but you hear it and especially in today's time where hunting is huge, that might give little kids nightmares. (I know it did me.) On the other hand, Bambi is an anti-hunting film and it shows people how animals feel when their loved ones die or are killed. It shows how wrong hunting is and how you should have compassion for all God's creatures. This is definitely one of my fave movies of all time and it will always be one of the greatest animated movies of all time. I give it an A!
Teen, 16 years old Written byabbacus June 2, 2012

Love it!

So cute and great for kids. It's a classic.
Teen, 13 years old Written byanna1999 July 21, 2012