All member reviews for Bambi

Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 October 18, 2010

More intense then you'll remember

What most people remember about "Bambi" is the awesome rabbit Thumper, the skunk ironically titled Flower and the fact Bambi's mom dies halfway through the movie. The movie is so incredible in its story-telling, its characters, and its groundbreaking-ly vivid animation. When I watched it I guess I forgot the large pro-eco message it displays throughout. I thought it was so profound when the deer reffered to humans harshly as "Man," like we were all enormous bothers and threats to them.
Kid, 11 years old April 29, 2013

awsome

this was my favorite movie when i was little
Teen, 13 years old Written byanna1999 July 21, 2012

O_O

harmless dribble
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana March 6, 2011

i like this movie.its my dad's favorite disney movie.its not scary.or at least it wasnt to me,
Kid, 12 years old November 5, 2009

Beat movie ever

Love this movie more then anything! it's educational for kids to learn about nature. Plus some cute love sences that arn"t inappropreiot at all!
Teen, 16 years old Written byChildhoodloverboy August 5, 2014

Scary

It's extremely scary. No kids should ever watch without a parent present to help them with their fear
Kid, 11 years old April 25, 2014

I love this movie!!!!

i love this movie i watched it with my grandma and know shes dead but we watched it together and i love it.
Kid, 11 years old April 25, 2014

love it

i think it is good and funny for family movies and wanna have a good time with your family!!!!!!<3
Teen, 15 years old Written byConnor Johnson January 31, 2014

Perspective from a hunter

For those of you who may think of me as the enemy I am not. I truly love the outdoors i am an Eagal Scout and I have hunted and fished my whole life and would like to do job in environmental science. So as for the movie I rember seeing bambi when I was 3 it showed an analogy of a mother raising her son with a very important father. I thought the movie was very well done for a fiction story about animals. I also enjoy fiction writing about animals and the enviornment around them. I can really compare my experiences with this movie. This fall I was elk hunting and I came across a young male buck less than 20 feet from me and looked straight into his eyes for 20 seconds. Instead of running he slowly walked of back into some cover. It then inspired me too watch bambi again which gives me ideas for my writing pices. The movie really expands my imagination on animals as if they were intelligent and had feelings. The reason I don't feel guilty is because the wild roaming animals have it easy compared to live stock. Which are cramped in small pens, injected with drugs their whole life until their slotered. You have a right to disagree with its just my opinion.
Kid, 12 years old August 23, 2013

Great film!

Watched this with my (just) six year old sister, and she was fine with it. The flirting stuff will just go over their heads, and while the bambi's mother was a sad - it's a cartoon! You can literally say: don't worry, it's just a story, it's pretend. My sis was a bit upset but got over it five/ ten mins later. The only other problem is those hunting dogs: but Faline gets away, so no harm done.
Kid, 11 years old May 13, 2013

BAMBI

POSITIVE ROLE MODELS/MESSAGES: 8/10. Animals are kind/care for each other and the enviornment. EDUCATIONAL VALUE: 4/10. Kids who watch learn to protect the enviornment. VIOLENCE: 6/10. Brief but strong off-screen animated violent content. A deer is shot offscreen, only a gunshot is heard. Then, the deer's body is shown, dying. No blood visible. Two other animals are shot off-screen, gunshots are heard. Their bodies are not shown. There is an animated forest fire, which may be intense for kids under age 5. In the fire, a few trees are burned down. SEX: 3/10. Two deer have babies. A classic! Must watch sometime in your life! Fine for mature 5-year-olds and up. My MPAA Rating: RATED PG FOR MILD CARTOON VIOLENCE, AND SOME EMOTIONAL MATERIAL.
Teen, 16 years old Written byabbacus June 2, 2012

Love it!

So cute and great for kids. It's a classic.
Teen, 15 years old Written byOfficial Critic June 2, 2012

Good Movie - with some action and some education

Great animation. Not violent, but has some intense and scary moments.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhazerbaze March 29, 2012

Watch It By Yourself First

This movie accurately depicts life in nature, so keep in mind that forest animals' lives are not all happy endings. Spoiler alert (but important): The most heart-wrenching scene in the movie is when a hunter shoots and kills Bambi's mother (offscreen). Bambi's terrified cries fill about 30 seconds worth of movie. Also, the forest Bambi lives in is burned down by a forest fire at the end. There is also a teenie bit of flirting between teenage Bambi and friends, but it will most likely go over kids' heads.
Kid, 10 years old February 26, 2012

watch it!

I LOVE this movie!let your kids see it!it's the best!
Kid, 12 years old June 21, 2011

Beautiful Disney classic!

A great Disney movie for young kids. Well, it really depends on how mature your kid is. Bambi's mother dies. That can upset some little kids. Some characters flirt, snuggle, and kiss. If your 4 year old is mature enough, then they can watch it.
Kid, 10 years old December 23, 2010

good for youngsters

the first time i watched it i was thrilled and i was a little bit sad because bambi's mother died but now i find it a bit boring but still a good tale for youngsters
Kid, 12 years old November 9, 2010

Great!

It's a wonderful movie with great animation, lively characters, and a good message.
Teen, 13 years old Written by4kidshater June 4, 2010

A very great movie. i absolutely like it.

I love this movie. Bambi is cute as a child,but is very handsome when an adult. Faline is cute as a child, but is gorgeous and attractive when an adult. I like this movie. i highly recommeded it.
Kid, 7 years old November 28, 2009

its a rather good movie.