All member reviews for Barbershop 2: Back in Business

Great message delivered in an edgy hip-hop movie.

Adult Written bybucsfanerik April 9, 2008
Adult Written byjoshua martinez September 30, 2011

13 and up.

Barbershop 2: Back in Business is an average movie and parents this second installment Barbershop 2: Back in Business has some violence but nothing intense there's also some Sexual references, mostly humorous, kissing, non-explicit sexual situation there's some strong language used and some drinking used the movie does have a positive message about the importance of family and community.

2 isnt as good as 1

it is very good and funny. especially with Cedric the Entertainer in it. It is not as good as the first one though. it has more sexual references in it than the first one but nothing explicit.
Parent of a 4 and 17 year old Written byMommiebon July 27, 2016

If you're paying for a "black lives matter " lecture, this is for you.

Ice cube is normally funny, sometimes edgy but all in all his work can relate to everyone regardless of race. Not this movie. This entire thing was a lecture on black rights, black lives matter and how great Obama is. Im the first to say yes, lives matter..... ALL of them. Not white, black or green. It seemed to be forced down my throat. Seriously?! I paid to see a comedy and I was irritated by the time it was done. It wasn't funny. It was an attempt to remember slavery, Trevon, equal rights and fair treatment. It was basically a movie about how black people are treated differently. I agree, they are. I am not arguing that point. What I am saying is that I paid to see a sequel with my family and instead got a lesson on black history. Not what I went to go see. Everyone has their rights, their opinions and their freedom to speech. Mine is that this movie was a huge disappointment and I will think twice before seeing another Ice Cube movie again. I can get history on my own, I should not go to a movie thinking it's one thing and getting a racial history lesson crammed in my face. Not cool. It was poorly done.