All member reviews for Barbie: A Fashion Fairytale

Kid, 9 years old January 21, 2011

This movie is ok but i would say the barbie age (3-7)MIGHT not get the fashion theme because fashion appeals to 9-20 year old girls! also the magic theme as many people say to much magic will make the movie worse the "Flairies" are based on MAGIC although the last garnments they say "Those dresses were perfect we just sparkled them up a little bit Also Ken would give up after all that they MIGHT catch a flight to paris but not getting his sweater ruined and fixing a flat tyre
Kid, 10 years old April 20, 2011

You Go Zoe Grace1!
Teen, 13 years old Written byTweenFashionGirl December 17, 2013

Better for older children

Personally I am not surprised by the amounts of cliche' used in this movie, Barbie is a very cliche protagonist, In all of Barbie's stories she always gets the Happily Ever After. This movie shows a lot of fashion on pop culture information, it does have some Values such as believing yourself and never giving up but in an overview of watching this movie, I would say it is more of a cliche girly and Very consumerism, watching this movie made we want to go out and shop which isn't necessairly that great. I remember watching this a Year ago versus now, I can definitely view the movie in two different perspectives, first I was so happy and excited about all the flaries and fashion but now i can see how this story relates to pretty much every other story.
Kid, 11 years old November 27, 2011

Awful.

Here's how the dialouge sounded to me: Barbie: "Shop! Shop! Shop! Go get a boyfriend!" Carrie: "Shopping solves all your problems!" Barbie: " I'm better than everyone else!" that's all it said to me. boring, bad role models, what next?
Teen, 15 years old Written byChristian gurl May 2, 2011

good 4 all ages

Kid, 11 years old April 19, 2011

dont watch this

notice how i did everything for a conccern? that simply means that i hate E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G about this show