All member reviews for Barbie and Her Sisters in A Pony Tale

Barbie and her sisters have sweet, magical, Swiss adventure.

Parent Written byjocelynaus August 25, 2014

I wish more barbie movie were like this

I want more barbie movies like this, my daughter, son and I all enjoy this movie which is a simple positive story for kids, especially girls. I love that Romance is downplayed, ken is not mentioned at all, I like his character in the life in dreamhouse series but his storyline was the lowest of many lows in fashion fairy tale. There is some flirting but it stays pretty teenage and Chelsea soon draws focus back for younger viewers. From a feminist point of view my only criticism is that the only villain is male, but it also shows barbie, her sisters and their aunt as assertive, caring and confident women. It has great messages for kids. I've rated it 4, obviously that's a rating considering it's a made for video barbie movie, it's not a great cinematic masterpiece, but it's by far the best made for video movie I can think of.
Kid, 11 years old January 13, 2015

appealing story about horses

contains flirting between skipper and another boy. a scary moment when chelsea is thrown off a big horse but fine and a man gets hardly hit by the hind legs of a horse. not for all kids but fun and vibrant.