All member reviews for Barbie and the Three Musketeers

Barbie gets the swashbuckler treatment; some violence.

Parent of a 4 year old Written byTurtlewomyn October 8, 2009

Teaches your child to be violent

My daughter is now getting in trouble at daycare for increased hitting of her friends since the first time she saw this movie. I noticed a change in her behavior immediately after watching the movie for the first time.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNectaria December 1, 2009

Kid, 8 years old January 23, 2011

it's very good

i love so much
Parent Written byaimless1 December 29, 2012

It is a good one

This is a fun Barbie movie that has nothing in it to give me apprehension in letting my girls watch it. It shows a strong female character that is not catty and is not obsessed with a prince. It has good catchy songs. The cat is cute. It is one of the good ones.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 21, 2011

i love this movie.i love barbie movies. an i actually really liked her in this movie. i liked how she had to save the prince and not the other way around. good movie
Parent of a 1, 3, and 6 year old Written bysmgm01 June 10, 2010

I really like barbie movies as an alternative to the disney princess movies for my girls. It seems that most disney movies are girls in distress and boys coming to save them with a kiss and then they get married. I want my girls to know there are more options for them. I like how Mattel has barbie as the hero in most of the movies. Just a nice change of pace.
Parent of an infant and 1 year old Written byAlicia Kimberly June 2, 2013

Not even a little educational, and boring.

While the movie offers a positive message to young girls, that they can do anything a boy can do, the movie itself is dull, the jokes bad for even a Barbie movie, and the blatant disrespect for ANY kind of historical accuracy makes it the exact OPPOSITE of educational. While my young daughter likes it okay, it is almost un-watchable for an adult. Keep this in mind if you have children who like you to watch films with them. There are many better movies from this franchise.
Kid, 9 years old August 20, 2011

OMG

Okay turtlewomyn, a child in daycare shouldn't be watching this, and second, where is your knowledge?
Parent of a 6 and 11 year old Written byfastraxsg July 16, 2011

Girl power

I think it might be a little scary because of fighting but it does have good messages. No one can tell them they can't be musketeer because girls can be anything they want to be!
Kid, 12 years old June 16, 2011

Somewhat strange barbie movie is best reserved for young girls!

Yes, it is kind of iffy for a barbie movie. But it was okay. Not like other boring Barbie movies. 4 year olds can watch it, but you have to make sure they are mature enough because they might start punching and kicking at people or objects. Anyway, 4 year olds are okay. But, if they are still not mature, maybe at 5 years of age.
Teen, 17 years old Written byUgli Chic January 4, 2011

My cousin has me watching this with her, and I'm thinking,"A Barbie Musketeer? Come on!" But I was surprised; though the story line was convenient (prince happens to fall for Barbie/Corienne, Corienne happens to be leader of girls, etc.), it was one of the best Barbie movies I've seen so far. At least it's not some sappy love story; yuck! Animation was ok; loved the fighting scenes and the girls' creative dresses. Somewhat reminded me of Mulan, with the sword and fan-fighting. No language to worry about, just some really lame lines that don't belong in the movie. It's the 1600s, people; girls didn't go around saying words like "date", "you rock",or things like that. Otherwise, all clear!
Teen, 13 years old Written bytangled August 23, 2010

smgm01, there are quite a few disney movies not like that Beauty and the Beast Princess and the frog Little Mermaid (well the princess does anything to follow her dreams, much like this movie) Pochahontas (pardon my spelling) Mulan (obvious one) Rapunzel (not sure about this one. But in the trailers for tangled she seem like the "tough doesn`t care about prince type") Trying to prove a point here XD
Teen, 15 years old Written byheavenlygirl January 29, 2010

im almost 16 and liked it
Kid, 11 years old January 29, 2010

Terrible!!!!!!

I hated it! It has bad anamation and a bad story line. Do not waste your time watching this dumb movie.