All member reviews for Barbie in a Mermaid Tale

Fun undersea adventure oddly paired with lots of shopping.

Parent of a 9 year old Written byKbugsmom August 31, 2010
Barbie sure has come a long way. As a parent who is skeptical about anything that may send the wrong message to my child, I more than pleased with how the makers of the Barbie movies have created these tales. If you have not seen these movies, your first thoughts are probably of a ditsy, snooty character who lives for new clothes, when in fact Barbie is portrayed as intelligent, kind, and an excellent role model for kids. A+ to the makers- good for you for making something that many have thought to be shallow into something positive for our kids. I wholeheartedly recommend this and all of the Barbie series movies.
Kid, 11 years old August 28, 2013

No need to put sex

it is very nice for kids to see but why they put sex ?
Teen, 15 years old Written byApplesauce Doctor August 17, 2013

A Disgrace to the Barbie Films

Another awful Barbie movie. The main character complains far too much and is annoying. The story is very predictable, and in the end, it doesn't feel like the main character learned anything. Also, I think the villain is really lame. The villain is constantly asking the merfolk, "Do you adore me?" and just for that, she is very annoying. Also, for a good 5 minutes the characters really just spend time shoppping. This probably only happened to promote more toys. This movie had potential but it really sunk.
Kid, 12 years old March 8, 2013

Barbie: In a Mermaid Tale

Barbie is a generous roll-model. The show did release lots of merchandise. I have only seen short clips of the movie but the animation looks eye-catching.
Kid, 10 years old July 29, 2012

Just a little review!

I think this movie is a great movie for kids who love Barbie and who love mermaids!! I've watched this movie a few times with my kids and its an very exciting movie.
Kid, 11 years old April 7, 2012

Barbie in a mermaid tale is for kids all ages

it is a great movie no violence or anything to harm your child i would suggest this is my opinion it is not yours so i would suggest watching a trailer this should sum up the whole movie so if you think anything is wrong which it is not what i admire for kids is that the surfers don't wear bikini bottoms they were nice suitable shorts no disrespectful language or anything it's a perfect little thing for your angels! Thank you
Adult Written byBeckstar October 29, 2011

first film to go downhill

Overall an ok film. But has no touching scenes and has no morals and touching scenes from the previous films. I think this is where the films started to go downhill
Parent of a 6 and 11 year old Written byfastraxsg July 16, 2011

Magical leaves you wanting more..

It want really as scary as the fighting Barbie movies but it becomes a girls favorite at once with a pink dolphin, a pretty blond what can a girl hate?
Parent Written byPopanator June 25, 2011

The movie is awesome.

The movie is awesome! The main character was a positive role model and not just after a relationship.
Kid, 10 years old April 20, 2011
??????????????????????????????????????? i just dunno but mum did not like the sidekick stuff
Kid, 7 years old January 23, 2011

Barbie Movies ever!!!!!!!

I think it is very good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 3, 10, 11, 12, 15, and 17 year old Written byAlyssa_299 July 31, 2010

Weird

Weird but okay.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNectaria June 2, 2010
Kid, 10 years old May 23, 2010

great for younger kids, older than 8, you'll hate it too

I am 10. My little sister made me watch it with her and i hated it.
Parent Written byaimless1 May 14, 2010
My 5 year old loves this movie and wants to watch it over and over. It is not violent or scary which is nice. In the beginning they talk about Barbie's character's father being in an accident but they get past it quickly so you don't feel sad for the girl. It has some catchy music, cute undersea animals and some tween type fashion qualities that my daughter seems to be attracted to. She, like many 5 year olds really looks up to older girls.
Kid, 11 years old April 23, 2010

My Rating: B

A cute edition to the Barbie series.
Kid, 10 years old March 29, 2010