All member reviews for Barnyard: The Original Party Animals

A re-hash of tired cliches and CGI effects.

Kid, 12 years old May 22, 2011

An overall good movie for tweens!

Yes, it is a good movie in my opinion. It is very funny and entertaining. I rate this title iffy for ages 7-9. The reason for this is because: First of all, a character dies of a coyote attack, which is really sad. It made me cry when I first watched it. At the end Otis fights the coyotes and gets injured along the way. A farmer is shown drinking and has a drunk face. Otis is in love with another cow which is pregnant. At the end the baby comes out. Obviously no sensitive parts are shown. Even though she is an animal, but still. A character gets worried that the baby might get stuck while coming out. There is also a mouse who likes another cow. Strange right? Anyway, this movie is best reserved for tweens and maybe even some teens.
Kid, 11 years old August 2, 2009

Adult Written bynduns July 9, 2015

I can't believe I used to like this

First of all, this movie's cheap animations and the logical fallacies of the cow designs are the least of its problems. Oh no, this movie is obnoxious. Most of the characters are annoying and a lot of the humor feels like it tries too hard at times. There are only a few things that still hold up for me. First of all, Wild Mike is a pretty awesome character if only due to the fact that he doesn't talk and isn't a defined creature. Secondly, when this movie actually gets serious, it works. The scene where Ben Sings 'Won't Back Down' and dies is easily my favorite part of this film. It has great atmosphere that just sends chills down my spine and the fight itself is really well-done. And the final showdown, okay, not as impressive but still good. I just wish more of the movie could have been like that as those are the only good moments of this film. Still, this is better than the show, which pretty much doomed itself by removing the only likable characters from the cast.
Written byAnonymous September 7, 2014

So-so barnyard comedy is silly and uneven. Young kids only.

My rating:PG for rude humor and mild action
Teen, 16 years old Written byndrwcd November 17, 2012

seen better seen worse

just to let people know the main villian in barnyard which is a coyote is alot more sadistic than most villians i have seen in alot of CGI animated movies
Kid, 12 years old October 12, 2012

Great film!

Alot of people have been saying bad things about this movie, but I love it and I have watched it around 200 times in my life (I rewatched it atleast twice a day around when I was 5 or 6). I love this film and all the games for it. All the people claiming that this film has too much innuendo, it isnt actually meant to be. Come on, a cow saying "milk me". He wasnt being rude he was actually asking for a glass of milk from the bar, which also reminds me. There isnt drinking in it! Oh yeah there is, they drank milk ;3. Great film, Great storyline. Recommended for all ages.
Adult Written byDr.Pepper September 16, 2012

Guilty pleasure

This is a guilty pleasure of mine. Sure the animation is bad and the plot is cliche, but I can't help but to like it. It does include some scary parts such as a cow being mauled to death by coyotes (no blood or guts) and characters drink "milk & honey" like it was beer.
Parent Written byrufty tufty June 14, 2012

No educational value and older kids can see the comedy

The udders on the bulls is a disgrace. How are children ever to learn with massive errors like this. I thin its actually O for older kids. Mine were 9 and 11 and seemed to laugh a lot. But both being country kids new the udders were wrong.
Teen, 16 years old Written byabbacus June 2, 2012

Good, but could be better.

I liked it. Kids will like it. There are a few funny parts, but the story is kind of boring. Also, why did the male cows have to have udders? That's just stupid and messed up.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhomealonefan123 January 28, 2012

Fantastic family comedy from Nickelodeon. but some iffy stuff

this animated comedy is great for kids. but not the whole movie is comedy. because animals die. This movie is rated PG. just to let parents know. this movie contains #1 Violence, #2 Gambling and number 3 Name Calling.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJeusus-Christ man37 July 27, 2011

AWESOME!!!!!

What are you morons talking about I loved this movie, I thought it was kind of cute. My friends and I watch this movie all the time and it's awesome! I barfed in the movie theater when I saw this movie when I was 11 years old because this movie was so funny! I find this movie (Especially the pizza dudes) To be very funny!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMr. Beiber July 20, 2011

cute movie lol.

What are you idiots talking about I love this movie! But the TV show is weird. I agree with Christ lover, This movie was pretty cute lol.
Parent of a 1 year old Written byNK17 July 13, 2011

Intensity: stricly for older kids

I say Off 0-8 Iffy for 9-12 OK for 13+ I loved Barnyard and Nicktoons growing up, although "milk me" does NOT MEAN F*CK me, but still strictly for fans and older kids, reason: although fantasy, the violence is intense even sometimes GRAPHIC, and a PREGNANT COW although older kids see their mom's pregnant, reffering to animal sex?! not cool. but still a very good show...
Kid, 11 years old June 22, 2011

I hate the TV show but I love the movie

Well this was actually pretty funny, I mean those pizza guys that go "doo dee doo dee doo doo" I laughed so hard on that part! I do not like it when all cows play with their udders all the time, plus I hear some sexual jokes like during a meeting, pig says "You drink pee water, You drink pee water" That counts as potty humor right? The TV show is dumb but this movie ROCKS!!!!!!! I loved this movie since I was a 1st grader which is when this movie came out. Love this movie. Even though the coyote scene is pretty scary and when Otis's dad dies! The end was my favorite part! Common sense? Why is there 2 stars? Stop it I love this movie!! Don't just give the movie 2 stars if there was weird animation! There was actually pretty good animation eh. Good job Nickelodeon for making this awesome movie!!
Kid, 11 years old June 2, 2011

Tons of potty humor!

Duh, I have heard plenty of potty humor, especially the part when that fat pig dude made a joke about people drinking pee water. "Oh milk me"!!! Is that bad language, "Oh milk me" is not a bad word but theres still language kids cant use because theres tons of potty humor, Why would they have beer and alcohol in a kids movie? I hate this movie just as much as the show! Why does everybody like this! I hate it!!!
Parent of a 7, 7, 8, 11, and 14 year old Written byChrist-Lover May 15, 2011

I think it's pretty good.

What's so wrong with this movie? I think it's pretty cute!
Kid, 12 years old November 29, 2010

Funny Movie

The movie is hysterical! I like it a lot! Some parts are kinda iffy like the fact Ottis freaks out when he finds out that a cow is pregnat and the animals party a lot. Three stars!!!!
Kid, 10 years old September 2, 2010

Good Movie

Good show
Kid, 11 years old December 17, 2009

Bad for all ages

The worst and dumbest movie in the world
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 October 4, 2009

theres lots of death and....

theres lots of death, fighting, and yes vilonce!!!! the movie and the story is good but it could have still made it too the big screen with a little less vilonce. and no drinking.