All member reviews for Barnyard: The Original Party Animals

A re-hash of tired cliches and CGI effects.

Adult Written bynduns July 9, 2015

I can't believe I used to like this

First of all, this movie's cheap animations and the logical fallacies of the cow designs are the least of its problems. Oh no, this movie is obnoxious. Most of the characters are annoying and a lot of the humor feels like it tries too hard at times. There are only a few things that still hold up for me. First of all, Wild Mike is a pretty awesome character if only due to the fact that he doesn't talk and isn't a defined creature. Secondly, when this movie actually gets serious, it works. The scene where Ben Sings 'Won't Back Down' and dies is easily my favorite part of this film. It has great atmosphere that just sends chills down my spine and the fight itself is really well-done. And the final showdown, okay, not as impressive but still good. I just wish more of the movie could have been like that as those are the only good moments of this film. Still, this is better than the show, which pretty much doomed itself by removing the only likable characters from the cast.
Adult Written byluivelez April 9, 2008

Worst children movie my son and I have ever watched

Besides attractive animation, this movie is as bad as it can get. Nothing new about the plot, nothing smart about the development of the story. Instead a lot of violence and socially inappropriate behavior portrayed as funny. Same old idea of the solo-hero supermacho... life of partying and drinking, looses father and then becomes the defender of the barn. Add that they steal a car and motorcycles to succeed (all of this is supposed to be great fun!), drink (yeah! milk... but mimicking beer), and that the characters and movie makers think it is fun to make fun of a person with a mental disease. What a waste of money!
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

oh for....

you have kids??? were you a kid??? if you've turned self-rightous after your normal childhood, don't go see this movie with your kid. you'll only ruin it for them. the negative about this movie is that people who watch too much foxnews will make something out of anything they are told to...their kids won't notice a thing. my 8 year old grandchild laughed all the way through because she wasn't biased by adult knowlege. THIS IS A KIDS' MOVIE...not a social statement. let your kids enjoy it.
Kid, 11 years old August 2, 2009
Parent of a 1 year old Written byNK17 July 13, 2011

Intensity: stricly for older kids

I say Off 0-8 Iffy for 9-12 OK for 13+ I loved Barnyard and Nicktoons growing up, although "milk me" does NOT MEAN F*CK me, but still strictly for fans and older kids, reason: although fantasy, the violence is intense even sometimes GRAPHIC, and a PREGNANT COW although older kids see their mom's pregnant, reffering to animal sex?! not cool. but still a very good show...
Kid, 12 years old May 22, 2011

An overall good movie for tweens!

Yes, it is a good movie in my opinion. It is very funny and entertaining. I rate this title iffy for ages 7-9. The reason for this is because: First of all, a character dies of a coyote attack, which is really sad. It made me cry when I first watched it. At the end Otis fights the coyotes and gets injured along the way. A farmer is shown drinking and has a drunk face. Otis is in love with another cow which is pregnant. At the end the baby comes out. Obviously no sensitive parts are shown. Even though she is an animal, but still. A character gets worried that the baby might get stuck while coming out. There is also a mouse who likes another cow. Strange right? Anyway, this movie is best reserved for tweens and maybe even some teens.
Adult Written byrubina1970 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bykacey816 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bywhatever9696 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bytakinotice April 9, 2008
Groan. Another movie spoiled by hollywood's insistance to imput vailed suggestions of sex, violance and drugs in everything.
Adult Written byloopie_lou02 April 9, 2008

not bad

Let's try spelling correctly before we rip apart a not so bad kids movie (for the one who spelled violence "violance") maybe you should worry about other things than being so critical of childrens' movies! Let kids be kids! Everyone in the theatre laughed hysterically... try teaching your kids right from wrong instead of depending on movies to do it for you.
Parent Written byrufty tufty June 14, 2012

No educational value and older kids can see the comedy

The udders on the bulls is a disgrace. How are children ever to learn with massive errors like this. I thin its actually O for older kids. Mine were 9 and 11 and seemed to laugh a lot. But both being country kids new the udders were wrong.

Funny... but wrong

I saw this film on friday at my freinds' birthday. It was funny yet the furry ball thing was out of place.
Adult Written bydtafil April 9, 2008

Too scary for little ones

Although most of this movie was very funny much of the humor was leaning more towards jokes that older children or adults would understand. There were two parts of the movie I found quite disturbing. Adults should know that there is a scene where the father cow gets killed by coyotes. Please realize that alothough it had a decent overall message, many scenes were just to over the top for young ones. This movie is not was it was portrayed in the commercials.
Adult Written byAvonLadyLisa April 9, 2008

Amusing enough to keep our attention

The issues I had were the repeated drinking and bar-like atmosphere. They were drinking milk, but acting as if it were alcohol. Also, there was a lot of fighting between the coyotes who looked almost devil-ish, and the cows. Violent scenes between them several times.
Written byAnonymous September 7, 2014

So-so barnyard comedy is silly and uneven. Young kids only.

My rating:PG for rude humor and mild action
Teen, 16 years old Written byndrwcd November 17, 2012

seen better seen worse

just to let people know the main villian in barnyard which is a coyote is alot more sadistic than most villians i have seen in alot of CGI animated movies
Kid, 12 years old October 12, 2012

Great film!

Alot of people have been saying bad things about this movie, but I love it and I have watched it around 200 times in my life (I rewatched it atleast twice a day around when I was 5 or 6). I love this film and all the games for it. All the people claiming that this film has too much innuendo, it isnt actually meant to be. Come on, a cow saying "milk me". He wasnt being rude he was actually asking for a glass of milk from the bar, which also reminds me. There isnt drinking in it! Oh yeah there is, they drank milk ;3. Great film, Great storyline. Recommended for all ages.
Adult Written byDr.Pepper September 16, 2012

Guilty pleasure

This is a guilty pleasure of mine. Sure the animation is bad and the plot is cliche, but I can't help but to like it. It does include some scary parts such as a cow being mauled to death by coyotes (no blood or guts) and characters drink "milk & honey" like it was beer.
Teen, 16 years old Written byabbacus June 2, 2012

Good, but could be better.

I liked it. Kids will like it. There are a few funny parts, but the story is kind of boring. Also, why did the male cows have to have udders? That's just stupid and messed up.