All member reviews for Batman (1989)

Kid, 11 years old February 15, 2010

AWESOME movie Ages 9 and up should see it!

It's a good movie in all, but I think there is a little to much cursing in it. Some blood and violence but not to much. I can't wait to watch it again.
Teen, 17 years old Written byschuym1 December 26, 2010

Excellent Joker and Batman

I enjoy this movie. For people that don't like this or call it dull like Common Sense, just remember that there would be no Batman Begins or The Dark Knight if it wasn't for this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byShadowclaw46 August 6, 2009

The best batman movie, even better than the Dark Knight.

This is the way all Batman movie's should be made. I actually find this movie to be slightly better than "The Dark Knight". I also perfer this joker (played by Jack Nickelson) over the joker played by Heath Ledjer. Why? Because this joker acts obnitoux and is very unpridictable, and this is the way he should be, not some siycopath that jabbes a pencil through a guy's eye. Now don't get me wrong, I loved the dark knight, infact, I thought that it was the best movie of 2008, but this is the batman movie that all batman fans wanted. It's dark, it's mysterious, and it's actually funny at times. Also, I think that Michle Keton is by far the best actor to ever play batman. If your a fan of batman you have to see this movie, otherwise you cant call yourself a batman fan. And if your not a fan of comic book movies then prepare to become one.
Teen, 13 years old Written byquickbuild2345 March 14, 2011

Dark, dull, and creepy, but not without highlights

First of all, the story: a fairly generic Batman plot where a bad guy falls into a pit of acid and turns into the Joker, a homicidal psycho with a taste for theatricality. The rest of the movie is slightly boring, and disturbing sometimes, but also sometimes enjoyable with some good acting or a spot of humor, although the action scenes aren't quite up to what you'd expect from a superhero movie. Violence: there's no lack of it. Multiple people are shot, although we rarely see blood. The most graphic instance is when the Joker fires about 15 bullets into a man. We only see the first few hit him, but we later see blood on the newspaper that had been in front of him. The Joker stabs a man in the neck with a quill pen (bloodless), electrocutes a man to the point where he is a charred, blackened, bloody corpse, shoots acid at people, and uses gas that causes people to laugh to death, literally. Before he becomes the Joker, he is shot in the face (fairly bloody). There's a lot of punching, sometimes with blood, and a couple of people take long, fatal falls. Sex: it is implied that Bruce and Vicky spend the night, along with some double entendres. Language: there is some fairly course swearing (worst instances being s**t and g**d**n). There is some drinking.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth July 10, 2014

The first batman vs the joker

For the late 80's not bad but a decent batman movie. A main character falls to his death twice only to be resurrected the first time.
Teen, 13 years old Written byway245 July 16, 2010

This movie was an excellent movie. Language includes ba--ard, d--n, he--(said twice), b-tch, s--t, d--k, and then some .. Eerything is said once except for he--. Violent wise, you see batmans parents get killed with no blood, a man is killed and slid across a desk, showing blood on the desk, The Joker is shot in the face in the beginning showing blood, then falling into a strange chemical. You see a bloody surgery room, a man getting stabbed in the neck with a stick pen, and a man getting electrecuted and then just a burnt corpse, and the joker falls off a building. There is a couple of kisses.
Kid, 10 years old May 22, 2015

Teen, 13 years old Written byTiger13 May 21, 2015

Batman '89'

I think batman '89' is a really good movie, but some scenes may not be appropriate for young viewer under I would say 10.
Kid, 11 years old May 2, 2015

Violent, but a good choice for kids starting on batman films

In this 1980 classic, viewers will see lots of shoot outs, fist fights and even the Joker shoving a quill pen into a main character's neck. The fight scenes are mostly bloodless, except for a scene where the villain's gunshot is deflected, sending it straight into his face, splashing blood all over his clothes and another where a character is having plastic surgery and you see bloody tongs placed on a table. Language may be a problem with constant uses of "what the hell", "crap" "son of a b***h" and even one use of "s**t". Adults drink casually and the Joker is seen smoking weed. Apart from one man getting electrocuted to death this is a great family movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypicardisbetter March 23, 2015

Nothing Short of Amazing

Although it doesn't have the best Joker, it certainly has the best Batman (Michael Keaton). Yes even better than Bale. But the movie itself is the best tale of the Caped Crusader until the dark knight trilogy. However the ending kinda bugged me
Kid, 8 years old March 22, 2015

the bat

it was awesome
Kid, 10 years old January 5, 2015

Very dark but great movie

CSM is wrong.This movies is very dark. It has some language. There's some blood. There's lots of violence. There's a scene where The Joker falls off a skyscraper to his death. This is not to be for children9 and under.
Kid, 12 years old December 2, 2014

Okay, quite scary for young kids

It's an okay movie with a good job done by Jack Nicholson. There is one scene where the Joker is talking to a completely blackened corpse after the person was electrocuted that is very scary. The Joker also uses some scary props and there are a few swear words and innuendos.
Kid, 9 years old November 2, 2014

I LOVE BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS MOVIE AMAZING! it does have some violence.
Kid, 11 years old October 14, 2014

Lighthearted and campy action movie is quite fun to watch

Some action violence, mild swearing.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew October 12, 2014

Dark first installment in series is thrilling

My rating:PG-13 for violence,language and scary images
Kid, 8 years old October 11, 2014

worst batman guy ever

you are not going to love it I did not see it but I am for sure think you are going to hate it dont dare see it
Kid, 5 years old July 31, 2014

The best Batman movie!

I think Batman is awesome in this movie. It's very scary, like the guns and stuff. My favorite part was when Batman kicked the Joker off of the roof. It's okay for ten year olds, but I would say eleven.
Kid, 10 years old April 3, 2014

Batman!

This is my favorate super hero!YAY!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bylucamations March 16, 2014

CSM is so wrong

me and my sisters watched this on encore which doesn't cut anything out and within ten minutes we heard shlt and dlck. and i THINK i MIGHT have heard a f-ck but i don't know. we turned it off then.