All member reviews for Batman Begins

Smart and entertaining, but also very violent.

Adult Written byfmikef April 9, 2008

Dark

I think that this movie is a good pre-quel to the stories in other Batman movies. There is a fairly heavy Eastern religion influence(I wish I had known that going in). The movie is quite loud. Great car sceens! I also liked the bits of engineering for Batman's gear. My main objection is how frightening is is. The guy with the mask looks creepy--way too creepy. The fight sceens seem very real. When the crazy people are released from the asylum I was quite worried about the kids I was with. Older kids ok, but with parental discussion.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAshinthehouse May 30, 2011

must see movie

This is a really good movie almost better than the dark knight the only real issue is viloence i think
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 8, 2011

Not as good as the next entry, but it gets pretty close.

My rating: PG-13 for intense violence, some frightening sequences and images, and brief language.
Parent Written bytreat02 August 2, 2012

A great movie, but really has precautions . . .

This movie is very well-done. For someone like me, it wouldn't be quite as bad as it seems. But I will say, it's not very clean on violence. This movie is way more realistic on the violent scenes. *THIS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS* Peril is throughout the film, but some of it is mild. Near the end, (and it's also in the middle part of the movie as well) the actors spray gas that makes you hallucinate about pretty freaky stuff. Batman does it (sprays the stuff. . . not sure what it's called) to the man who was generating it all. That may make kids upset (like the whole part of spraying it in their faces and making them hallucinate) that Batman would do it as well, also, it could set a bad influence because he is the hero. In another scene (Bruce Wayne/Batman) parents die from a man trying to steal money from them, (he shoots them), which isn't bloody, but it's a tough thing to think about. Kissing is shown. There are also many different scenes of car-races (not really racing, of course) men fighting as well. The Language isn't very bad, (H-word, da-word, a-word) and it doesn't have any intense language. The movie shows children in peril, but they are saved. Characters beaten as well. When you watch the movie, it doesn't seem as bad, trust me. The very good things that are about it is that Bruce Wayne is a hero, and it turns out he "saves the day." Although, there was a lot of destruction. The reasons why he wants to save people are because of what happened to his parents (which affected him). There is some bad things about Bruce, he tried to kill the person who killed his parents, but the man was killed by someone else (gunshot.) I think Ten years old at the least can watch this.
Kid, 10 years old April 3, 2011

Great movie but not for young kids

Batman begins is a really well done movie. It is interesting to know how batman first started and it is mostly pritty cool. There are a few bloody parts and alot of guns and explosives. There is a monster called scarecrow and he makes people have delusions and mostly the delusions lead to violence. Overall I think that this was a great movie but not so much for young kids.
Adult Written byowvanguard April 9, 2008

Action Packed Comic Book Adventure

Adult Written byraab April 9, 2008

Good Stuff

Very much like the original batman movies. Although the acting took a step down, the effects and action took a step up. The new batmobile is great.
Teen, 17 years old Written byHorace Williams November 24, 2014

D*mn good movie.

I love Batman Begins. It's action packed, fantastic acting, and beautiful graphics. Wonderful job, Batman.
Kid, 10 years old September 6, 2014

OK

Goood for kids it just has some violence.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMavrah333 August 24, 2014

A great pre-quel for the greatest superhero series of all time.

There is some violence, and I think a smattering of bad language, but other than that this is fine for children of 10 and up. It is a slow start (it takes over an hour for Bruce to become Batman) and there is a dark backstory, but if you can manage LOTR you'll be fine with this. Then only scary part at all was when Scarecrow unleashes a gas (Special effects FTW! :D) but as I said, a fine film for 10 and up. If they make a new trilogy with that police guy as the hero (Robin perhaps?) Scarecrow must come back, he is not only alive at the end of each film in the series, he is never punished either.
Kid, 10 years old September 16, 2013

Bale is the perfect match for the role

Great movie perfect start of the trilogy!
Kid, 11 years old February 17, 2013

A brilliant film but some scenes may scare young children

This film is amazing and I totally recomend you watch it!!! There are some great fight scenes but no over the top bloody violence and a brilliant story line. Although it can be confusing and there are some scenes where people get gassed, which is a bit scary and mild language. But overall the film isn't to bad but if your child gets easily scared then don't let them watch it, but I saw this when I was nine and wasnt scared. 8+
Teen, 15 years old Written byMoviedudde18 September 11, 2012

BB Great movie

Very great and clever!
Kid, 10 years old August 27, 2012

Good classic but very slow

Sorta slow for batman but it tells you how bataman was made
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 21, 2012

batman begins

Families can talk about Bruce Wayne's relationships with various father figures, including his biological father (who is murdered), his martial arts trainer, his butler, and his gadgets-maker. What's the difference between vengeance and justice as the film presents it? Do you agree? How does Bruce put his anger to use for the "public good"? How does the film differentiate between "good" and "bad" uses of violence?
Kid, 11 years old April 6, 2011

A bit violent and scary, mild bad language, 11+

I like this movie I think it's really good but there's lots of violence and a fair amount of scariness. Mild language such as cr-p, d-mn, h-ll, a-s and a--hole. This crazy guy uses a gas that makes people see other people as monsters. Batman is a bad role model and sends bad messages because he uses violence but I think he is also a good role model and sends good messages because he is the good guy and never kills anyone.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp February 14, 2011

Suggested MPAA Rating: PG-13 for intense violence, disturbing images/terror, and thematic content.
Kid, 11 years old February 6, 2011

a nice movie review.

a good movie for your thrill seekers parents
Parent of a 14 year old Written byTheGman447 January 22, 2011

A great movie!

This movie is WAY darker than the cartoons, talking about death, more violence, and blood. The Scarecrow will scare younger kids with the drug effects. Batman is a good role model. not because he uses brutal force, but because he is fighting for good and trying to save a city with millions of lives.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byCommon critic January 7, 2011

A movie for anyone!!

Batman has been around for a while now.I don't see nothing wrong with it.my two kids love it.I think batman is a good role model in this film