All member reviews for Batman Begins

Smart and entertaining, but also very violent.

Teen, 16 years old Written byAshinthehouse May 30, 2011

must see movie

This is a really good movie almost better than the dark knight the only real issue is viloence i think
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 8, 2011

Not as good as the next entry, but it gets pretty close.

My rating: PG-13 for intense violence, some frightening sequences and images, and brief language.
Adult Written byfmikef April 9, 2008

Dark

I think that this movie is a good pre-quel to the stories in other Batman movies. There is a fairly heavy Eastern religion influence(I wish I had known that going in). The movie is quite loud. Great car sceens! I also liked the bits of engineering for Batman's gear. My main objection is how frightening is is. The guy with the mask looks creepy--way too creepy. The fight sceens seem very real. When the crazy people are released from the asylum I was quite worried about the kids I was with. Older kids ok, but with parental discussion.
Kid, 11 years old February 6, 2011

a nice movie review.

a good movie for your thrill seekers parents
Teen, 14 years old Written bydicapriofreak94 September 13, 2010

This movie was very well made. Definitely a action movie, has some violence in it, and scary images, barely any swearing.
Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2010

THE BORE BEGINS

THIS MOVIE SUCKED HORRIBILY
Teen, 14 years old Written bySgt-Samson July 5, 2010

The saving grace of the Batman company
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp February 14, 2011

Suggested MPAA Rating: PG-13 for intense violence, disturbing images/terror, and thematic content.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byCommon critic January 7, 2011

A movie for anyone!!

Batman has been around for a while now.I don't see nothing wrong with it.my two kids love it.I think batman is a good role model in this film
Teen, 17 years old Written byLadyFlameSinger October 22, 2009

Definitely not a children's movie

While I like this movie, I have to say that it is indeed very violent, with some rather intense martial arts scenes and shootings, and disturbing scenes with one of the villians, Scarecrow. I thought that the movie was well acted and well planned out, though it was a good deal darker and harsher than a lot of other superhero movies.
Adult Written byPoli April 9, 2008

Entertaining but scary

Batman Begins tells the story of a conflicted young man trying to deal with the idea of evil in the world after the loss of his parents. Because he overcomes his desire for vindictive revenge, Bruce becomes a better role model, but this film is still iffy on issues of social behavior because of the danger of children imitating the violence depicted. This film fits several of the criteria given on the Common Sense media violence checklist for whether media violence is affecting your kids. The effects of the hallucinogenic drugs were terrifying for an adult, I can't imagine a young child dealing with them. I would not recommend this film for children under thirteen, and young or easily scared teenagers would do better watching with an adult.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPYEsinc January 27, 2011

Almost Perfect! ...Not for Kids Under Age 11.

Violence starts out mild, then edges up to get to really violent. Also, the Scarecrow is why the rating lists "disturbing images", due to what he looks like to people who are using hallucinogenic drugs. Some sl
Kid, 10 years old April 3, 2011

Great movie but not for young kids

Batman begins is a really well done movie. It is interesting to know how batman first started and it is mostly pritty cool. There are a few bloody parts and alot of guns and explosives. There is a monster called scarecrow and he makes people have delusions and mostly the delusions lead to violence. Overall I think that this was a great movie but not so much for young kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywhaleoh4060 April 18, 2011

Great!

This is a very thrilling and action-packed movie. Be warned though, it is very dark. The nerve gas leads to very creepy things and the start is very intense. This was a very well made movie, not that violent. May frighten 9 and under.
Kid, 10 years old August 26, 2010

Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolbrees09 March 22, 2011

really the only bad thing is some violence
Kid, 12 years old March 3, 2011

in one word AWESOME

this a great film fill of awesome action sequences great acting and great characters. Micheal caine is brilliant as Alfred and Liam nesson is brillant as the villian. I love how it went deep into what made bruce wayne became Batman
Kid, 11 years old April 6, 2011

A bit violent and scary, mild bad language, 11+

I like this movie I think it's really good but there's lots of violence and a fair amount of scariness. Mild language such as cr-p, d-mn, h-ll, a-s and a--hole. This crazy guy uses a gas that makes people see other people as monsters. Batman is a bad role model and sends bad messages because he uses violence but I think he is also a good role model and sends good messages because he is the good guy and never kills anyone.
Adult Written by4Spice July 28, 2010

good movie

very good movie lots of action 11 and over for mild violence and mild language if you liked this movie watch the the dark night its 10 times better
Adult Written byjchun_isl April 9, 2008

The best Batman movie

I enjoyed watching this movie. It was action packed and very entertaining. I would have to say that I like this Batman movie the best compared to all the previous Batman movies.