Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Batman Begins

Smart and entertaining, but also very violent.

Parent Written byBiser September 25, 2011

A good, new take on Batman

I like this Batman. It gives some clear history to the dark knight that people should understand. Everyone should also know that this movie can only be a beginning to a character study that is decades old.

Adult Written bychellemomof2 April 9, 2008

Great Movie!

I really enjoyed this movie! They messed up some of the orginal storyline but other then that this is a must see! Not for children under of 13 for sure!
Parent of a 11, 15, and 18+ year old Written byJulieKryger1970 January 5, 2009
Adult Written byEntertainment Medley May 30, 2012

Batman Begins to have morals.

The best Batman in terms of storytelling, morals and heart! Beats The Dark Knight on those fronts in my opinion. Does come with violence (non graphic),disturbing images and an overall dark story line throughout however.

Adult Written byOlderThanMyAge January 4, 2012

Batman Begins with a bang

For fans of the ever-popular superhero mythos, "Batman Begins" is an excellent movie. Those who are more interested in the main character than the villains are in for a real treat. The cinematography is excellent and Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) shows a wide range of acting talents. However, newcomers to the Batman series or easily-bored kids will not enjoy this movie, as some scenes are rather long and involve more talking than action. But viewers are rewarded at the end with a breathtaking climax and plenty of fast-paced scenes. This is recommended to kids 13&up, mainly because younger children probably won't have the attention span to sit through the entire thing. But if your 10-12 year old child is a huge Batman fan, consider showing them this movie. Aside from several scenes of violence and drinking, it is safe for almost all ages. "Batman Begins" is a cut above most other movies released this decade.

Adult Written bySettingXSail January 11, 2009
Parent of a 4 and 9 year old Written byironman2 May 18, 2010

Dark film with great sound editing

Excellent film violent,romantic and great but there was some content in the film that was inappropriate for my children.

Parent of a 1, 8, 9, and 14 year old Written bythejokerspencil January 28, 2009

The Best Superhero Movie Ever Made

My 2nd Favorite of Alltime
Adult Written byquicksilver369 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bysilakkalaatikko March 22, 2009

Parent of a 14 and 15 year old Written byLiz Perle April 9, 2008
Adult Written bywsdiii April 9, 2008
Adult Written bytee_jay111 April 9, 2008

Everyone under the age of 5 should see this freakin' movie.

Christian Bale, the guy who made "Memento", Katie "luscious" Holmes. what more is there to say, than "must see"? Bring the whole family. You won't regret it. 4 year-olds should not be deprived of this film, let alone 12 year-olds.
Adult Written bysnewhou April 9, 2008

Great date for parents, not for kids.

Batman begins was an exciting, enjoyable movie for a date night with my husband. I would not take my children to it for the intense action and violence (fighting, shootings...) Was a great show for adults.
Adult Written byimblessed211 April 9, 2008

For older mature kids only

The violence could be a little too intense for some. The movie starts off a little slowly but is really good in the end.
Adult Written byjreyes April 9, 2008
Adult Written byguzmanc April 9, 2008

Kept me at the edge of my seat.

I took my 7 year old son to see the movie and we both loved it. At first I thought great another batman movie, but to my surprise it was a very good movie. My son and I were very pleased with the movie and plan on purchasing the DVD when it comes out.
Adult Written bydudeman123 April 9, 2008

best movie of the year .....so far

I liked this movie alot because it wasnt so commic-bookie like most super hero movies.....this movie also had a great plot and great visual effects....this is the best movie i have seen this year period
Adult Written bypkatz April 9, 2008