All teen and kid member reviews for Batman Returns

Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

NOT FOR KIDS

I did not like this movie. While it is well-made and has a fascinating villian, Catwoman, it feels like it just stepped out of a Halloween costume catalog. The movie is so dark and wierd that it comes across as fake. Plus, the movie feels so hopeless and is so full of despair that all the fun has been sucked out of the Batman franchise. Penguin was gross and despicable, I just wanted him to die. Catwoman was interesting but the movie wasn't really about her. I have to give it credit for being well made, but Batman Returns was overly dark, overly stylish, and no fun whatsoever.
Kid, 11 years old July 29, 2009

not bad

really good
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn September 5, 2011

Arguably the best of the original series, and deliciously dark, grisly and gothic

Batman Returns, Tim Burton's sequel to his original Batman, is a awesomely gothic and intense experience, which is sort of like a more tame version of the Dark Knight for the original batman series, but still very, very dark. Many tween's and teens are bound to enjoy the heck out of it, but the constant and extremely dark visuals, themes and situations may be a bit much for some of the more younger viewers. Also, it gets very violent and grisly at times and is often connected with the character of the Penguin and the origin of Catwoman. There is also some surprisingly strong sensuality and graphic but hidden innuendo too compliment the villains of the movie. It really is a great movie, if not the best movie of the original Batman series.
Kid, 7 years old August 29, 2009

this movie rocks!!!!!!

it's good,but their are some vlolence in it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAustnod June 16, 2012

Too dark for children

Teen, 13 years old Written byCgd0911 March 7, 2015

By far the best batman film!!!

This is by far the best batman movie. However, there is some iffy topics, graphic battles, and some inuenddo. The violence is very, very, violent, most of the scenes are not overly graphic, involving brutal, fist fights, explosions, and threats, though there are more graphic/desturbing scenes, such as: Selina Kyle getting pushed out a window (some blood) and then suffering a mental breakdown, Batman getting stabbed by Catwomen twice, but with minimal blood, the penguin biting someone's nose with blood squirting out (unrealistic and not very desturbing, but still gross), a henchman is shot and is shown floating in the sewer, a man is electrified until he is scorched black, though it is unrealistic and offscreen until the result is shown, children are kidnaped and nearly killed, Catwomen scratches up a persons face with blood, and the most desturbing is when a charactor chokes on his own dark blood with it coming out of his mouth. While language is at the PG level, there is some innuendo, like a reference to sex and women being used as objects. Overall, the movie is great and will make fans nostalgic, but younger Tweens and kids will be scared by Tim Burton's dark tone.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHorror_Movie_Lover September 5, 2014

Catwoman is da best

Don't even get me wrong, I'm not gonna review this movie, I'm just gonna go around talken bout the Catwoman, my idle. Well, i am one with the catz, catz r da best, I am Catwoman, Catwoman is not Catwoman, o gawd im going cra cra, idk wat im talken bout, HALP, bai
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth July 10, 2014

worst batman yet.

Batman returns was quite disappointing for a batman film and is one of the worst yet. Several characters are attacked and several die. One is electrocuted and another is hurt and chokes on his own blood.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrobinrunner April 17, 2011

A really good batman, a really good Catwoman, a really good Penguin, and an okay storyline

While the charecters in this movie are fanomanal, most parents might want to tuck thier littleist kids in to bed berfore watching this. Batman Returns is probabley the least kid appropriate movie in the series. That's not to say this suspensful film isn't good, just that it's not kid-friendly. Penguin mentions wanting to have sex with Catwoman repeatedly, and says a lot of sexual based jokes. Selena Kyle and Bruce Wayne have a very intense kiss on the couch. Catwoman says multible bad words, and the Penguin may look very frightning to a young audience ( especially during his death where black blood is squirting out of his mouth). Graphic images of cats bighting a womans finghers untill she bleeds, and a villain biting a mans bloody nose is also seen.
Kid, 11 years old February 28, 2010

Kid, 11 years old February 19, 2015

very dark and bloody

This was a very good movie, but it is NOT for little kids. Their is lots of blood, and at one point The Penguin had a plot to kidnap all the first borns in gotham. Their's death and some language, but this is very entertaining.
Kid, 11 years old October 14, 2014

Your typical superhero flick

Many fistfights, as a baby, the Penguin was left in a sewer for being ugly, a character falls out of a window, a character is set on fire. the Penguin calls Catwoman 'Pussy'
Kid, 5 years old August 1, 2014

The return of bats

It's very dark and violent. The Penguin was scary. If you're ten, probably don't see the end of the movie because that part was BLOODY! The Penguin takes over the Batmobile and that was really scary.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymovielover18 May 12, 2014

Pretty Good

I think this movie was honestly quite good it's very entertaining, dark and can even be humourous. however the penguin's image could frighten children and catwoman is very sexual saying phrases like be gentle it's my first time. But overall it's a good movie
Teen, 15 years old Written byMitchell Charleston May 14, 2013

Great.

The only reason why it get gets 4 stars instead of 5 stars was because of some edgy things. Other than that, everything in this film was perfect from the acting to the action. I also loved the graphics.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow February 8, 2013

Best Batman of them all!

Of the 1989-1997 Batman films, this one is by far my favorite. The first film made the mistake of focusing too much on the villain and not enough on Batman, but Batman Returns was much more of a character study, going deep into Batman's character while still leaving just enough room for the villains, which were very cool; The Penguin was better than The Joker in my opinion, with more menace, more black humor, some really freaky makeup, and a very dedicated performance from Danny DeVito. Christopher Walken (the "More Cowbell" guy) was as monotonous and devious as you'd expect from a performance from him, and Michelle Pfeiffer was slick, sexy, agile, deceptive and brilliant as the always stylish Catwoman. Michael Keaton is as great as ever, possibly even better than he was in the first film. This film was indeed much darker than the first film, with more deaths, more blood, and a much more depressing plot, topped off with a bittersweet ending that is just awesome. This truly stands on top of all the original Batman films.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJames V. Taylor June 22, 2014

Just a bit more kill-happy than the previous installment.

When I told my dad to download the live-action Batman movies and three animated ones, I watched it on the day after I watched the previous installment. I found that it was a bit more violent and kill-happy thanks to the review from the CSM staff. Overally, It was really good and it's suitable for anyone aged 12 and older. Check the Violence (thanks to CSM staff) and Consumerism symbols.
Kid, 12 years old July 14, 2013

Don't bother

The movie is not just dark but brooding and vionent, andvery creepy, like a real loving parent would not abbandon their childern, and the part were the penguin eats the cat and then later on he bites a mans nose of and he catapollts his own penguins for bombs, So basicly I HATE IT!
Teen, 13 years old Written byGaz10 October 20, 2013

Darker and more boring Batman!

This film is alright. It's got some violence but the main bad things are the sex references and language. This movie is way more darker than previous movie and this one is not suitable for children.
Kid, 8 years old June 17, 2015

Pretty graphic, but fantastic film is great for older teens but very violent.

My rating:R for violence, language, and brief nudity.