All member reviews for Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1

Extremely violent animated addition to the Batman story.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMr Blonde January 28, 2014
Kid, 8 years old September 29, 2012

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT SO BAD!!!!! BUT KIND OF BORING IN SOME PARTS! baby- WWAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Violent and very bloody i cant speak!
Kid, 11 years old February 21, 2015

very good movie

I gave this a yellow 10 because i watched this the first time when i was ten, but parents may choose to not let their 10 year old watch this. It's a very good movie, but it is very violent. There is blood, guns, 2 brutal fights between Batman and the Muntant Leader, and a few killings. As for language, their is one use of the a- word, and a few other mild profanitys. Their's absolutly NO sex, but Bruce Wayne is portrayed to be a heavy drinker. This is a very great movie, but i only recommend it if you are very brave.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTrueCommonSense May 17, 2014

Dark, mature, entertaining - just great...

... buuut not for your tween fan. Apart of extreme violence for a PG-13, there's some things like fantastic media satire that make the movie hard to understand for a 12. For everyone up of that, go for it - it's a fantastic movie
Kid, 10 years old April 21, 2016

Better if you read the comic

This animated Batman movie was amazing better then most. And way better if you read the comic! The only problem is the violence. It's kind of gory and lot's of fist fights. But over all this movie was fantastic.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 July 15, 2015

The best of the best.

An excellent beginning to the story. Peter Weller excels as Batman. Be warned: this is violent.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTreyMcCabe June 23, 2015

Brutal Masterpiece

This is probably on of the best Batman stories ever made, aside from Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight. It's also the most brutal. Seriously, this is one of the most violent movies I have ever seen. I would compare the violence to something like Elysium. except it's not the military kind of violence. I find it to be closer to things like the Raid or Netflix's Daredevil show. If you ask me, though, it is entirely worth it. Unlike the Marvel movies of late, it's actually got messages and questions for the audience to make them ponder. I highly recommend this to anyone over 13.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBatman100 March 7, 2015

Great movie but too violent for kids

Amazing movie, in the top three batman movies period. But it may be way to violent and bloody for kids under 13, and suggestive for 13-14 yr olds. Still, amazing movie nonetheless! I do think the violence is not as bad as people say because, I mean, it's animated!
Teen, 13 years old Written byEzioconnor24 August 3, 2013