All member reviews for Battlefield Earth

Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow May 29, 2012

A riveting sci-fi adventure

I have no idea why critics are panning this so much. Not that it's perfect or anything, but it's a thrilling sci-fi popcorn flick. The actors do their best with what they are given; I was thoroughly entertained by John Travolta's intentionally over-the-top performance as Terl, and Barry Pepper was a strong, solid, relatable hero in Jonnie. Kim Coates was supportive and funny as Carlo, and he had some good chemistry with Pepper as his loyal friend. Forest Whitaker was also hilarious as Ker, Terl's right hand man and whipping boy, even if his one-liners got a little excessive around the third act. The action is well choreographed and exciting, with awesome explosions and decent CGI. The costumes and makeup are fantastic, with good leathery suits and grungy, weird dreadlocks for the Psychlos and some nice loincloth robes for the humans. But best of all are the sets, which intrigued me to the fullest extent. They were dark, dank, and depressing, and it's quite sobering to see libraries crumbling to dust, or an old city being used as a Psychlo fortress. Aside from some poorly developed characters and a few absurd plot points, like fighter jets being usable after 1,000 years in storage, I consider this film to be a thoughtful, exciting, and intriguing sci-fi good time that achieves what it's trying to be: a fun comic book movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjb223 August 12, 2013

An Unintentionally Hilarious Schlock

Teen, 15 years old Written byKingdestroyah June 15, 2012

Terrible

This is literally so bad it's funny how someone could actually find it even decent. The characters are idiots, the plot is ridiculous, the acting is bad, but at least the effects were okay. This is (as the nostalgia critic said) stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid crap crap crap crap CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!
Kid, 12 years old November 14, 2010

While you were still learning to spell your name, I was being trained to make terrible movies!

Wow. This had bad acting, Bad models, the whole nine. I am so sorry for those who saw it.