Over-the-top sci-fi action with great special effects.

Kid, 12 years old May 22, 2012

GREAT ACTION PACKED MOVIE

This movie battleship is action packed movie, full of aliens and humans fighting for the world. It's a good movie that children and audults will love! EVEN THOUGH IT A LITTLE BIT OF CURSING AND VOILENCE( BECAUSE IT'S A MOVIE ABOUT THE ARMY IN A WAR) IT REALLY GREAT AND NOT INAPROPREATE!
Teen, 14 years old Written bylittlemonster98 May 21, 2012

Suprisingly non violent movie...

This movie is full of action, and explosions....but almost no violence...just destruction. This movie was actually very good and exciting. A great movie to start your kid on action movies. Riri was amazing for her first role. Anyone should see this movie as long as they are in grade school or above.
Kid, 11 years old May 19, 2012

won't make you abandon ship

This was relaesed a month before in britain so i watched it on the 15th of april.this was not the best action film i have ever seen and rhianha CAN NOT ACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but otherwise thres solid performences,ingenious nods to the game and awsome special effects
Kid, 10 years old July 14, 2013

The battle for earth has great vfx+action and Liam Nelson

Meh story and unoriginal plot/characters are made-up for by incredible action and special effects. The acting is okay and there is a lot of suggestive (sexy) content. The violence isn't too intense and there's lots of language including 4 almost f-words.
Kid, 10 years old October 10, 2013

Battleship is ready for action!!!

A must watch nerve racking, nail biting thriller. BEST MOVIE EVER!!! Battleship is about to blow every other movie out of the water!!!
Parent of a 9, 18+, and 18+ year old Written byhtcblondie November 10, 2012

Turned out to be a hit for the entire family!

My youngest son is almost 10, and we are very careful what he watches because it usually comes back in his sleep:/ However after a friend suggested this movie, knowing that we are always trying to find a movie to soothe his action type desire, we gave this one a go. It was a huge hit for the entire family. It does have some drinking (beginning bar scene) and some romantic parts (the make out on the beach is as far as the "sex" goes - covering the eyes works), but it was nothing that really made an impact to make me think twice about watching it again. The violence is all in context and was so far from reality, it couldn't effect him once the movie was over. I appreciated that this film wasn't made "dark" like many of the action flicks out there. Watch this movie without any expectations, and you will be pleasantly surprised.
Parent Written byMomom2817 June 21, 2012

GREAT!

It was GREAT! Much better than all the reviewers claimed. I want to see it again and hope there is going to be a sequel. The use of real World War II vets, and the old battleship Missouri, was FANTASTIC!!! My daughters are 11 and 15 and they thought it was as good as the Avengers.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow June 2, 2012

Think Transformers in the water

This was a thrilling sci-fi good time, with a huge budget and some great action sequences. It does, however, suffer minorly from somewhat of a poor script and subpar acting. And while the aliens look cool in their "Halo" styled spacesuits, their humanoid appearence behind their masks is, admittedly, rather laughable. My preferred alien look? Pale, soulless white eyes, fangs, and an ear piercing screech. Anything else and you're just using an old formula that was never good in the first place. But I am still giving this four stars because the action sequences succeed, however silly and over-the-top they may be. And the part where they use a 1942 steam-powered battleship with a crew of WWII vets to beat the aliens was a fun twist that brings similarity to the boardgame. Totally recommended for anyone looking for good means of escapism.
Parent Written byEMTPtoRN May 26, 2012

Battleship- good for 11 and up

This was a sci-fi movie. Lots of blowing things up and fireball damage. No true gory bloody stuff. A few S words and two references to the F word... Such as "Mahalo Mother (last word gets covered by sound of explosion) and something like "let's put some lead on this mother F-UH (FIRE)" (they never really finish saying "thee" word but we know what they are getting at. Also, there are some consumerism issues with Subway and Coke Zero. (At least they are the healthier ones :-) There is some minor kissing, a shirtless hot guy, and in the beginning of the movie, there is a bar scene in which he is celebrating his birthday by doing shots and drinking and committing a stupid crime for a stupid reason. Took my almost 12 year old daughter and only blocked her eyes for one making out beach scene... but of course she shooed my hand away. It never got worse than that. Enjoy!
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebo344 August 23, 2016

Dumb entertainment.

Battleship is one of the dumbest blockbusters out there. The visual effects and action are over the top, yet badass. The acting is okay, but Brooklyn Decker wasn't good and Rihanna wasn't that all bad, to my surprise despite a few missteps. The guy that played Mack was awesome. Story is generic fluff. But at least I wasn't bored. Three and a half. Grade: B-.
Kid, 12 years old July 24, 2016

Good, but Intense

This is quite an interesting alien invasion movie. Sorta hard to follow which character is which, but other things in the movie make up for it. Aliens will definitely freak out some young children. Great movie night pic for families with older tweens and teens!
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 21, 2015
Kid, 8 years old July 13, 2015

Thrilling,awesome, extremely violent thriller for teens.

My rating:R for bloody images,and violence.
Kid, 11 years old July 4, 2015

Epic sci fi movie

Battleship is a epic sci fi movie that is based on Hasbro's board game with the same name. This movie has swearing. It is mostly filled with ship battles. But has guns too. It has some sexual scenes. Also it has some great messages.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byedklat June 7, 2015
Kid, 12 years old March 30, 2015

Blown Away!

The best movie!! Violence, but not more than would make a mature-ish 12 or 13 year old uncomfortable. If you have an emotional kid, there is one part where a great main character dies that you might want to warn them about. Definetly a rare action movie with a lot of positive messages and role models! No sex is implied, although there is a part were the main character is making out with his fiance in a bikini on top of him , but its better than it sounds, and their relationship is a perfect example of the clean, good kind of love.
Kid, 11 years old January 5, 2014

Clunky, often exaggerated alien invasion flick, to say the least is over-the-top and fully deserves it's PG-13 rating.

Firstly, I've played the board game, and it has nothing to do with aliens. "Battleship" is Hasbro's sixth attempt to successfully release a film that does both promote toys and excel in the box office, this movie does neither. I remember seeing the ads for this and really wanting to go see it. I watched it on a car ride to Detroit, and have lots to say about it. Now, this film isn't good per say, but it's no worse than those "Transformers" movies, and it's no better than the "G. I. Joe" films. "Battleship" was made primarily to promote the iconic board game, made by yours truly (Hasbro), and I was unimpressed with the visuals, although the action I thought the action was pretty good. There was lots of language for a movie promoting a kids board game, some of which included two incomplete exclamations of "motherf--ker," (the f-word is censored with an explosion both times), "s--t," "a--," "h--l," "g-d--n," "d--n" and "b--ch." There are passionate kissing, a couple shown in bed, and a guy coming out of the shower in just a towel. Also, a girl kisses her boyfriend while wearing a string bikini top and very short shorts. Common in most alien-invasion films is a huge body count, and with "Battleship" that is exactly what you get. A few well-liked secondary characters die and the aliens wipe out two entire ships, destroy a number of buildings, and cause widespread deaths in Hawaii and China, as well as worldwide panic. There is lots of explosions and gunfire including some intense naval officer vs. alien brawling. Characters are shown bloodied from close calls and moments before their ships explode. The adult brother do shots for a birthday, where other people are also drinking. The main characters gets drunk and makes some iffy decisions as a result. This movie is definitely not flawless, although it's good choice if you liked the board game or similar flicks like "Battle: Los Angeles" or "Independence Day." "Battleship" has some comparatively substandard action sequences, and I was disappointed to find out that the coolest thing Liam Neeson does the entire film is yell at somebody on the phone. Taylor Kitsch is quirky, and really does nothing to become a hero, Rihanna should just keep singing and not act in another thing (she's not really a good actor, hasbro probably just incorporated her into the cast for the publicity).
Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2014

People are

Like the action, bit slow at points.
Teen, 13 years old Written byphilip1302 August 8, 2013

Really good!!!

I think the violence si really small. Few curse words, nothing serious. It's cool to see the movie while playing the game.
Kid, 10 years old February 21, 2013

i hated it

my seven year old friend and seven year old sister saw it but they didnt know what it all meant. there was these really creepy guys too.