All member reviews for Battleship

Kid, 11 years old May 19, 2012

won't make you abandon ship

This was relaesed a month before in britain so i watched it on the 15th of april.this was not the best action film i have ever seen and rhianha CAN NOT ACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but otherwise thres solid performences,ingenious nods to the game and awsome special effects
Kid, 12 years old May 22, 2012

GREAT ACTION PACKED MOVIE

This movie battleship is action packed movie, full of aliens and humans fighting for the world. It's a good movie that children and audults will love! EVEN THOUGH IT A LITTLE BIT OF CURSING AND VOILENCE( BECAUSE IT'S A MOVIE ABOUT THE ARMY IN A WAR) IT REALLY GREAT AND NOT INAPROPREATE!
Teen, 14 years old Written bylittlemonster98 May 21, 2012

Suprisingly non violent movie...

This movie is full of action, and explosions....but almost no violence...just destruction. This movie was actually very good and exciting. A great movie to start your kid on action movies. Riri was amazing for her first role. Anyone should see this movie as long as they are in grade school or above.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJesusFreak62 July 10, 2012

Great special effects and action but pretty much the same story we have seen before.

Battleship is a alien invasion film that is has intense sea battle action scenes and awesome special effects. I don't really think this movie has very much to do with the board game but there is one scene that is very similar to the gameplay. The violence is pretty intense with a high body count, aliens destroy buildings and ships, characters die, and there are very large explosions and gun battles. Which are pretty cool. The language includes a couple unfinished uses of motherf****r, and other words like d**n, g*****n, a*s, h**l, and p**s. There are a couple of kisses and a girl in a bikini and The main character is at a bar at the beginning of the movie. Overall this movie has great special effects, action scenes, and some funny moments. 3/5 stars.
Teen, 13 years old Written byiknowitall June 7, 2012

Rubbish....

I watched this last night and its ones of the most boring films ive watched, i recommend it for people who like loud noise and fireing constantly. overall a violent, loud film with aliens and a couple of swearing from time to time.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow June 2, 2012

Think Transformers in the water

This was a thrilling sci-fi good time, with a huge budget and some great action sequences. It does, however, suffer minorly from somewhat of a poor script and subpar acting. And while the aliens look cool in their "Halo" styled spacesuits, their humanoid appearence behind their masks is, admittedly, rather laughable. My preferred alien look? Pale, soulless white eyes, fangs, and an ear piercing screech. Anything else and you're just using an old formula that was never good in the first place. But I am still giving this four stars because the action sequences succeed, however silly and over-the-top they may be. And the part where they use a 1942 steam-powered battleship with a crew of WWII vets to beat the aliens was a fun twist that brings similarity to the boardgame. Totally recommended for anyone looking for good means of escapism.
Kid, 12 years old March 30, 2015

Blown Away!

The best movie!! Violence, but not more than would make a mature-ish 12 or 13 year old uncomfortable. If you have an emotional kid, there is one part where a great main character dies that you might want to warn them about. Definetly a rare action movie with a lot of positive messages and role models! No sex is implied, although there is a part were the main character is making out with his fiance in a bikini on top of him , but its better than it sounds, and their relationship is a perfect example of the clean, good kind of love.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew September 25, 2014

Explosions in premised tween frinendo epic adventure with polenta of violent action

My Rating:PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action,language,sexual references,drug use and warfare
Kid, 11 years old January 5, 2014

Clunky, often exaggerated alien invasion flick, to say the least is over-the-top and fully deserves it's PG-13 rating.

Firstly, I've played the board game, and it has nothing to do with aliens. "Battleship" is Hasbro's sixth attempt to successfully release a film that does both promote toys and excel in the box office, this movie does neither. I remember seeing the ads for this and really wanting to go see it. I watched it on a car ride to Detroit, and have lots to say about it. Now, this film isn't good per say, but it's no worse than those "Transformers" movies, and it's no better than the "G. I. Joe" films. "Battleship" was made primarily to promote the iconic board game, made by yours truly (Hasbro), and I was unimpressed with the visuals, although the action I thought the action was pretty good. There was lots of language for a movie promoting a kids board game, some of which included two incomplete exclamations of "motherf--ker," (the f-word is censored with an explosion both times), "s--t," "a--," "h--l," "g-d--n," "d--n" and "b--ch." There are passionate kissing, a couple shown in bed, and a guy coming out of the shower in just a towel. Also, a girl kisses her boyfriend while wearing a string bikini top and very short shorts. Common in most alien-invasion films is a huge body count, and with "Battleship" that is exactly what you get. A few well-liked secondary characters die and the aliens wipe out two entire ships, destroy a number of buildings, and cause widespread deaths in Hawaii and China, as well as worldwide panic. There is lots of explosions and gunfire including some intense naval officer vs. alien brawling. Characters are shown bloodied from close calls and moments before their ships explode. The adult brother do shots for a birthday, where other people are also drinking. The main characters gets drunk and makes some iffy decisions as a result. This movie is definitely not flawless, although it's good choice if you liked the board game or similar flicks like "Battle: Los Angeles" or "Independence Day." "Battleship" has some comparatively substandard action sequences, and I was disappointed to find out that the coolest thing Liam Neeson does the entire film is yell at somebody on the phone. Taylor Kitsch is quirky, and really does nothing to become a hero, Rihanna should just keep singing and not act in another thing (she's not really a good actor, hasbro probably just incorporated her into the cast for the publicity).
Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2014

People are

Like the action, bit slow at points.
Kid, 10 years old October 10, 2013

Battleship is ready for action!!!

A must watch nerve racking, nail biting thriller. BEST MOVIE EVER!!! Battleship is about to blow every other movie out of the water!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byphilip1302 August 8, 2013

Really good!!!

I think the violence si really small. Few curse words, nothing serious. It's cool to see the movie while playing the game.
Kid, 10 years old July 14, 2013

The battle for earth has great vfx+action and Liam Nelson

Meh story and unoriginal plot/characters are made-up for by incredible action and special effects. The acting is okay and there is a lot of suggestive (sexy) content. The violence isn't too intense and there's lots of language including 4 almost f-words.
Kid, 10 years old February 21, 2013

i hated it

my seven year old friend and seven year old sister saw it but they didnt know what it all meant. there was these really creepy guys too.
Kid, 12 years old January 27, 2013

battleship

good
Teen, 15 years old Written byWild flower January 18, 2013

This is a must see movie.

This is an AWESOME movie that you and your teens just have to watch! It is an amazing sci-fi/action movie with aliens, and a big battle that will keep you on the edge of your seat. Mixed in with some humor, and a tinny bit of romance. The characters did a great job, and Taylor Kitsch (John Carter) really brings a good sense of humor to the movie. I think this move is worthy of a 4-5 star rating. For those of you who are sci-fi lovers, you would probably agree with me that this movie ranks up with Avengers and Cowboys vs. Aliens. Battleship is a "HAVE TO" watch! You will love it :)
Kid, 12 years old December 7, 2012

!?

It's about a board game being taken over by aliens. I'm not kidding. applejackisbestpony
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 December 1, 2012

Fun action flick (no brain required)

This movie was really entertaining!!! I wasn't bored one moment. At first, I thought the trailer looked good but I thought it might be bad since it's a hasbro production and while they've done some descent things (transformers, g.i joe rise of cobra), their last couple of movies were transformers 2 and 3 which were some of the worst movies i've seen in my life and I was pleasently surprised with this movie. The special effects were really cool and the action was well choreographed. Some of the dialogue is really cheesily written and sometimes doesn't make a lot sense so if your looking for logic...don't watch this but if you want fun action and just wanna have a blast...this is for you. 8+
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 October 19, 2012

Explosive action movie has great special effects and thrills

Teen, 16 years old Written byTotally500 August 31, 2012

Battleship oh battleship

i loved this movie to death!