All member reviews for Battleship

Teen, 14 years old Written bylittlemonster98 May 21, 2012

Suprisingly non violent movie...

This movie is full of action, and explosions....but almost no violence...just destruction. This movie was actually very good and exciting. A great movie to start your kid on action movies. Riri was amazing for her first role. Anyone should see this movie as long as they are in grade school or above.
Kid, 11 years old May 19, 2012

won't make you abandon ship

This was relaesed a month before in britain so i watched it on the 15th of april.this was not the best action film i have ever seen and rhianha CAN NOT ACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but otherwise thres solid performences,ingenious nods to the game and awsome special effects
Kid, 12 years old May 22, 2012

GREAT ACTION PACKED MOVIE

This movie battleship is action packed movie, full of aliens and humans fighting for the world. It's a good movie that children and audults will love! EVEN THOUGH IT A LITTLE BIT OF CURSING AND VOILENCE( BECAUSE IT'S A MOVIE ABOUT THE ARMY IN A WAR) IT REALLY GREAT AND NOT INAPROPREATE!
Kid, 11 years old May 18, 2012

Battleship

This was a fine (not-true to the original piece) adaption. There was heavy war and sci-fi violence. Some kissing. Some contexts to f***. The main character is shown drunk in the first scene of the movie. Overall, this was good, but I've seen better.
Teen, 16 years old Written bychiggachonck May 22, 2012

Strong on special effects, terribly weak at acting and storyline.

If you're looking for an action packed movie, here's one right here. The special effects are amazing, the action could disturb a younger child, the aliens are a bit terrifying as well. But this movie isn't all Mr. Perfect. The acting is just plain terrible, I wish Alex Hopper was not such a slacker. If you're looking for good explosions, this is great movie for you, if you're looking for a good story and acting. I wouldn't recommend this movie.
Parent Written byEMTPtoRN May 26, 2012

Battleship- good for 11 and up

This was a sci-fi movie. Lots of blowing things up and fireball damage. No true gory bloody stuff. A few S words and two references to the F word... Such as "Mahalo Mother (last word gets covered by sound of explosion) and something like "let's put some lead on this mother F-UH (FIRE)" (they never really finish saying "thee" word but we know what they are getting at. Also, there are some consumerism issues with Subway and Coke Zero. (At least they are the healthier ones :-) There is some minor kissing, a shirtless hot guy, and in the beginning of the movie, there is a bar scene in which he is celebrating his birthday by doing shots and drinking and committing a stupid crime for a stupid reason. Took my almost 12 year old daughter and only blocked her eyes for one making out beach scene... but of course she shooed my hand away. It never got worse than that. Enjoy!
Teen, 16 years old Written byhomealonefan123 May 26, 2012

cool

i really want to see this movie. it sounds awesome
Adult Written byage 10+ May 27, 2012

Great Sci-Fi Flick That's Much Better Then Transformers

Kid, 11 years old May 27, 2012

Battleship

Battleship was a great movie! I had seen it the week after I had seen the avengers and couldn't decide which one I liked more. The movie had great effects like the avengers except it was a little more scary. Aliens pop out of nowhere but otherwise its fine for ages 10+
Teen, 13 years old Written byLegoGamer123 May 29, 2012

"Battleship" is a miss

It's a movie based of a board game, you shouldn't be walking into the theater and expect something good. I thought that this was going to be one of those movies that's bad, but enjoyable. The reality is it's worse than it looks, it's basically a boring rip-off of Michael Bay's Transformers
Teen, 17 years old Written byRobbShowMovieReviews May 31, 2012

Battleship Movie Review

Good special effects but bad overall movie is just like Transformers 2-3
Adult Written bymomof9yoboy May 29, 2012

good movie!!

There is definite violence and younger kids might be a little afraid of the aliens. If your kids watch other movies like this it is about the same. You see people bloody yes but no one being torn apart by explosions. My 9 year old son watches Spiderman and Transformers movies etc and was a little nervous about "oh no whats going to happen next" but in no way scared. The language isn't too bad sh*t a few time. they say mother**cker but they change frames before the f-word comes out. you hear motherfffff
Parent Written byMomom2817 June 21, 2012

GREAT!

It was GREAT! Much better than all the reviewers claimed. I want to see it again and hope there is going to be a sequel. The use of real World War II vets, and the old battleship Missouri, was FANTASTIC!!! My daughters are 11 and 15 and they thought it was as good as the Avengers.
Teen, 13 years old Written byxi love cod June 10, 2012

I LOVE THIS FILM!

I love This film GREAT Time So get yo age rated kids to see Battleship
Teen, 16 years old Written bysky65z May 29, 2012

Better than i expected

Battleship is a good bit of summer movie fun. I was just going to rebox this one but it was a surprise from my dad to go see this along with men in black 3. I wasn't allowed to go see the avengers without the rest of the family. Content- Humanity bands together to stop the aliens and alex learns how to be resposible once he becomes captain. Sex- one scene for alex and his girlfriend are laying on top of each other and making out. Nothing is shown. Language- partial f words, multiple uses of the s word, milder lannguage includes d--n h--l son of a b---h. Violence- Naval batlles between the humans and the aliens. Lots of destruction with the alien death balls. ( you just have to see them) The body count is high but the camera doesn't focus on it. This was a pretty good movie. The content equals transformers movies. Go see this if you like alien invasion movies.
Teen, 16 years old Written byRobsterReviews July 1, 2012

As expectted horrible lackluster movie is as bad as Transformers 2-3
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow June 2, 2012

Think Transformers in the water

This was a thrilling sci-fi good time, with a huge budget and some great action sequences. It does, however, suffer minorly from somewhat of a poor script and subpar acting. And while the aliens look cool in their "Halo" styled spacesuits, their humanoid appearence behind their masks is, admittedly, rather laughable. My preferred alien look? Pale, soulless white eyes, fangs, and an ear piercing screech. Anything else and you're just using an old formula that was never good in the first place. But I am still giving this four stars because the action sequences succeed, however silly and over-the-top they may be. And the part where they use a 1942 steam-powered battleship with a crew of WWII vets to beat the aliens was a fun twist that brings similarity to the boardgame. Totally recommended for anyone looking for good means of escapism.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykerekes June 2, 2012

Awesome!

I think that this movie is incredible! It is one of the greatest movies that I have ever seen. The special effects are incredible. This is a must see!
Teen, 13 years old Written byiknowitall June 7, 2012

Rubbish....

I watched this last night and its ones of the most boring films ive watched, i recommend it for people who like loud noise and fireing constantly. overall a violent, loud film with aliens and a couple of swearing from time to time.
Kid, 9 years old June 14, 2012

BATTLESHIP

Aliens just can't destroy the Earth in this sci-fi boardgame.