All member reviews for Beastly

Teen, 13 years old Written byabbs March 20, 2011

Good For Understanding, Mature Teens

Honestly, I liked it.. But what can I say? Its made for people my age. My moms biggest concerns were sexual, language, and role models, oh, and ofcourse, the witch. Im going to address those topics. Sexual? NO. A couple of kisses between movie stars. So, if youre afraid of kissing, dont see the end of this move. language. That IS a bit of an issue. At the dance, Sloane says "a.rose!? .....!?" and Kyle calls Sloane..Role models. OOOHH big one! okay, so as the traditional story goes, Kyle is rude at first. He messes with the witch, and he gets cursed. While he is 'ugly' he is banned in an apartment where nobody can see him because his dad is a self centered jerk the whole movie. Kyle becomes a better person while sharing the company of Lindy, none other than Vanessa Hudgens. But, the movie makes it obvious the good and evil sides of people, specifically Kyle. Okay, the witch. There is a witch in Beauty and the Beast, but she does not play a prominent role. In this movie, although Mary Kate Olsen is an incredibly talented actress, she is a witch. No, it does not offend Chirstianity, but still the fact of witchcraft gets some people excited, with reason. The worst she does is call herself a witch, and say she can do good... that is, if Kyle succeeds. But, there is also a "good witch" in the Wizard of Oz. Just make sure your kids know that there are no good witches and witchcraft does exist, but it is of the devil.
Teen, 15 years old Written byOGORMAN April 9, 2011

Cinema take doesn't quite compare to book, but is still entertaining and teaches about real beauty.

Only 2 stars Common Sense? Really? I think this movie deserves more credit from every movie critic out there. It wasn't the best movie in the world, but it wasn't fall-asleep-you're-so-bored bad. I found it very funny and entertaining. The beginning of the movie where Kyle harasses Kendra is where all the language is; as the movie goes on though there's less and less of it. Neil Patrick Harris portrays a sarcastic blind tutor so well, everything that came out of his mouth was hilarious. For instance when talking about "baby steps" he suggests Kyle walk up to Lindy and say "Whassup?" Which earns equally sarcastic comebacks and eye rolls. In the review it says there's several close ups of the main character a.k.a Kyle, a.k.a Alex Pettyfer. They say that like it's a bad thing! I mean have you seen the guy!? He's so gorgeous words can't describe it! Though I will admit his American accent got a little iffy at times, but he is English and you could tell when he slipped up (really cute slip ups I might add!). Kyle may start off as a self-absorbed pretty boy, but after falling in love he learns to see the beauty in others and the true beauty in himself; which is a lesson I think the whole world should learn. Comments? Questions? Concerns? Email me: ogormanscommonsense at yahoo. :)
Teen, 15 years old Written bysaralove100 March 26, 2011

This movie i would reccomend for mature kids ages 10 and up. It is a story of seeing a person from the inside not the out. This movie is a wonderful message for 10-14 and i would absolutley reccomend it.
Kid, 11 years old April 24, 2011

GREAT movie!

I personally saw this movie with my friends and I am eleven. To me this is the best movie I have ever seen. However, I am a very mature eleven year old, and I would reccomend it for maybe a year or two older- because of one violence scene, some kissing and relationship stuff (nothing too serious), and some mild language. But I LOVE this movie and really enoyed it. I hope my information helped!
Teen, 13 years old Written bykatie <3 May 30, 2012

Positively life-changing!

Nothing bad in this movie! although it is too deep to understand for anyone whos under the age of 11.This movie honestly changed my perspective on the world and the people in it. i.love.this.movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byglitter96 November 17, 2011

Great movie!!!

I think that this movie is great . it has a good message and quiet appropreate. THis movie is fun to watch and a great family movie! great!!!! this website over goes on the language it doesnt make it a bad movie cause of some language but if theirs a lot than i can see it but a few is ok just fast forward
Kid, 11 years old March 15, 2011

perfect for tweens to Adults!

Im 11 and saw it yesterday. It was great!! I really loved it. I think that it wasnt bad attal.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 6, 2011

i think this movie rocks even though it has vanessa hudgens in it! i love this movie!!!!
Kid, 11 years old October 9, 2014

It Was Ok

It was ok . I couldn't say that it was the best movie I had ever seen and there was no need for all the swearing
Kid, 12 years old June 12, 2012

Beastly

This movie is a good example of how beauty isnt everything. It doesnt make you better if you're popular or not. The main character Kyle is the most popular kid in school, he has the looks, he's rich and has everything a teenager could want. A witch that goes to his school puts a curse on him. He is a hidious, tattooded, bald creature and has one year to find a girl to love him. When the year is up, if a girl has not said " I love you" then he will remain that way forever. The movie is like a version of beauty and the beast except for a more mature adience. He has to find someone quick, and thinks of this girl he has known for a long time named Lindy who doesnt care about looks or if your popular. He watched her every night and see's that she is in danger from a guy who wants to kill her and her father because her father ows him money but is unable to pay the money because they are broke. He makes her live at his house without Lindy knowing who he really is. When he gets confident enough he lets Lindy see him, and she doesnt recognize him. They become friends but that isnt enought. Will Lindy say " I love you?" or will he stay that way forever?
Teen, 16 years old Written byyouguess? March 6, 2012

It's not that bad.

Ok yeah, the actors in it arent great but there was no sexual content, no drugs, and only a few words im sure everyone has heard. The story line was good but the actors werent fit for the movie. It has a good message that everyone should learn.
Teen, 17 years old Written byallie13 February 7, 2012

true love matters

i think true love only matters from whats inside of the heart :)
Teen, 16 years old Written bylmtrav January 19, 2012

Great idea for a movie, really not that bad

As a fan of the classic Beauty and the Beast story, I was really excited for this movie. I thought it was pretty good. The pacing was a little off and some parts were too sappy, even for a romantic like me. This movie is pretty good for preteens and up. The violence is brief, and the language is stuff most people over 12 have heard before. But overall, I thought it was a pretty good, and if you like it, I would suggest reading the book. Its a little different than the movie and has more depth.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycrazy4books January 8, 2012

Love or hate? Depends on if you read it first.

If you've read the book then don't hold high expectations for the movie. The movie leaves out most of the signifigant events in the book, and adds some scenes that don't resemble anything from the book or the original beauty and the beast tale. The movie doesn't convey the message of inner beauty as the book did. This movie is best suited for tweens and teens. If you haven't read the book then this movie will be an entertaining, sweet story.
Kid, 10 years old November 7, 2011

Good

Good
Teen, 16 years old Written bykaykaylovesyou! November 2, 2011

love is never ugly

i think it is a positive message because its showing you that you don't have to be hot to be loved you could be completely ugly and still be loved
Kid, 12 years old October 22, 2011

OMG! dont see please i beg u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is the worst movie ever! i can re-inact the whole thing and get like 20 awards! lol i wasted 86 mins of my life and $5, ill never get over: iv written somthing for you... what is it... A letter (she fackley falls &amp; he fackely catches her)
Teen, 13 years old Written bynicolemlt September 9, 2011

beastly

i love this movie. in my opinion there is nothing not suitable for children 10 and up. i think it gives a lesson not to judge and to be a better person. this is a have to see movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 August 25, 2011

Typical High School Slang

The language in Beastly is typical high school slang such as "sk*nk, sl*t, b*tch, etc." The bad content fits its rating.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCgood August 16, 2011

great romance film for most ages.some bad language

i thought it was a very well done film,and it has good romantic parts.just some bad language,and very brief.overall,good message,some good role models,and impressive story line.highly recomend it.