Lackluster romance is heavy on lessons about superficiality.

Parent Written byhonee841 January 27, 2012

READ THE BOOK LAZY WICTHEZZZZZZZ

if you read that BOOK instead of getting a stupid 2 hour cheep movie. you will be happier that you picked the book instead of the movie. there was A LOT of differences between them. Like the mirror in the book was brilliance and the dress in the 5th floor was AMAZING!!! the decorator did a a horrible job. READ THE BOOK PLEASE!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bylmtrav January 19, 2012

Great idea for a movie, really not that bad

As a fan of the classic Beauty and the Beast story, I was really excited for this movie. I thought it was pretty good. The pacing was a little off and some parts were too sappy, even for a romantic like me. This movie is pretty good for preteens and up. The violence is brief, and the language is stuff most people over 12 have heard before. But overall, I thought it was a pretty good, and if you like it, I would suggest reading the book. Its a little different than the movie and has more depth.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycrazy4books January 8, 2012

Love or hate? Depends on if you read it first.

If you've read the book then don't hold high expectations for the movie. The movie leaves out most of the signifigant events in the book, and adds some scenes that don't resemble anything from the book or the original beauty and the beast tale. The movie doesn't convey the message of inner beauty as the book did. This movie is best suited for tweens and teens. If you haven't read the book then this movie will be an entertaining, sweet story.
Kid, 10 years old November 7, 2011

Good

Good
Teen, 16 years old Written bykaykaylovesyou! November 2, 2011

love is never ugly

i think it is a positive message because its showing you that you don't have to be hot to be loved you could be completely ugly and still be loved
Teen, 13 years old Written bynicolemlt September 9, 2011

beastly

i love this movie. in my opinion there is nothing not suitable for children 10 and up. i think it gives a lesson not to judge and to be a better person. this is a have to see movie.
Parent of a 12 and 13 year old Written bytwoboys9899 September 4, 2011

Not quite "beastly"

We checked out the ratings on this and discussed the language etc. with our boys before watching with them. The story was good with the expected outcome. One thing I feel compelled to note was the reaction of my 12 year old son. When the main character was transformed into the "beast" my son replied, "ya, but he's still ripped" Typical Hollywood stuff, even the supposedly ugly people are attractive.
Parent Written bycleanmoviemama August 30, 2011

too much unneeded swearing pollutes good message

pretty much the only reason this movie is pg-13 is the language, and there is a lot of it. It comes off more as the swearing to be cool, and make it more of a teenager movie to me. I'm torn because the message was good, but the constant swearing made me almost walk out. basic story he's a jerk and so focused on physical apperance. after his curse he starts to care about people. His dad is a jerk, and never spent time with him before, but after his curse the dad basically disowns him. The main girl's father is addicted to drugs (although they just breifly mention he's an addict) it's a good look at at who you can be in certain situations and that everyone has issues, but you just need to love yourself, look for the good in others and do the best you can. the swearing is less after he's been cursed, but it's really just all through the movie. age wise no ones needs to listen to all the language and think it's just normal, but outside of language there isn't anything to put an age limit on it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 August 25, 2011

Typical High School Slang

The language in Beastly is typical high school slang such as "sk*nk, sl*t, b*tch, etc." The bad content fits its rating.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCgood August 16, 2011

great romance film for most ages.some bad language

i thought it was a very well done film,and it has good romantic parts.just some bad language,and very brief.overall,good message,some good role models,and impressive story line.highly recomend it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byizzylovesmovies August 16, 2011

what i really think !

i think its a great film!!!!!!!!!!!1 you really have to know beauty and the beast story line to get how similar the film is to it . i think its outragous that it only got 2 stars !
Kid, 10 years old August 15, 2011

REALLY GOOD

If it wasn't for a few bad words this would be PG. I really recommend it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byway245 August 4, 2011

Great Movie!

This movie isnt really all that bad. Other than a couple of kisses and some language. Language: There is bull---- , a--, d--n, crap, and sk--k. They say bi--- once and one person says W.T.F. like that, not actually saying it. There is someone who gets shot and briefly shows the body but no blood.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieWizard July 8, 2011

Too cute!!!

My friends and I absolutely adore this movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written byjessiebthatsme June 30, 2011

Good except the Language.

I thought it was good. I liked everything about it except for the language. :)
Teen, 15 years old Written byshannLouise June 3, 2011

amazing film.

this film was amazing, i read the book before and it ws also amazing. i highly recommend this film to other viewers and a sort of family film for everyone to enjoy proberly only children over the age of 12. but AMAZING!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byonyxprincess May 1, 2011

Perfect movie for teens and older tweens, some language

Good role models, and great messages about how beauty isn't everything. There was a bit of language, but most of it was name calling in the beginning (which they say really fast and I didn't catch most of it until the second time) and it dies down after that, being more spread out. Also, Lindy's dad is addicted to drugs and gets into fights. Pretty tame for a teen romance movie if you ask me, none of these things should be a problem for 12 and up, iffy for 11
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 3, 2011

I rate this film ON for ages 12+

The good stuff * Messages: The movie is ultimately saying that beauty isn’t skin deep, and valuing the outside above all else can make your insides ugly. What to watch out for * Role models: Lindy is earnest and caring, but she seems to be the only character who's genuinely kind and gentle -- though Kyle does undergo an emotional and physical transformation that teaches him about what’s most important. * Violence: A man shoots another man off screen and kills him; the body is later seen. Another man threatens another’s child. A high school boy ridicules a classmate repeatedly. * Sex: Tender kisses between the movie's stars; a couple paws each other at a party. Several close-up shots of the main male character shirtless. A few sexual innuendoes. * Language: Words include "s--t," “a*s,” “c**p,” “sl*t,” “sk*nk,” “bulls--t,” "WTF," and “bi*ch.” * Consumerism: Some label-flashing and name-dropping, including Ducati, Forbes, D’Agostino, Duane Reade, Coke, Footlocker, Jujyfruit, and Bulgari. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: Some underage drinking at a party; drug references.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhappyemo April 1, 2011

WEIRD!!!!!!!

very boring and drawn out
Parent of a 15 and 16 year old Written bydolphin11 March 26, 2011
i thought it was a good movie. better than the twilight series. it was a total "chic flick". but well worth it.