All member reviews for Beastly

Lackluster romance is heavy on lessons about superficiality.

Kid, 11 years old March 19, 2011

Risk on Beastly

Love it's message. It is perfect for mature kids. You really understand the screenwriter's concept its beautiful! ;)
Kid, 9 years old March 19, 2011

Mild PG-13

It's a mild PG-13 movie that dosen't have many things inapropiate. The language at the begining of the movie is bad, but over all it produces a good message. I didn't have to cover my eyes at any part. It may seem a little scary when he transforms but it was a good movie!
Adult Written byPURPLE-ESQUE March 18, 2011

Sorry, The Beastie Boy Is Luke Warm

Well...I was hoping for more. And by "more" I don't mean more language, sex, or violence -- I'm happy when ALL that stuff is left OUT of a movie. This one kept it down pretty well. But I was disappointed in the dialogue. Nothing very witty or interesting. I didn't even care that much about the characters, and I wanted to. It COULD have been a great little movie with sassier writing, and a few more compelling / vulnerable scenes that made us care more about Kyle. Too bad -- it had potential.
Teen, 15 years old Written bytwilightluver7689 March 14, 2011

Very good movie, Loved it:)

Great movie, just like the book.:) The main character is quite cruel and selfish in the beginning, but as the story progresses he begins to see that beauty, while important, isn't everything in life.
Adult Written byWaterNymph March 12, 2011

FANTASTIC!!! Definitely a new favorite of mine!

This is my new favorite movie!! My boyfriend took me to see it and we really enjoyed it. I found the lack of sex scenes and over-the-top cussing very refreshing. The movie had a great message, and I fell in love with the characters. It's funny, touching, sweet, and though it was a modern twist on the original story there were a lot of little touches that reminded me of the original. I gained a lot of respect for Vanessa Hudgens as an actress, and would recommend this to anyone. I even plan on buying it when it comes out, and I don't say that about a lot of movies these days.
Teen, 15 years old Written bypeace.luv.az March 12, 2011

Very Typical Teen Chick Flick

I didn't read the book, but I honestly found this kind of boring. I think this is one of those movies that shouldve remained a book. It was great they geared the cast (Vanessa hudgens, marykate olsen, Alex pettyfer) toward teenage girls though without using a bunch of current Disney stars. It's a good romance story and my only concern was that the guy's face after he turns "ugly" might freak some kids out. Honestly i was expecting more. I just found this a little disappointing.
Teen, 14 years old Written byaidanqm1996 March 11, 2011

Great Teenage Flick

The worst sexual content was a few pictures at the beginning and Kyle goes without his shirt for like a third of the movie. Other than that, there's a few kisses. Overall, Beastly was an excellent teenage flick that teaches you to not be full of yourself.
Kid, 11 years old March 9, 2011

What? Only two stars? I'm so dissapointed. I really wanted to watch this movie- not only because how old it's appropriate for, but how many stars it got? Is this movie really worth it?
Parent of a 7, 10, and 12 year old Written bystaceyegan March 7, 2011

I absolutely loved this movie! In my opinion "Common Sense Media" goes overboard about the age to watch this movie. There was nothing in the movie that is disturbing to younger ages including me, and I'm only ten! I defiantly give this movie five stars and if your parents say " You cannot watch this movie because common sense media says you have to be fourteen!", then show them this review!
Adult Written byGerald Filbert March 7, 2011

I think this movie was great and will appeal to young teens.
Kid, 11 years old March 6, 2011

Good movie...kind of predictable!

It was an ok movie...pretty predictable. It was a very MILD PG-13 movie. No violence or drugs or anything...just really the only thing was swearing. Some of the swearing 9 year olds and under may not even know about, because my sister's 9 and she doesn't know about some of them. But other than that, it was pretty clean. There were two scenes with teen partying, and one scene with some "sexual" content, but nothing too severe. I would think this would be a movie for mature 9 year olds and I would think that children under this age wouldn't even get some of the stuff it talks about. It was a cute romantic version of Beauty and the Beast. Hope this review helped! Thanks!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byMEEEEE28 March 6, 2011

SPot on for 13

I loved this movie. It has a little violence but over all it is good!
Kid, 11 years old March 6, 2011

Two Thumbs Up

It was really good a GREAT movie to see with friends. The blind tutor is hilarious! I was laughing a lot. Really good movie
Teen, 14 years old Written by99IsMyLuckyNumber March 5, 2011

YIPEEE KAYAAAY.

Even though we wish it wasn't, people DO pretty much look at the physical looks of people, but this movie tries to teach some teens (who hopefully understand the concept of silly bandz and crayons) that it doesn't matter if your a cheerleader or in the math club. P.S If your in the math club, ask the cheerleader what 2 + -2 is. Let's see if she answers. pp.s my friend step mom thinks the out side is what matters but she is WRONG!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCityofbonesfan019 March 5, 2011

Teen version of Beauty and the Beast

Well, im torn on this one. I wanted to like it, but it just didnt deliever on story cause it was so short. I liked the actors and vanessa hudges didnt bug me for once, but not my favorite movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byratingpeepsshows69 March 5, 2011

its a ripoff

this movie is just a ripoff of beauty and the beast. i think it sucked!!!! the women are dressed trampy and the movie is just depressing. Do yourself a favor, watch b&b before this then this.......
Kid, 12 years old March 5, 2011

Ugh...

I cannot believe that I survived this movie without screaming once. It was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. There was no plot whatsoever! Blah. Don not see this.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFurever cool March 5, 2011

wow

good ppl
Teen, 14 years old Written byLkkbpn March 5, 2011

Perfect for teens!!!

Amazing and sweet movie!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old March 5, 2011

AMAZING!!

I LOVED THE MOIVE SO MUCH!!! I got to see an advanced screening off the moive ( thanks mom! ) and I loved it!! My only complaint is that it's literally almost NOTHING like the book! If you read the book, you will agree. Sooo many things are different. They might as well call the book " Beastly " and the moive " Beastaly " ( BEAST-A-LEE ) <<<