All member reviews for Beautiful Creatures

Lush book adaptation mixes romance, fantasy, some violence.

Age

Educator and Parent Written byKobeHerr1 February 18, 2013

Good Sci-Fi Movie

I'm not sure where the other reviews report that their is a lot of sexual activity because aside from some kissing, there is NONE. This was an over all good movie that has a very interesting sci-fi approach. My daughter is actually going to pick up the novels now to read, so it resulted in a good outcome as well! No inappropriate material for children ages 12 and up in my opinion.
Teen, 13 years old Written byidawowcat February 14, 2013

Important review for parents.

I loved this movie. I didn't read the book but that's okay for me, but don,t let my talk get away there is a lot of the da.. Word and a guy named Link who got a lot if makeout sceanes with the evil caster cousin and also with the leads there was a lot of passionate kissing and if you don,t like the thought of witches in churches NOT THE RIGHT MOVIE FOR YOU. 3 and a half stars :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byRubyredwolves February 14, 2013

Great Movie!!!!!

Amazing movie!!!! It was a great story, and had a perfect amount of action and suspence. (Although the book was still much much better, and it didn't follow the book as much as I would have liked it to) I think there was a bit too much intense kissing, but overall it was an amazing movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byshainajj June 9, 2013

Teens+

I read Beautiful Creatures, before I even knew about the movie. The book was somewhat inappropriate, but hard to comprehend. The movie is very inappropriate, I'm 13, and I probably shouldn't have seen it.
Kid, 11 years old March 26, 2013

Define good.

Wow!! I went to see this not expecting much, but it's REALLY good!! There is a lotta kissing and things like that, and there is a lot of violence (in one scene, a mind controlled boy kills somebody). There are positive rolemodels because Lena always wants to do what is best for her family and Ethan, and Ethan is protecting Lena through out the movie. Watch it!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bySam789456 February 23, 2013

good

Was appropriate for my little sister(10). Great movie, almost better than book! No mature content, only light kissing
Written byAnonymous September 14, 2014

Twilight+hunger games=a teen friendly vampire movie for fans of twilight

My rating:PG-13 for vampire violence,frightening images and sexuality
Teen, 15 years old Written bykeiramalm22 March 24, 2014

The BEST!

I love it, kids 9 and older can watch it, it's not that violent!
Kid, 12 years old January 15, 2014

Good Movie, Good Characters, Good Message

This movie is super good! I love it, however it has some sexual scenes like when Ridley is making out with Link on a bed (dont worry clothes are on) and when Lena and Ethan make out and the sound effects show that they really got into it. There are some explicit like b*tch and hell. This also has some violence like a glass breaking and cutting the mean kids at school. There is magic in that tends to spark kid's imagination. The movie shows selflessness by having the main character give up her happiness to save somebody she loves. This shows the value of love and goodness. Overall it is good movie.
Parent Written byJen711 February 27, 2013

Not that great.

This movie had a decent concept, but somewhere in the middle it started to feel like a made-for-tv movie. Not something that's cinema quality. On a shallow side note, the main character's southern accent starts to get annoying after awhile. On the plus side, the bad language was minimal and no sex, just some kissing.
Parent Written byDadloveschildren78 February 23, 2013

Good

Appropriate for kids.
Parent Written bysusiemom87 February 23, 2013

Must go see!

Great Movies!
Parent Written bySmartMom989 February 23, 2013

Definitely, a must see!

I think common sense went a little overboard with the ratings. It is an appropriate movie for 12 or 11 year olds.(having taken my 11 and 12 year old) I definitely recommend it! It is based on a book about a witch with magical powers. My daughters (12 and 11) loved it!
Teen, 16 years old Written byjm97 February 20, 2013

Love. Love. Love.

I saw this movie a couple days ago, and I absolutely loved it. I am a huge fan of the book series, and I was very happy with the adaptation. On of my favorite elements was how real the main characters Lena and Ethan's relationship was. It had some very funny moments and some that melted your heart. Some things that parents need to look for is language, like s--t or b---h. There is some sexual content, but only intense kissing. There is some violence, but mostly supernatural. I recommend this to everyone! It is a sweet love story with a supernatural twist. While the ending may not seem satisfying, keep in mind this is a series!
Teen, 14 years old Written by808girl February 16, 2013

Mature Content

a good movie for mature teens
Teen, 14 years old Written bykitty47 June 3, 2015

Amazing movie!

Teen, 14 years old Written byabeerah_123 February 25, 2015

Did i read the wrong book?

This movie was an experience for me. Especially at the end when young old Ethan Wate loses his memories. At this part of the movie I felt like I didn't even want to read the second book. because the ending of that movie got me so mad That ending was nothing let me repeat nothing like the book. I was so eager to see how they act out the ending because its so suspenseful and my favorite part, but the thing is, it wasn't. so i was very dissapointed because if you haven't read the book you haven't felt the pain. as John green said, pain demands to be felt.
Kid, 9 years old December 7, 2013

READ THE BOOK INSTEAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Parents this is very scary movie for children but if you are a fan of twilight and scary romantic stories than this is the right movie choice for you. But still do not watch the movie because it has very poor acting in it! It is a good story but they made it bad read the book instead!
Kid, 11 years old November 2, 2013

I Love This Movie!!!!!

This is full of action, and romance. It is not like the book in any way. It only has to do with the plot of the book. In the movie it does swear a lot. I would recommend this movie to people who have not read the books.
Kid, 12 years old September 28, 2013

Love the Movie, Close enough to the Book

Many positive life-messages to ponder, a few scary images, a bit of language, long kisses, good role models, perfect for teens, I read the book and this movie was satisfying enough for me.