All member reviews for Beauty and the Beast

Teen, 13 years old Written bymusic4life92 October 13, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written byNoseStuckInABook April 14, 2010

A Masterpiece

Beauty and the Beast is my all the time favorite Disney movie (which is saying something, as I love them all so much!) and I made an account here just to defend it. First of all, Belle doesn't start loving Beast (or Prince Adam, whichever you prefer) until he stops treating her badly. Unlike some of the other Royal Disney couples, I believe Belle and Beast truly love each other, rather than the lust at first sight couples such as Snow White and her Prince and Cinderella and Charming have. If she was going to fall for that, she would have gone for Gaston. Belle is a great role model. She stands out, doesn't care what others think (great to have a kid appericting that trait young for once they get to middle school or high school), and she's not shallow. The animation is great, the music is great, it's simply...a masterpiece
Teen, 13 years old Written byleftbehindcrazed8 January 9, 2011

LOOOOOOVE IT!!

AWESOME MOVIE!!!!! This is one of the best Disney movies of all time. The story line is great, as are the messages and role models of the movie. Belle sees through the Beat's looks and looks at the warmth in his heart, and the Beast starts caring for Belle. There's minor scariness, because when little kids see him at first they will be frightened when he is very mean to Belle. Gaston and his "people" come to the castle to kill the Beast, and G. eventually falls off the balcony, after he stabs Beast with a knife. EVERYONE 6+!!!!!!!!! :D
Teen, 13 years old Written bytangled August 24, 2010

One of my most favourite movies of all time

Its sorta odd for a 13 year old to say this, but I adore this movie. The character of Belle is an excellent role model and the beast changes from a shallow man to a kind prince. WAY better than other disney movies I found some what annoying such as Aladdin and The Little Mermaid. Gaston is the best disney villain XD.
Kid, 10 years old January 21, 2012

wow...

yeah...Im not into this stuff , so.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysusieboo July 14, 2011

My favorite Disney princess

Belle is smart, kind, brave, beautiful, and, best of all, won't take Beast's crap. The Beast, in turn, learns to become a better person. The fight scene between the Beast and the villain at the end is a bit scary for younger kids. Lumiere and one of the maids flirt a lot, but nothing too extreme.
Teen, 15 years old Written byEmmaLu April 15, 2011

It is a great movie. I am a huge Disney movie lover! It will probable be scary for younger kids though.
Kid, 12 years old August 21, 2013

Fab film!

Great film! Bad things: mob scene is scary, as is Gaston and the Beast's fight. Depends on your child, but my little sister ( now six, then five ), was fine. If they're more sensitive, they can just cover their eyes or go out the room for the scariest bits. Good things: songs are amazing, characters interesting and fun, message great, one of the best disney films ever!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLu Bu December 10, 2012

Its sad how popular this crap is

This is not funny, i'll tell you what's funny, the fact that this crap exists, it does not even bother to try, it does not even have anything entertaining, this piece of crap is not even bothering to keep my eyes on, this is just revolting, these idiots just sit there and sing, and my dog is named Belle which is named after that stupid girl. This movie is just .....WHY?! I hate musicals so much, Disney, word of advice, stick to your pixar movies and not your stupid piece of crap musicals.
Kid, 10 years old January 22, 2012

Dazzling, with a few bad moments

I've been watching this movie over and over on a DVD since I was four, but with my mom fast-forwarding the scary parts. When I saw it in theaters with my 3 yr old sister and 7 year old brother, I was re-enchanted— but also had some concerns. Not so much about the violence, but about the brutal ways of Gaston and his abuse and blackmail of Belle, which, no matter how strong and smart Belle is, is NOT a positive message. My three year old sister took the violence well, covering her eyes and later commenting, "The beast was soo scary, but he got nicer and nicer and then he was nice!", but not all young kids would be OK with it like she was. But overall, I remember looking up to Belle as a four-year-old, as a strong girl who adored literature, and now I think that she is a better role model than ever, even if she does have a little bit of the Disney princess body type and looks. I've loved this movie for a long time, and in 3D it's absolutely stunning! Not to mention the fun songs and tender moments. Worth it— but be prepared to cover your kid's (or your) eyes.
Kid, 12 years old December 8, 2011

For OLDER KIDS!

I think it was a just fine movie, but it can be a little scary for yougner kids, a little to much violance, and it gives out the wrong messages. Just remamber, A magnificent movie, for old enough kids. Like my age, i am 12 going on 13. and it is still a little scary for me, but i am just a wimp!
Kid, 9 years old March 12, 2011

perfect

love this movie
Kid, 9 years old October 10, 2010

It's one of my favorites

I think it is a very good movie, but I vast-forward through some parts. The parts aren't scary but they are not the fun.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviegeek April 9, 2008

LOVE IT EVEN NOW!

Every time I go through all of my old Disney VHS tapes, I ALWAYS watch Beauty and the Beast. Even at 15, I love it. It has great tunes that little kids will obviously be singing for days afterwards because they're just that catchy. And Lumiere and that clock guy are hilarious, especially to a little kid.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCopper20 April 9, 2008

Scared me for a very short time

Great movie, but it's kinda freaky for a 4 year old.
Teen, 17 years old Written byLeafMeadow April 6, 2015

Timeless Classic

This movie is just Beautiful. Belle is an intellegent Female who unlike other Disney movies back then, had a complex personality. She is a Normal Bookwotm Villager with outstanding Beauty, but isn't one of those obnoxious "Prince charming save me" Type of Girl. This is truly Good for the whole family, and I'd reccomend watching this if you haven't seen it. But I warn you- The beast may be intimidating for kids 5-.
Kid, 11 years old February 28, 2015

My Favorite Princess Movie!

Great messages, no boring scenes, interesting. Some scary parts! The beast is SUPER scary at points. Boys should see at about 5-years-old. Girls: 6-years-old. Don't see with sensitive children till 7 or 8-years-old. (I saw it a 5 and I loved it. My brother got nightmares.)
Teen, 13 years old Written byIsaac T January 6, 2015

A fun movie with some violence.

This movie is fun to watch, but it has a somewhat dark climax. Belle is in love with the Beast (which almost everyone knows) and her crush leads a mob to murder him. The resulting battle is quite intense. Yet there are very positive messages, like the fact that it's never too late to repent and that "beauty is found within." Personally I thought the creepiest character was not the Beast, but Monsieur D'Arque. He is extremely sadistic and wretched, and his face always seems to be glowing green. Yet you only see him in two scenes.
Teen, 17 years old Written byHorace Williams December 1, 2014

Amazing Disney classic.

Beauty and The Beast is a masterpiece. The animation and acting are just plain epic. Also, I loved watching it as a kid, I still have the VHS.
Teen, 13 years old Written byanimateddisneyfan November 18, 2014

one of my favs!

I love this movie! It has a really good story and all the characters are great such as Belle she doesn't want to marry Gaston because all he wants to marry her for is her beauty and none of her other good qualities. And I would TOTALLY recommend this movie! But there are scenes where the beast has some very loud outburst that may scare younger kids but other than that it is one of my FAVORITE animated Disney movies! :)