All member reviews for Beauty and the Beast

The ultimate makeover story has strong, positive messages.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviefan115 January 23, 2012

One of the best Disney films ever

This movie is great for everyone! It's got entertaining songs, impressive visuals, and characters that not only show positive messages, but they are lovable. My two only complaints are that it might be scary for younger viewers, and Beauty and the Beast should have won Best Picture! This truly is a great film. :)
Kid, 10 years old January 22, 2012

Dazzling, with a few bad moments

I've been watching this movie over and over on a DVD since I was four, but with my mom fast-forwarding the scary parts. When I saw it in theaters with my 3 yr old sister and 7 year old brother, I was re-enchanted— but also had some concerns. Not so much about the violence, but about the brutal ways of Gaston and his abuse and blackmail of Belle, which, no matter how strong and smart Belle is, is NOT a positive message. My three year old sister took the violence well, covering her eyes and later commenting, "The beast was soo scary, but he got nicer and nicer and then he was nice!", but not all young kids would be OK with it like she was. But overall, I remember looking up to Belle as a four-year-old, as a strong girl who adored literature, and now I think that she is a better role model than ever, even if she does have a little bit of the Disney princess body type and looks. I've loved this movie for a long time, and in 3D it's absolutely stunning! Not to mention the fun songs and tender moments. Worth it— but be prepared to cover your kid's (or your) eyes.
Kid, 10 years old January 21, 2012

wow...

yeah...Im not into this stuff , so.
Kid, 12 years old January 19, 2012

nice movie

its a very good movie i love it
Teen, 13 years old Written bycarlisle706 January 18, 2012

Disney classic

This movie is a disney classic. It is totally fine for young kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCantresitthefluff45 January 18, 2012

Even better in 3-D!

Great movie in 2-D. But even better in 3-D!
Parent Written byFairyTaleParent January 17, 2012

Fairy Tale Fantastic!!!!!

This movie is great. The story line is absolutly fantastic. It is different than other fairy tale stories because it truly stresses the importance of loving someone for their personality. Other stories, like Cinderella, while great, seem to stress the importance of just "getting the prince." Beauty and the Beast stresses the importance of understanding the people around you and no matter what being true to yourself.
Parent Written bylextaplex January 16, 2012

For all ages

I thought this movie was great for kids, teens, and adults! The music is great, and the whole movie was made well! its a must see for the whole family.
Parent Written byDaddy HammboneGOLF January 15, 2012

BEST DISNEY ANIMATED MOVIE

This is the best Disney animated movie. Wonderful music, animation and story. The ballroom scene is magnificent, and the detail is stunning. I took my children to see this three times when it came out, because I couldn't get enough.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylittlemonster98 January 14, 2012

Disney Movie goes a little overboard

I know that this is a kids movie...but it is very violent, for a disney movie. Plus it is rather scary and has some drinking in it. For older kids.
Kid, 8 years old January 10, 2012

Beauty and the Beast is good

Good for anyone
Teen, 14 years old Written byBieberFreakinFever January 10, 2012

The Beast Will Scare Young Auidences

I love this movie, it's one of my all time favorite. Its has strong positive messages about doing whats right and focuses on the inner beauty in people. The beast is in some parts terrifying, so not for kids 3 and under.
Parent Written bymichelleyan January 7, 2012

the fillm of beauty and the beast

Teen, 16 years old Written bylmtrav December 28, 2011

Timeless

If you haven't seen this movie, go do it right now. You are missing out.
Educator and Parent of an infant year old Written byFosterFan December 21, 2011

Belle, misunderstood feminist icon

Belle is the best Disney Princess ever. She READS, she's kind, smart, doesn't give in to peer pressure and doesn't wait for her prince to rescue her. Instead, she sacrifices herself for her father, and she actually gets to know the man she loves before marrying him. Some people say Belle is a bad role model for girls, because she teaches them that, by staying by the side of the man she loves, he will change. But they both just met halfway, because Beast had to improve in order for Belle to love him. So, no, I don't think Belle's a bad role model, in fact I think she's one of the great feminist icons Disney has ever created.
Teen, 17 years old Written bykamiekirk December 16, 2011

Should have been PG, not G rated. Disappointed with sexuality contained within.

Most parents and teens would balk at my rating, but having just watched it for the first time, I had an issue with how sexual the maid was with Lumiere. Also, the scene in which the villager is plucking her feathers resembles rape, which was extremely upsetting for me to see in a children's movie. Besides the issue with the maid, there were many women who had tons of cleavage. As a Disney movie, the sexuality was pointless and really bothered me. It should not have been rated G, it most definitely should have at least been rated PG for the sexuality alone, despite all the violence in the movie. There are parents who don't want to show their young children sexual things, as they are, in fact, children. I may be a teenager, but I would definitely not show this to my children until they were at least ten.
Adult Written bygrizmaster1981 December 13, 2011

A couple scenes of the beast makes this film iffy for the little ones

The fact that the beast scared me a couple times when I was a child makes this film iffy for little kids. The beast has violent outbursts and also how gaston treats belle making him a bad role model for boys learning how to treat women.
Kid, 3 years old November 19, 2011

Adult Written byraquelp1234 November 6, 2011

Watch this

Teen, 13 years old Written bypurplebaron October 30, 2011

Disney Classic!!

This movie is awesome, a true Disney classic! The only problem there are some scary scenes (wolf attack, villagers attack, etc) but it should be ok for all kids 7 and over, maybe ok for some kids 5 and under.