All member reviews for Beauty and the Beast

Disney fave has great music, strong messages, some scares.

Kid, 10 years old November 1, 2014

i know it's a good movie but...

your company spoils important parts even though parents need to know. SPOILER ALERT! THERE WAS NO NEED TO SAY the part where you said a person dies. anyone can handle this! parents DO NOT need to know about that in your video review.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTara13 July 3, 2014

Probably my favorite disney princess movie!!

Beauty and the Beast has been one of my favorite since i was a child! Wonderful story, music, and love! Many girls would love this film! Much better and not as scary as Aladdin, Sleeping Beauty, or The Little Mermaid. Just beautiful! Gaston gets a little violent at the end, (trying to kill the Beast), this may scare younger kids under 6 so you may not want to then to see it quite yet, but great for 8+
Teen, 16 years old Written bySunburst99 May 24, 2014

Great movie

This is a really good movie. Belle is a good role model. She's bright and intelligent. Over all she's a very likable character. The Beast is a very well done character. His character development is very well done for the most part. The animation is also very well done. However, the Beast's design might be a little scary for really young children. The message that beauty is found within is a important one. If you're looking for a good family movie I suggest this one.
Kid, 7 years old February 1, 2014

Ups and downs of Beauty and the Beast

Beauty and the Beast is a great movie. However, there are a few intense scenes. For example, the main characters get attacked by vicious wolves. And, it was a bit scary when Gaston (a knife-wielding man) falls into a canyon and meets his death. And I hope that other children will enjoy this film as much as I did.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJo86 July 2, 2013

A great movie with a strong, positive message

Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite movies and personally, I think it is better than the other princess Disney movies. It has some violence and the Beast is a scary-looking creature, but other than that, it is a great movie that children and families will enjoy. It has a great message and moral, and fantastic music. You must watch Beauty and the Beast!
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr. King December 19, 2012

Extremely lame!

WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE THIS MOVIE?! It's so boring! The plot is terrible too! DON'T WATCH THIS OVERRATED TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus December 15, 2012

A classic, for sure.

I love this movie! It might be a little iffy for younger kids due to violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhellokittycaroline March 28, 2012

A Tale as Old as Time

I have absoulutly loved this movie since I was a little girl. It is my all time favorite movie. Belle is such a great role model, she's beautiful, kind, brave, funny, very smart, and encourages kids to read. She doesn't judge love on apperences. i am so excited to be playing Belle in my schools production of beauty and the beast! Anyways this is a classic film. This is a two time Academy Award Winning movie. The Broadway play is a Tony award winning musical. The musical is spectacular as well. I love this movie so much. I am the world's biggest Belle fan!
Teen, 13 years old Written byGallifrey101 February 19, 2012

Good Movie, Nothing to Worry About

Singing french candles kissing dusters. Yes, please hide your children from these hideous scenes. I don't understand the big deal. I didn't understand what was happening, nor care. By the time your kid is the age that he/she actually pays attention to small details such as those, it really doesn't matter anymore. On another note, the bar scene was my favorite, thank you very much - I thought it was juice or something, not alcohol (considering I didn't even know the word alcohol) and I liked the song. The point is, most kids don't understand half the references and other things, so really your obsessing about what you can see and what your children can't. I think you're looking into it too much. I remember a beast (which I found very cool) a princess (who loved reading and liked blue, so I liked her) and a bunch of singing utensils. I mean, come on, what kind of two year old doesn't like that? :)
Kid, 12 years old January 19, 2012

nice movie

its a very good movie i love it
Teen, 13 years old Written bycarlisle706 January 18, 2012

Disney classic

This movie is a disney classic. It is totally fine for young kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCantresitthefluff45 January 18, 2012

Even better in 3-D!

Great movie in 2-D. But even better in 3-D!
Parent Written byFairyTaleParent January 17, 2012

Fairy Tale Fantastic!!!!!

This movie is great. The story line is absolutly fantastic. It is different than other fairy tale stories because it truly stresses the importance of loving someone for their personality. Other stories, like Cinderella, while great, seem to stress the importance of just "getting the prince." Beauty and the Beast stresses the importance of understanding the people around you and no matter what being true to yourself.
Parent Written bylextaplex January 16, 2012

For all ages

I thought this movie was great for kids, teens, and adults! The music is great, and the whole movie was made well! its a must see for the whole family.
Parent Written byDaddy HammboneGOLF January 15, 2012

BEST DISNEY ANIMATED MOVIE

This is the best Disney animated movie. Wonderful music, animation and story. The ballroom scene is magnificent, and the detail is stunning. I took my children to see this three times when it came out, because I couldn't get enough.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylittlemonster98 January 14, 2012

Disney Movie goes a little overboard

I know that this is a kids movie...but it is very violent, for a disney movie. Plus it is rather scary and has some drinking in it. For older kids.
Kid, 8 years old January 10, 2012

Beauty and the Beast is good

Good for anyone
Teen, 14 years old Written byBieberFreakinFever January 10, 2012

The Beast Will Scare Young Auidences

I love this movie, it's one of my all time favorite. Its has strong positive messages about doing whats right and focuses on the inner beauty in people. The beast is in some parts terrifying, so not for kids 3 and under.
Parent Written bymichelleyan January 7, 2012

the fillm of beauty and the beast

Teen, 16 years old Written bylmtrav December 28, 2011

Timeless

If you haven't seen this movie, go do it right now. You are missing out.