All parent member reviews for Beetlejuice

Adult Written byTheoDoyp January 21, 2016

BeetleJuice REVIEW

I like most of Tim burtons films. They are quirky and outrageous at times. This film doesn't let up. We have some serious themes, death (including teen suicide) and some creepy images that little kids wouldn't find too great. There is some light swearing and even one unexpected "f--k". But it's a weird but pretty good film thats lots of fun and definitely worth watching if you love any more films by Burton and like his style.
Educator and Parent Written bykrystenleep January 15, 2016

Dirty humor, not for children.

A LOT of swear words, heavy on the sexual humor, many (MANY) references to suicide, general scary "halloween-ish" images leaning far over the line into adult humor. I wouldn't recommend this movie to any family with children younger than 15 or a very mature 14.
Parent of a 2, 10, and 12 year old Written byRuth Wilson December 5, 2015

Beetlejuice is a pervert. Lydia is suicidal. Someone invited sir Cuss-A-Lot to help plan the script. Way innapropriate.
Adult Written bymatthewc October 19, 2015

A little edgy for a child, but good for teens and adults

While "Beetlejuice" is often considered family horror it is questionable whether or not it should be for younger viewers. If we dissect the film we find a plot about a Connecticut couple who become ghosts and enlist a bio-exorcist to get rid of a couple who are living in their home. But through out the movie there is a lot of sexual references and innuendos most of it will go over kids heads but some kids will catch it right away. Also Betelguese expresses desire for Lidia which is consider inappropriate because she's a teenager. The violence is at times frightening but it is mostly played for laughs. The biggest problem is the MPAA went easy on this film and slapped a PG on so it'd drawn a bigger crowd because PG-13 films are often seen as a small market in the film industry. It should be PG-13 For Comic Horror Violence, Some Innuendo and Sexual References. I still stand by my standards and say it's most appropriate for 13+
Parent Written bysimmom October 5, 2015

Not What I Remembered

I thought this would be fun for me and the kids to watch because I just thought it was funny and goofy. True, some of the parts of the movie are funny and silly. However, I did not remember the lewdness contained in this movie nor did I recall the foul language. He makes horrible gestures, which I did not appreciate, but when he said the "f" word, that was enough for me. I googled the reviews and discovered the movie contained lots more bad language. So, we turned the movie off. I cannot believe this was just rated PG.
Adult Written byaidans1 August 7, 2015
Some mild violence and a couple of damns and a f word
Parent Written byranas April 10, 2015

Too gory and sexual for kids under 13

Lots of gory visuals (it's a world about death, main characters are ghosts). Beetlejuice is a major pervert, regularly groping girls, grabbing his crotch, etc. Plus uses the F word!! Awful for young kids.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byDolphincat March 22, 2015

Beetlejuice

A bit sexual and a bit of language, and a bit scary for young children very funny
Parent of a 10 year old Written byzareta January 10, 2015

Amazing

I'm 10 and i thought the movie was amazing. But it's also a little scary, it gave me a nightmare that i was dead and came back to life and had a hard time "living". I suggest you watch it with a parent but nothing else is really that scary. It's an old movie so you can tell everything is fake and are things are made out of clay. I suggest you watch it
Adult Written byBringBackCleanMovies October 21, 2013

This is NOT a PG Movie

This is one of my all time favorite movies, but really nobody under 18 or older should see this. There is a reference to suicide with the receptionist, Juno the case worker is a heavy smoker with her throat slashed. the daughter Lydia wants to commit suicide, and beetlejuice is very perverted, gross and crass. He has a foul mouth and is self proclaimed murderer in the name of pest removal. Not a good movie for any kid.
Educator and Parent Written bychristian-witness June 28, 2012

poor

Parent of a 14 year old Written bysecx November 2, 2010

shivering moments of a crazed movie

:D i saw it an i shiverd
Parent of a 2, 3, and 8 year old Written byMom0f4Blessings September 15, 2010

Not For Tiny Tots

This movie does have the f word-once, but it is still there so I wouldn't let little ones watch it.It is classic Tim Burton-Creepy and a little odd but oddly comfortable and a great movie.My son loves Beetlejuice and I think the couple in this movie sends a good message with the love they have for Lydia.
Parent of a 1, 3, 8, and 10 year old Written byJacobyShaddix32 January 2, 2010

good movie

good movie to see with the older kids
Adult Written bybrennafly April 9, 2008

creative, original movie

I think that this movie should be ages 10 plus. If parents watch this movie with young children they should be ready to censor. (there is 1 f word) I really enjoyed this movie, it's very different from anything else out there. I thought it was very funny and an overall good movie. Be careful of the age of the child though, the characters are scary looking.
Adult Written byBobslob April 9, 2008

Beetle juice is a movie you want to see!

Michael Keeton and his pals have a ball when he comes back to life in this funny movie. He has to teach two other dead people how to act in the afterlife. They end up learning to live with the new people who live in their house and they sing and dance a lot. Im amazed that this movie was made so long ago!