All parent member reviews for Beetlejuice

Adult Written byDolphincat March 22, 2015

Beetlejuice

A bit sexual and a bit of language, and a bit scary for young children very funny
Parent of a 10 year old Written byzareta January 10, 2015

Amazing

I'm 10 and i thought the movie was amazing. But it's also a little scary, it gave me a nightmare that i was dead and came back to life and had a hard time "living". I suggest you watch it with a parent but nothing else is really that scary. It's an old movie so you can tell everything is fake and are things are made out of clay. I suggest you watch it
Adult Written byBringBackCleanMovies October 21, 2013

This is NOT a PG Movie

This is one of my all time favorite movies, but really nobody under 18 or older should see this. There is a reference to suicide with the receptionist, Juno the case worker is a heavy smoker with her throat slashed. the daughter Lydia wants to commit suicide, and beetlejuice is very perverted, gross and crass. He has a foul mouth and is self proclaimed murderer in the name of pest removal. Not a good movie for any kid.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 August 28, 2012

beetlejuice

Families can talk about why Lydia was so sad. How did she deal with it, and was her way of coping effective? How do you deal with it when you're sad? Also, what do you think of this bizarre take on the afterlife? What other movie depictions can you think of? Which is the most outlandish?
Educator and Parent Written bychristian-witness June 28, 2012

poor

Parent of a 14 year old Written bysecx November 2, 2010

shivering moments of a crazed movie

:D i saw it an i shiverd
Parent of a 2, 3, and 8 year old Written byMom0f4Blessings September 15, 2010

Not For Tiny Tots

This movie does have the f word-once, but it is still there so I wouldn't let little ones watch it.It is classic Tim Burton-Creepy and a little odd but oddly comfortable and a great movie.My son loves Beetlejuice and I think the couple in this movie sends a good message with the love they have for Lydia.
Parent of a 1, 3, 8, and 10 year old Written byJacobyShaddix32 January 2, 2010

good movie

good movie to see with the older kids
Adult Written bybrennafly April 9, 2008

creative, original movie

I think that this movie should be ages 10 plus. If parents watch this movie with young children they should be ready to censor. (there is 1 f word) I really enjoyed this movie, it's very different from anything else out there. I thought it was very funny and an overall good movie. Be careful of the age of the child though, the characters are scary looking.
Adult Written byBobslob April 9, 2008

Beetle juice is a movie you want to see!

Michael Keeton and his pals have a ball when he comes back to life in this funny movie. He has to teach two other dead people how to act in the afterlife. They end up learning to live with the new people who live in their house and they sing and dance a lot. Im amazed that this movie was made so long ago!