All member reviews for Beetlejuice

Teen, 13 years old Written bymetalhead867 December 30, 2009

scary for younger kids

this movie is great. yes, there are some parts that will scare younger kids, such as a woman ripping off her face and her eyeballs popping out, and beetlejuice turning into a snake and throwing people around the room. yes it does say f***ing, which surprised me because it was a pg movie. if you dont want your child to hear that, cover their ears when beetlejuice kicks over a tree. overall a fun and entertaining movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 November 1, 2009

Funny, original, great for Halloween parties

Another masterpiece by Burton that's 100% un-reapeatable but totally imitatable. Creepy and awesome. Some strong language and the whole theme's pretty dark. Like I said, great for parties, for some reason teen chicks love this type of quirky movie. Watch it!
Teen, 13 years old Written bybthagan48 October 29, 2009

teens

i think it is appropriqate for some ages but it does sa y the f word. and you can hear it!
Kid, 9 years old September 9, 2009

its kinda disgusting and has bad words but i thought it was funny
Kid, 10 years old August 10, 2009

Creepy but fun

Beetlejuice is good but it has some bad words like the S word and F word. It's about two people who died and they meet this dead guy called Beetlejuice because they wanted to get rid of the family that moved in to their house. The people who died are husband and wife and they got Beetlejuice out by saying his name 3 times. But Beetlejuice gives everyone a hard time. You have to watch to find out if they get rid of him - or NOT!
Kid, 9 years old August 8, 2009

Perfect for tweens and up.

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!! It does have mild cursing and parts that could totally freak out young children. Wait untill your 8 years old but when you see it you'll LOVE IT!!!
Kid, 9 years old June 26, 2009

okay?

i used to like it when i was littler but now i hate it. girl rips off her face
Teen, 14 years old Written byfroggurl03 January 17, 2009

Honestly, it was a great movie when I was younger...

and it still is today! I distinctly remember seeing this when I was 6, 7, maybe 8(?), and it didn't bother me. My mom wouldn't let me keep watching it if that were the case. Some kids are better with kind of stuff than others. Geena Davis was one of the first actresses I remember because of this movie. It was my first Tim Burton movie, out of the many I have seen today. Anyway... This movie is a lovely story of a young couple whose lives take an interesting turn, as in they lose them. They soon meet bio-exorcist Beetlejuice, who keeps them on their toes, while a yuppy family tries to move in to their house. Their daughter befriends the couple. All in all it's a really funny movie and if your kids have seen any of Tim Burton's other movies and liked them they will love this. Most of the "inappropriate" jokes will go over their heads, some still go over mine!
Kid, 11 years old December 31, 2008

it can be scary for little kids

it is a great movie. it was pretty funny not to funny.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDante April 9, 2008

Good movie

I like it but not one of the better movies. 10+
Teen, 15 years old Written byTnMovieFan2 April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written bythe girl with t... April 9, 2008

I disagree with willbarchi (can i do that?)

I think that this movie is fine for 9+. He swears once, and ForJouno's slit is intentionally comical. This movieis about dead people, so they obviously had to show some people that are dead, and Tim Burton is just a creative guy. I love this movie, and i really think it is a family film.

horrible movie!

This movie had the f-word in it! It also had other bad words, too. It was also a pretty boring movie. Never, ever rent it or buy it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Entertaining

Beetlejuice is far from my favorite Tim Burton film, but I was entertained by it, and it is endless imaginative and inventive. As far as content goes, Beetlejuice says the f-word, and is fairly sleazy and sometimes curses. Some scenes are probably too scary for kids, and the humor is pretty weird and dark. Good for kids 11+
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

not for young kids

i think this movie was good but lanuge is a bit of a issue.A bit of miner cursing inclods one big curse word the f word. Young kids would find it a bit of afensif.Beetlejuice has some sexual refrence like beetlejuice was called into a whore house and stripers call him in. older kids will laught there heads off.

VERY BAD MOVIE

Evil, it speaks of deamons and dark spirits