All member reviews for Beetlejuice

Early Tim Burton is creepy, dark fun for tweens and teens.

Kid, 12 years old November 11, 2012

This movie is way more than meets the eye

You may remmember watching beetlejuice and remmember it as a fun and entertaining movie. Well luckily it still is, but it may be scarier than you remmember. Violence is the worst! The whole movie revolves around death and how to deal with it. Within the first 20 minutes a woman is shown hanging and rips off her own face, this scared my 9 year old sister so much she could not watch anymore. About 30 seconds later when you think everything is alright you see a woman holding a mans head with a decapitated body nearby. All of these things are played for laughs because they are bad at being ghosts. The most disturbing part of the movie is the constant refference to suicide. A woman points out she would not do what she did if she knew what would happen and wraises her slit wrists. A woman is shown with her throat slit open and many people are seen ripped in half and flat post death. In one sequence a woman licks a mans nose and in another Beetlejuice goes to a whorehouse. If your kids do see it it is not obvious he is going in a whorehouse until a woman out right says he did. There is one use of the f-word but other than that the language is not noticible. This movie is a classic but not for young children.
Kid, 11 years old November 5, 2012

BEETLEJUICE, BEETLEJUICE, BEETLEJUICE!

Love it!! There is an "F bomb" and some creepiness, but nothing a mature 8 year old couldn't handle. The good message is the husband and wife staying together quite literally forever. And I loved Lydia.
Teen, 13 years old Written byK bug October 20, 2012

Common Sense forgot to mention some things.

Its an okay movie. There are a few funny parts but not many. There are a few monster images and of course the main characters are dead but it really not that bad. In the sexual content Common Sense forgot to mention that Bettlejuice took a stick and looked up a womans dress, you dont see anything except the actions and his googly eyes, also he hugs her and i think thouches her. But i am making it sound worse than it is, there is just now other way to explain it. When my sister watches it i go to my room.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 August 28, 2012

beetlejuice

Families can talk about why Lydia was so sad. How did she deal with it, and was her way of coping effective? How do you deal with it when you're sad? Also, what do you think of this bizarre take on the afterlife? What other movie depictions can you think of? Which is the most outlandish?
Kid, 8 years old August 26, 2012

luv

a great halloween movie but not great for young kids.(2-6)
Kid, 12 years old July 19, 2012

ewww

I was watching this with my mom on tv, and it was so iffy that we had to turn it off. It started off with beetle juice trying to look up another man's wife's skirt. He also mad innapropriate comments. Then, he said the F word, and THAT is where we turned it off.
Educator and Parent Written bychristian-witness June 28, 2012

poor

Teen, 13 years old Written byjts1998 June 21, 2012

Funny and Good

i loved it! I am 13 and i watched it when i was babysitting 2 little kids. One was 5 but didn't get scared. There are some jokes that she didn't get, but it would make more sense if you were older
Teen, 15 years old Written bylikestowatchmovies June 13, 2012

good for all ages

i have loved this movie ever since i was 4. any of the sexual content would go right over kids heads and they will spend the time laughing at the funny costumes, sets , and dialouge
Teen, 13 years old Written bySockyChibi<3 May 13, 2012

scary for the little ones

Some scenes might be a bit scary
Kid, 10 years old March 11, 2012

I liked it ALOT!

Yes it is a GREAT movie, also a classic, but watch out if the littler ones watch this.
Kid, 9 years old January 20, 2012

think

very funny
Kid, 11 years old December 28, 2011

Great Movie

This is one of my all-time favorite movies! Even though there is one occurance of the f word, he movie is definatley safe for kids 8 or 9 and up, depending on your child's maturity level. here is some kissing in the biggininig of the movie, and the gothic teen Lydia (Winona Ryder) does mention the word sex, but that is really it. The movie was great.
Kid, 10 years old December 9, 2011

Good

Scary because it show's woman haning her self and pulling her face off!
Kid, 12 years old May 12, 2011

Older kids

There is mild sexy stuff. Mild Language. Mild Violence (people get killed in a car accident) But nothing graphic. Fine for older kids
Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 March 26, 2011

Hillarious Haunted Comedy

Tim Burton's Creepy Comedy delievers more laughs than screams, but a snake verision of Beetlejuice may frighten young children. However almost nothing in the film can be taken too seriously. Beetlejuice briefly says the F- Word "Nice F Model"
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana March 6, 2011

i like this movie!!its kinda funny too
Teen, 16 years old Written byhamstergurl09 November 9, 2010

Very Creepy Humor. This is My Kind of Movie.

Some people may find this movie disturbing. I think it's a good mix of funny and creepy. I first watched it when I was ten and really liked it. My favorite part is the afterlife waiting room. I like that everybody in the room looks the way they did when they died, especially the guy run over by a truck. It's one of those movies where you either love it or hate it, and I'm leaning towards the love side. Give it a try, maybe you'll love it, too.
Parent of a 14 year old Written bysecx November 2, 2010

shivering moments of a crazed movie

:D i saw it an i shiverd
Kid, 8 years old October 24, 2010

I did not hear any instance of the F word. But ill go for thinking it has it. I saw it last night and it was AWESOME. Barbara and Adam are REALLY GOOD people, but they fall down the edge of a building (i have no idea what it is) and into the water. A women smokes out of her throat/neck.