All member reviews for Beetlejuice

Early Tim Burton is creepy, dark fun for tweens and teens.

Kid, 10 years old March 2, 2014

I enjoyed it, but.

I enjoyed this film, it has it's comical bits. A bit in the movie creeped me out though, that was the bit where the couple open the wardrobe to find a hanging body, the body rips off her face and lets out a horrible scream. Now, I can tell that was comical and done for laughs, but it was pretty creepy.
Teen, 15 years old Written byThePlatinumKnight February 12, 2014

shouldnt be PG

I don't now. Last time I checked Fu*k isn't a PG word, maybe I'm wrong, but for PG, gore and language seemed rather strong for PG, it sure was a good movie, just not all that appropriate for all kids.
Kid, 9 years old January 12, 2014

Beetlejuice

Teen, 13 years old Written bygeeky freek December 7, 2013

Creepy but not scary

Kid, 9 years old November 14, 2013

BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE

BEETLEJUICE is a great movie! I think kids 7 years and up would like this movie even though it has a little bit of violence(the violence is a woman ripping of her face,people crumbling up and almost dying a second time,ect). There is one scene I think little kids would be disturbed by, the scene is when BEETLEJUICE turns into a snake and almost kills two men. Another thing in BEETLEJUICE is the language, some things BEETLEJUICE said were F*ck, S*it, H*ll,and D*mn.Overall the movie is epic, awesome,cool,and funny!
Adult Written byBringBackCleanMovies October 21, 2013

This is NOT a PG Movie

This is one of my all time favorite movies, but really nobody under 18 or older should see this. There is a reference to suicide with the receptionist, Juno the case worker is a heavy smoker with her throat slashed. the daughter Lydia wants to commit suicide, and beetlejuice is very perverted, gross and crass. He has a foul mouth and is self proclaimed murderer in the name of pest removal. Not a good movie for any kid.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMitchell Charleston July 22, 2013

I bought on DVD when I was a kid. I loved it.

Sorry I haven't written a review lately, I've been very busy lately. Anyways, I have the DVD. I LOVE this movie. It is very exciting. It is a very fun movie to watch. Likeable characters too.
Kid, 11 years old June 28, 2013

worth the time, it is a classic

This movie may scare younger kids at some parts. You should know that it is very super natural and should only be seen if the child knows it is not real. There is one scene where where Beetlejuice sees a stripper place and you see woman in underwear but you do not see inside. The F-word is used once by Beetlejuice but not much more language. You see one person smoking and people drinking at a dinner party. Their death is not bad at all, you don't see anything except a car falling into a river.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEmma80slover June 26, 2013

Great movie

Funny and creepy movie!!! I love it!!! Plenty of cursing though, including one f-bomb, and some mild sexual stuff. Nothing too bad!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymiles12345677A. June 23, 2013

great, but NOT 9+

funny and cool effects
Teen, 13 years old Written byRegularSpartan June 20, 2013

Say His Name 3 Times!

This movie is okay, I think kids 9 and up who can handle the "F" Word will enjoy, there is little violence, but there is some stuff that could scare little kids (Beetlejuice as a snake, Barbara ripping off her face, etc) Two ghosts moan and a girl thinks her parents are having sex, there is smoking all through out, the depictions of death are really funny, I don't see anything wrong with having a kid aged 9 seeing this, it's an awesome movie!
Kid, 11 years old March 8, 2013

BeetleJuice Movie

Great movie, just some dark humor. Great for halloween nights! VIOLENCE: 6/10. A woman is shown holding a bloody knife. A man stretches his face, so it looks like he has a beak. A woman sucks in her eyeballs and then rolls them onto the tip of her tongue. (Mild gore, but cheesy.) A car crashes and lands in a lake, some peril. A woman is shown sawn in half, no blood, slightly cheesy and animated. A person is shown dead, shriveled and gray because they smoke to much. (Slightly graphic.) Two people are attacked by a giant sand worm in the desert, although no one is hurt. One jump scene at a dinner party will scare people age 11 and under. Beetlejuice turns into a giant striped snake, which is very scary for tweens and under. A character is eaten by a giant sand worm. Other dead people are shown throughout, along with pervasive black humor. SEX: 4/10. References, and Beetlejuic strokes a dead female's hip. Also, Beetlejuice enters a wh*rehouse, but that will pass over younger kid's heads. (They should not notice it.) LANGUAGE: 5/10. D*mn, h*ll, and one f*ck. Average PG-13 profanity. DRINKING/DRUGS/SMOKING: 4/10. Some references to smoking, and people drink martinis at a dinner party/smoke. RATED PG-13: FOR PERVASIVE BLACK HUMOR, SOME COMIC HORROR VIOLENCE/MILD GORE, LANGUAGE, SMOKING, AND SEXUAL CONTENT. Overall, a very good mild horror-comedy-fantasy for tweens and up!
Kid, 12 years old November 11, 2012

This movie is way more than meets the eye

You may remmember watching beetlejuice and remmember it as a fun and entertaining movie. Well luckily it still is, but it may be scarier than you remmember. Violence is the worst! The whole movie revolves around death and how to deal with it. Within the first 20 minutes a woman is shown hanging and rips off her own face, this scared my 9 year old sister so much she could not watch anymore. About 30 seconds later when you think everything is alright you see a woman holding a mans head with a decapitated body nearby. All of these things are played for laughs because they are bad at being ghosts. The most disturbing part of the movie is the constant refference to suicide. A woman points out she would not do what she did if she knew what would happen and wraises her slit wrists. A woman is shown with her throat slit open and many people are seen ripped in half and flat post death. In one sequence a woman licks a mans nose and in another Beetlejuice goes to a whorehouse. If your kids do see it it is not obvious he is going in a whorehouse until a woman out right says he did. There is one use of the f-word but other than that the language is not noticible. This movie is a classic but not for young children.
Kid, 11 years old November 5, 2012

BEETLEJUICE, BEETLEJUICE, BEETLEJUICE!

Love it!! There is an "F bomb" and some creepiness, but nothing a mature 8 year old couldn't handle. The good message is the husband and wife staying together quite literally forever. And I loved Lydia.
Teen, 13 years old Written byK bug October 20, 2012

Common Sense forgot to mention some things.

Its an okay movie. There are a few funny parts but not many. There are a few monster images and of course the main characters are dead but it really not that bad. In the sexual content Common Sense forgot to mention that Bettlejuice took a stick and looked up a womans dress, you dont see anything except the actions and his googly eyes, also he hugs her and i think thouches her. But i am making it sound worse than it is, there is just now other way to explain it. When my sister watches it i go to my room.
Kid, 8 years old August 26, 2012

luv

a great halloween movie but not great for young kids.(2-6)
Educator and Parent Written bychristian-witness June 28, 2012

poor

Teen, 13 years old Written byjts1998 June 21, 2012

Funny and Good

i loved it! I am 13 and i watched it when i was babysitting 2 little kids. One was 5 but didn't get scared. There are some jokes that she didn't get, but it would make more sense if you were older
Teen, 15 years old Written bylikestowatchmovies June 13, 2012

good for all ages

i have loved this movie ever since i was 4. any of the sexual content would go right over kids heads and they will spend the time laughing at the funny costumes, sets , and dialouge
Teen, 13 years old Written bySockyChibi<3 May 13, 2012

scary for the little ones

Some scenes might be a bit scary