All member reviews for Beetlejuice

Early Tim Burton is creepy, dark fun for tweens and teens.

Kid, 12 years old July 19, 2012

ewww

I was watching this with my mom on tv, and it was so iffy that we had to turn it off. It started off with beetle juice trying to look up another man's wife's skirt. He also mad innapropriate comments. Then, he said the F word, and THAT is where we turned it off.
Educator and Parent Written bychristian-witness June 28, 2012

poor

Teen, 13 years old Written byjts1998 June 21, 2012

Funny and Good

i loved it! I am 13 and i watched it when i was babysitting 2 little kids. One was 5 but didn't get scared. There are some jokes that she didn't get, but it would make more sense if you were older
Teen, 15 years old Written bylikestowatchmovies June 13, 2012

good for all ages

i have loved this movie ever since i was 4. any of the sexual content would go right over kids heads and they will spend the time laughing at the funny costumes, sets , and dialouge
Teen, 13 years old Written bySockyChibi<3 May 13, 2012

scary for the little ones

Some scenes might be a bit scary
Teen, 13 years old Written byDoctor Who Lover March 13, 2012

Great Comedic Horror Film

Beetlejuice is a fantastic movie. Everyone should see it at some point. It gets kinda gross once Barbara and Adam first try to scare away the newcomers, but that's not any more scary than what's being made today. Iffy for ages 8 and under. Overall fantastic movie. One of Burton's best.
Kid, 10 years old March 11, 2012

I liked it ALOT!

Yes it is a GREAT movie, also a classic, but watch out if the littler ones watch this.
Kid, 9 years old January 20, 2012

think

very funny
Kid, 11 years old December 28, 2011

Great Movie

This is one of my all-time favorite movies! Even though there is one occurance of the f word, he movie is definatley safe for kids 8 or 9 and up, depending on your child's maturity level. here is some kissing in the biggininig of the movie, and the gothic teen Lydia (Winona Ryder) does mention the word sex, but that is really it. The movie was great.
Kid, 10 years old December 9, 2011

Good

Scary because it show's woman haning her self and pulling her face off!
Kid, 12 years old May 12, 2011

Older kids

There is mild sexy stuff. Mild Language. Mild Violence (people get killed in a car accident) But nothing graphic. Fine for older kids
Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 March 26, 2011

Hillarious Haunted Comedy

Tim Burton's Creepy Comedy delievers more laughs than screams, but a snake verision of Beetlejuice may frighten young children. However almost nothing in the film can be taken too seriously. Beetlejuice briefly says the F- Word "Nice F Model"
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana March 6, 2011

i like this movie!!its kinda funny too
Teen, 16 years old Written byhamstergurl09 November 9, 2010

Very Creepy Humor. This is My Kind of Movie.

Some people may find this movie disturbing. I think it's a good mix of funny and creepy. I first watched it when I was ten and really liked it. My favorite part is the afterlife waiting room. I like that everybody in the room looks the way they did when they died, especially the guy run over by a truck. It's one of those movies where you either love it or hate it, and I'm leaning towards the love side. Give it a try, maybe you'll love it, too.
Adult Written byshanny88 November 2, 2010

I hadn;t seen this movie in years, so I really had forgotten a lot of it. I checked here and saw it was for 9+ and I can't disagree more. There was too much foul language: many h*lls, dams, Sh*ts, and the "F&amp;" word really troubled me. There was also a bit of sexual innuendo, which was not appropriate for the under teen set. My son and his friend watched it and they are both 9. I would not have picked this movie had I remembered more of the content. Other than that, they loved the movie and it is a classic. Just wished I waited a couple more years for them to see it.
Parent of a 14 year old Written bysecx November 2, 2010

shivering moments of a crazed movie

:D i saw it an i shiverd
Kid, 8 years old October 24, 2010

I did not hear any instance of the F word. But ill go for thinking it has it. I saw it last night and it was AWESOME. Barbara and Adam are REALLY GOOD people, but they fall down the edge of a building (i have no idea what it is) and into the water. A women smokes out of her throat/neck.
Kid, 11 years old October 9, 2010

great movie.

why did you guys rate this on for ages 9+? just the fact that Betelgeuse yelled "nice --- model!" and held his croch should be reason enough that this movie is not for little kids. plus, the utter creepiness and darkness, not to mention the teen's suicidal agenda, will not apeal to kids. ah, who am I kidding? this movie is colorful, imaginative, intriuging, funny, not to mention the ending. JUST AWESOME! But, on for 13, iffy for 10, off for 8.
Parent of a 2, 3, and 8 year old Written byMom0f4Blessings September 15, 2010

Not For Tiny Tots

This movie does have the f word-once, but it is still there so I wouldn't let little ones watch it.It is classic Tim Burton-Creepy and a little odd but oddly comfortable and a great movie.My son loves Beetlejuice and I think the couple in this movie sends a good message with the love they have for Lydia.
Kid, 11 years old August 23, 2010

the sex stuff is beetle juice kisses her boobs and shows bare boobs bad for 9 year olds