Early Tim Burton is creepy, dark fun for tweens and teens.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEller5 February 12, 2016

A slightly dark movie for teens

This movie is an interesting family movie night pick for families with tweens or teens. It is sometimes scary, and one of the characters thinks about committing suicide. There is some swearing and one if the characters is entranced by a female strip club and the ladies there. There is many scenes with characters smoking, and a few with drinking, and some groping and trying to peek up skirts from one character. Some stuff will go over younger kids' heads, but I would advise waiting until they are a bit older to show this film.
Adult Written byTheoDoyp January 21, 2016

BeetleJuice REVIEW

I like most of Tim burtons films. They are quirky and outrageous at times. This film doesn't let up. We have some serious themes, death (including teen suicide) and some creepy images that little kids wouldn't find too great. There is some light swearing and even one unexpected "f--k". But it's a weird but pretty good film thats lots of fun and definitely worth watching if you love any more films by Burton and like his style.
Educator and Parent Written bykrystenleep January 15, 2016

Dirty humor, not for children.

A LOT of swear words, heavy on the sexual humor, many (MANY) references to suicide, general scary "halloween-ish" images leaning far over the line into adult humor. I wouldn't recommend this movie to any family with children younger than 15 or a very mature 14.
Kid, 12 years old December 31, 2015

Lots of swearing

This movie has the "F" word, the "S" word, the "B" word, and many more. Most of them are said under his breath so you can't really hear them.
Parent of a 2, 10, and 12 year old Written byRuth Wilson December 5, 2015

Beetlejuice is a pervert. Lydia is suicidal. Someone invited sir Cuss-A-Lot to help plan the script. Way innapropriate.
Kid, 10 years old October 23, 2015

Tim Burton classic!

Beetlejuice is somewhat funny, and very enjoyable. There is a f-word, but it is hard to understand. Also known language, sh*t and goddamn. The ways the couple tries to scare the house owners have disturbing images, and a waiting room is filled with dead people, but it is more funny than scary. Mild sexual stuff, the couple is chased by a giant worm, but the effects are not very good. Plenty of smoking.
Adult Written bymatthewc October 19, 2015

A little edgy for a child, but good for teens and adults

While "Beetlejuice" is often considered family horror it is questionable whether or not it should be for younger viewers. If we dissect the film we find a plot about a Connecticut couple who become ghosts and enlist a bio-exorcist to get rid of a couple who are living in their home. But through out the movie there is a lot of sexual references and innuendos most of it will go over kids heads but some kids will catch it right away. Also Betelguese expresses desire for Lidia which is consider inappropriate because she's a teenager. The violence is at times frightening but it is mostly played for laughs. The biggest problem is the MPAA went easy on this film and slapped a PG on so it'd drawn a bigger crowd because PG-13 films are often seen as a small market in the film industry. It should be PG-13 For Comic Horror Violence, Some Innuendo and Sexual References. I still stand by my standards and say it's most appropriate for 13+
Parent Written bysimmom October 5, 2015

Not What I Remembered

I thought this would be fun for me and the kids to watch because I just thought it was funny and goofy. True, some of the parts of the movie are funny and silly. However, I did not remember the lewdness contained in this movie nor did I recall the foul language. He makes horrible gestures, which I did not appreciate, but when he said the "f" word, that was enough for me. I googled the reviews and discovered the movie contained lots more bad language. So, we turned the movie off. I cannot believe this was just rated PG.
Adult Written byaidans1 August 7, 2015
Some mild violence and a couple of damns and a f word
Kid, 8 years old July 13, 2015

Pretty gross,cheesy old horror flick is pretty funny.

My rating:PG-13 for terror,brief strong language,and bloody images.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHarper Sharpe June 8, 2015

FUNNY AND SCARY

It's a great movie simulating what it is like to be ghosts. With a 8 year old brother I would definitely let him watch it. There is some minor sexual content including speech and kissing. The character beetlejuice is very funny but in some cases scary. Depending on what kind of kid is watching this in can be scary or a very bad case of animating. There is also minor voilence
Teen, 15 years old Written byKids Media USA May 17, 2015

Not to miss

Red light for kids 2-9, yellow light for 10-11, green light for 12+. Cool movie; but I think age 9 is too early to see this movie because of a use of the "F" word and a mentioning of a st--p cl-b. Love it or hate it!
Parent Written byranas April 10, 2015

Too gory and sexual for kids under 13

Lots of gory visuals (it's a world about death, main characters are ghosts). Beetlejuice is a major pervert, regularly groping girls, grabbing his crotch, etc. Plus uses the F word!! Awful for young kids.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byDolphincat March 22, 2015

Beetlejuice

A bit sexual and a bit of language, and a bit scary for young children very funny
Parent of a 10 year old Written byzareta January 10, 2015

Amazing

I'm 10 and i thought the movie was amazing. But it's also a little scary, it gave me a nightmare that i was dead and came back to life and had a hard time "living". I suggest you watch it with a parent but nothing else is really that scary. It's an old movie so you can tell everything is fake and are things are made out of clay. I suggest you watch it
Kid, 9 years old December 7, 2014

Good but creppy

Kids might get scared in this PG movie. It might not be the genre horror but it's scary
Kid, 12 years old October 27, 2014

For tweens, not kids.

Lots of violence, scariness, inuendo, and swearing. Some (humorously) scary scenes. There is one jump-scare near the beggining (once you see a dead woman in a closet). Some blood. Lots of swearing and one f-bomb.
Kid, 10 years old August 13, 2014

Classic Tim Burton fun

I have to say, AMAZING FILM! but this film is a bit iffy for language and frightening scenes. Then again, If your kids are not as timid as other children then it will be fine ( just make sure kid isn't afraid of a giant, ghostly snake trying to kill people then you'll be fine). So, I don't have to say much more about this film, except that it's brutally wild and iv'e never described a film like that before, so just make sure you'll notice a bunch of ghouls and demons and I hope you enjoy!
Kid, 10 years old June 13, 2014

brilliant show

Very good Tim Burton twist to the story. Some bad language though but no really scary scenes.
Kid, 10 years old March 2, 2014

I enjoyed it, but.

I enjoyed this film, it has it's comical bits. A bit in the movie creeped me out though, that was the bit where the couple open the wardrobe to find a hanging body, the body rips off her face and lets out a horrible scream. Now, I can tell that was comical and done for laughs, but it was pretty creepy.