All member reviews for Being Elmo

Inspiring docu about the man behind the Muppet superstar.

Parent Written byTaxemm April 6, 2012

Elmo loves you!

We just caught this airing on PBS last night quite accidently and were enthralled! I watched it with my 7.5 and 12 year old and it was very well done and informative. I grew up in the 70s and fondly remember Sesame Street. My girls both watched Elmo's World on Sesame Street and we had many videos of just his show. Kevin Clash is heartwarming and a pleasure to watch
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviefan115 March 17, 2012

A really inspiring documentary!

I always have loved Elmo, and I was so happy to find out that its puppeter had parents who helped him follow his dream. I really love this!
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written byMattmchugh March 29, 2012

Perfect film for kids who have left the "Sesame" years

If you have kids -- say 7 and up -- that are beyond the age of "Sesame Street," this movie a perfect bridge in that it recalls childhood memories, and show how adults create environments that nurture children. Part of the pain of growing up is leaving behind things you loved. This movie says you don't have to, that you can take deeper joy in sharing those things with the next generation. I'm speaking as an adult interpreting this film. Kids will just find it engrossing. Every kid who watches this will want to be a puppeteer, at least for a day. And Kevin Clash -- an African-American from a working class background -- comes off as the sweetest human being on the planet. He is undoubtedly a very talented artist who works incredibly hard, but this movie almost makes it seem like his phenomenal success stems mostly from the fact he never lost his sense of joy and wonder. Not a bad message for anybody at any age. I highly recommend this.
Kid, 8 years old August 18, 2012

Launguage!

Being Elmo was a very good Documentary. I don't think anything would concern parents of young kids except for some brief using of the "D" word.But in the end this movie heartwarming and might even set your kids to making puppets or "Muppets"
Kid, 11 years old August 2, 2012

amazing movie, not about elmo

This is a great movie, very inspiring. It might be a bit boring for kids under 10, especially those who associate it with Elmo. Not about Elmo at all though, mostly about an the incredible story of the puppeteer BEHIND Elmo.
Kid, 10 years old March 10, 2013

My Review of Being Elmo

Being Elmo Is A Documentary About Kevin Clash,The Man Who Operates Elmo On The Great Show,Sesame Street.I Wanted To See This Film For 2 Reasons.1.I Like Puppets And Sesame Street.2.In The Trailer It Mentioned Jim Henson.I Did A Report on Him In Third Grade. This Film Is Moving,And I Enjoyed Hearing about His Journey To Meet Jim. He And Elmo Are Really Good Role Models,But In The Beginning Of This Movie,It Shows Elmo Doing All of this Bad Stuff.Some people Might Miss It,But I Remember It.Some Product Placement (Because The Movie Is About Elmo,Kevin Clash,And Sesame Street). And A Brief Drug Reference, But This Moving Picture Is A Great Movie,For Any Age.