All member reviews for Being There

Parent Written byimprove April 4, 2012

A glimpse at the truth??

This is one of my all time favorite stories, and I am glad a film was made from it. This movie depicts how people, through their own choices, misinterpret the acts and utterances of a very simple man. It just so happens that in this story, the believing people have a lot of political clout, causing the simple man to become a prominent figure in national politics. There is no reason to believe this kind of thing does not happen on a regular basis, and it is a good step from which to launch the idea that you must really think about what any leader is saying, if it makes sense, and if it will ultimately serve our community.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySgt.Pepper March 22, 2011

It's really quite a good movie! If you're young, and have heard bad language before, it's not an issue. The only scene that is a little iffy, is when Chance is in the bedroom and Eve is on the floor. Chance is watching TV, but Eve is, well, doing something else. You don't see anything, you just hear her. But, it's not something a kid would recognize. Great movie! Sometimes you feel bad for Chance... but it's actually funny too!