Hilarious and offbeat, but humor is pretty grownup.

Teen, 13 years old Written byluvpink December 26, 2011

Awful! I watched five minutes not even and had to turn it off since it was too dirty!
Teen, 15 years old Written bydrummerchick21 February 21, 2010

Great for 12 and up

This is one of the best movies ever made. Hilarious characters and plot line. It may be offensive to homophobics, but they live under a rock anyway.
Adult Written bytomp April 9, 2008

Great movie for adults

Too sophisticated for kids. The movie mocks all kinds of human foibles. It takes maturity beyond mid-teens to understand that the humor is directed at all of us, not the particular types -- gay, handicapped, repressed, southern, old, yuppie -- portrayed.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymeganargetlam April 9, 2008

You said...

"Positive portrayal of gay characters" is iffy. I don't see what is wrong with this. Social behavior may be iffy for other reasons, but for positive portrayal of gays? I don't believe that that is a bad thing. The movie isn't good for kids, but not because of the gays.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 August 29, 2012

best show

Families can talk about why the awards are so important to the dog owners. Who sets up the standards for judging these dogs, and why? Talk about the way the different couples communicate and resolve differences with each other. Which ways are healthiest? Can you tell anything about a character by his or her choice of dog?
Adult Written bytheturners February 5, 2012

NOT for family viewing

We thought this would be a funny movie to watch as a family. Our son is 13 and we find most PG13 movies fine for us to view as a family. Not this one. We were appalled when the opening scene had a couple talking to their analyst about having sex in front of their dog. We tried to watch the first ten minutes of the film and it was nothing but snippets of crude introductions to various dysfunctional couples with lots of sexual inferences, including a shot of costumed gay couple with a guy spanking his partner's bare butt. These scenes were intended to be funny but we just thought it was awful and turned the movie off. I bought this from a store's clearance bin for $5 and it's now going into the garbage.
Adult Written byOfficionada July 29, 2010

Hilarious for mid teens up

One to watch with the kids - my 15 year olds love it! They are always quoting from it (as am I). We discuss the language and sexual references but there are no real issues for me. Great movie
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008
Hilarious! Good for kids 13+
Parent of a 14 year old Written byNiknicIN October 8, 2016

PG-13 in this case means 15+

I love this show, but I am an adult. I should have looked here first, but I took the PG-13 to mean it would be acceptable for my 14 year old. It was uncomfortable and the sexual innuendo wasn't really innuendo, it was very graphic verbal images. I would be fine if my son was an older teenager, but 13-14 is way too young for this in my opinion.
Kid, 11 years old March 21, 2014

And the winner is best in show!

This is a great movie. It is an absolutely hilarious movie fit for most ages of people who love dogs and comedy's.
Kid, 9 years old August 30, 2013

Not good

Not very good
Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 February 27, 2010

Funny mockumentary

I haven't seen many mockumentarys (like "Borat" or "District 9") but I do watch "The Office" regurlarly so I know when they're making fun of something, sort of satire like "Tropic Thunder." I'm glad to say it was very funny, and I recently saw a real dog show on TV, and their impressions of the eccentric trainers were spot-on!
Adult Written bymoviemadness April 5, 2009

Excellent, Hilarious Mocumentary

Best In Show is HILARIOUS, but not appropriate or understandable for kids under 15 or 16. There are several inappropriate sexual references (an awkward discussion of a couple's sex life)(a married woman who meets several ex-boyfriends who make sexual comments about her, making her husband very uncomfortable) (several french kisses between straight and same-sex couples). Role models are iffy. Some are good and sweet, while others are neurotic and unkind. The humor is excellent for those old enough to appreciate it. Best for mature teenagers and adults.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTrinity3 March 21, 2009

pure flippin hilarity

I cant lie-this movies one of the funniest ive ever seen! but the portrayal of gay characters is a little excessive. not too bad with the language though.
Adult Written bymike600 April 9, 2008

Funny for pre teens 12+

Very funny, hilarious, worth it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byethandavid26 April 9, 2008