All member reviews for Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2

Entertaining doggy adventure sequel with positive messages.

Adult Written byChilliwack Mom February 13, 2011
Great storyline, for a movie about talking dogs. My 8 and 10 year old and I laughed a lot during this movie. Strong messages about the value of family and how when everyone works together the family becomes stronger. One scary part when the German Shepherd makes reference to having to leave Mexico because some very bad dogs had threatened to kill his 2 puppy sons.
Kid, 11 years old March 26, 2011

It's Ok Don't waste your time

I think the first Beverley Hilis Chihhhaua is way better. Don't waste your time watching this! If you like the first one and you are suspecting the second to be great IT ISN'T.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTacoBall March 6, 2011

Fun, tame movie for dog-loving kids

I think this movie is fine for dog-loving preschoolers and up. The Chihuahuas are adorable, even though the puppies can be a little sassy to their parents! There is hardly any bad language, although there are a couple of scenes that might scare sensitive kids (when the puppies are kidnapped by the robbers, and when the bad dogs threaten to kill Delgado's puppies). Overall, an exciting adventure with familiar but positive messages.
Kid, 10 years old September 2, 2013

love it!

I think its good and the #1 movie!
Parent Written byMarissa López November 2, 2013

Racist, homophobic garbage

Sure, let your kids watch this if you want to promote cultural stereotypes about African Americans, Mexicans, the working poor and gay people. Words cannot do justice to this appallingly offensive film: Papi the chihuahua's old neighborhood is "colorful" says his (literally) white wife; the story is interspersed with Papi's cliched and inaccurate fables of Aztec life … I can't go on … I'm embarrassed I let my children watch this, but, well, how do you explain cultural consumerism and the privileged position of the Anglo eye to a 7 and a 3 year old?
Kid, 11 years old June 9, 2011

Pretty good

OK, these people are a little too tough. This movie is perfect for everyone. My 7 year old sister watched it, and she loved it. I'm a 12 ear old MTV watching kid and I loved it! So, lighten up!
Kid, 9 years old April 4, 2011

good movie and silly

this id a fine movie. I think that could do better but it was a good movie. Oh and i love the song at the end end.
Kid, 9 years old March 30, 2011

2 + 4 = 6

Watch this it is cute.To me I don't think this is inappropriate movie.Its great great.This is a GOOD MOVIE TO WATCH.
Teen, 14 years old Written bystripesanddots March 12, 2011
I thought it started out a little slow, but by the end I loved it! There are great messages about family values and helping each other out.
Kid, 10 years old May 18, 2016

cool

this is great movie
Parent Written bydogslover101 February 11, 2012

Beverly Hills Chihuahua

I love this movie I have it on DVD and I watch it all the time those who havnt seen it well u need 2:)
Parent Written byemadeva January 16, 2012

Very funny and entertaining film

I and our 2 children (6 & 9 years old) just finished watching this very funny film and we really loved it. The story was cute and love that messages about how import the family is. In fact, we liked it more then the first film of this series. We hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Kid, 12 years old December 17, 2011

unbelievable!!!

I don't get it. This is a Disney movie, It's rated G, and they throw around the French word for d--n. That is sick!!! I think Appoline is a stereotype kinda.
Kid, 11 years old May 5, 2011
this movie was awful! very very cheesy and unrealistic. i wanted to put it on mute the whole time! i think it might be good for ages 3-6, but any older and its just pathetic, even my 7 year old sister was rolling her eyes at this one ...
Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written byCourtneydes March 25, 2011

Great for young elementary

Great for my 4 and 7 year old girls who are terrified of most Disney movies. I felt even the insults (peasants and idiot) were OK because it was with a French accent and you could not really understand it. The flashback scenes of the bank robbery and the warriors was a bit concerning but as long as you are watching it with the kids, it is ok. It is far less scary then most other movies for this age (mostly Barbie) and the scary scene lasted for a few seconds. Great role models and not annoying for parents to watch (like Dora!).
Kid, 11 years old March 12, 2011
Horrible movie, it was so boring.
Kid, 11 years old March 7, 2011

cute!!!

great entertaining, funny movie perfect for he whole family!!
Kid, 7 years old February 22, 2011