All member reviews for Beverly Hills Chihuahua

Upbeat talking-animal adventure is fun for kids.

Kid, 11 years old August 23, 2010

Amazing, I love it!

Cute family movie that everyone will want to watch but it is a bit scary at times.
Kid, 11 years old January 24, 2011
Some parts were scary and some parts were touching. The movie was okay.
Kid, 11 years old August 22, 2010

A great family film!

This was a really fun movie. I think it is perfect for almost any age. But, there is some dog kissing and flirting and two human characters fall in love too, but it is not that obvious. There is also some very mild violence. All dog lovers should watch this movie. Although, you need to know some Spanish to get part of the movie.
Parent Written bySinfoniarc August 5, 2010

Viva La Papi and Chloe!

This is a great movie. It's very funny and kids and adults of most any age will find it humorous. There's no bad language or real violence in the movie. I only had two concerns about the movie: 1) Jamie Lee Curtis's niece behaves VERY irresponsibly mostly because she's a spoiled brat and an airhead. She's selfish and only thoughtful when she realizes that her aunt is going to kill her once she finds out that she (the niece) has lost her prized Chihuahua. 2) The dog fight scene is kinda scary and some kids who love dogs may have issues with that. While those sorts of things are illegal in the U.S. (just ask Michael Vick), it shows that not other countries subscribe to the same values as Americans. If your children are animal lovers, I would preview that scene before showing it to them. There's no blood or real violence (as stated above), but Chloe (Drew Barrymore) fighting a Doberman Pincher ("Diablo", as voiced by the great Edward James Olmos) is kinda scary. George Lopez, Cheech Marin, Drew Barrymore, Andy Garcia, and many more star in this hilarious movie of misadventure.
Teen, 16 years old Written byabbacus May 23, 2012

Kids will love this movie!

Good family movie. No iffy content that I can think of besides a little peril.
Kid, 11 years old January 2, 2012

ok movie

it is not a good movie. i had my youngest girl to see it when she was 6. i hated it and so did she. and you will probably hate it too.
Kid, 12 years old November 19, 2011

Fine

Chloe also mentions that she is wearing Chanel No 5.
Kid, 9 years old March 20, 2011

dogs love them

THIS MOVIE IS CUTE.PA PI LOVES CLOCHE.
Parent of a 6 year old Written byUSMEagles June 3, 2010
We loved this movie and thought it was really comical. The only complaint I have is some of the sexual undertones but I think adults catch them more than kids. These movies I think are made to appeal to parents as well as the kids so sometimes these one liners are thrown in and most younger kids miss them.
Parent of a 9, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 16 year old Written bycabbe July 13, 2009

Cute Movie!!!!!!!!!!!

My children love this movie. I took my 9 year old twins and they loved it. The dogs were so cute and there was no cussing!
Adult Written bywonder dove May 10, 2009

Totally cute dog fun for all.

This movie is adorable. Kids and tweens especially will love this movie. The only thing that bugged me was the whole idea of using dogs as accessories, carrying them around in handbags and such, like Paris Hilton for example. It gives kids the wrong idea. Other than that, the movie is packed with action and lots of laughs. The fight scene may scare a few..it was unnecessary to add that in I think. But the story gives a good message about friendship. Watch this with the youngsters and just have fun.
Adult Written byDr.Pepper November 8, 2010
Some tense fights might be scary for little kids. Also if your kid is scared of big dogs, this may not be the best movie for them due to a threatening villian. Also a dog mentions that she wants a mate who hasn't been fixed, but that is likely to fly over a little kids head.
Parent of a 3, 7, and 10 year old Written bykbttexas@yahoo.com January 24, 2009

It was Awesome!

It was great! It had action and I thought it had a great storyline.
Adult Written byparentsin2003 November 8, 2008

Not appropriate for tender-hearted children

My 5 year old was very scared of this movie. We made it only 25 minutes into the show before asking for our money back. He cried in the theatre because he was terrified at the dog fighting scene. Especially since the thought of the chihuahua being lost was enought to scare him. We have seen other movies but this was the scariest of all.
Parent of a 2, 4, and 11 year old Written byKat F March 12, 2015

My review - Beverly Hills Chihuahua

My children loved the movie the only part I did not like was when the dogs were at a party and the song whoop badass comes on and it says badass. That's the only bad part I have with the movie but the rest I like.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byspanora January 25, 2010

Cute

There are some good messages being sent regarding overcoming disappointments, standing by your friends and helping out someone in danger. My son loves it and its nice to find another movie without guns to watch
Teen, 13 years old Written byAuddrey. November 23, 2009

Cute;)

i like it:) it was really funny. good for all ages.
Kid, 10 years old October 7, 2009

Perfect movie!

cute and clever! every one will cheer, even parents!
Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2009

REALLY OFFENSIVE TO DOG LOVERS

Ok .so the humor was funny, but the whole dog fight thing was absolutely not acceptable to be put in a movie that is geared toward little kids. And it made me want to cry because I love dogs. Plus it's illegal. So don't watch this if you love dogs.
Adult Written bydrpurr March 25, 2009

The dog fight scene can be very scary for kids

Both my kids were terrified of the dog fight scene. They begged me to turn it off and ran out of the room. (My kids are 8 and 6) I probably would not have bought the movie if I had known about that scene.