So-so romantic comedy; only somewhat clever.

blech

ya know this movie is pretty clean and most kids will be able to see it but really, why bother? this movie kinda got me mad because its a real waste of talent. i mean this movie has great actors like steve carrel and will feral and omg micheal cane! thats an amazing cast! unfortunately the cast is the only good thing about it. its very slow and the plot is retarded. the jokes are pretty corny and the whole thing is just pretty boring! its the kind of movie that you only wanna watch if there is nothing else on so yah its ok for like 10 and up but just dont waste your money please!
Adult Written bymamma2jpc April 9, 2008

Great date movie!

My husband and I went to see this on a date. I loved it and he liked it. We both laughed a ton. I thought it was charming. I will be buying the DVD.
Teen, 15 years old Written bypurplecatroo April 9, 2008

Cute and Charming

I saw this movie with my twelve year old cousin and i found it surprisingly cute. Good acting on both Nicole Kidman and Will Ferrells part. Nothing overly excellent but if I found this at Walmart for ten bucks I would buy it. Also despite a few unnecessary sex jokes i found this film quite tame. I woulld be uncomfortablewatching it with my ten year old brother but fine for anyone over eleven or tweleve.
Adult Written bylisamarshall April 9, 2008

Skip it!

Nichole Kidman is a dead ringer for the original Bewitched Elizabeth Montgomery. She is adorable (how do they make her look so young?) Unfortunately, they gave her a really dippy part. They play her as a niave, codependant, dumb blond who is just entering the "mortal" world and has much to learn. She longs to find a man who is terribly scattered and who "needs her." Will Farrel is good at playing silly parts (not funny, just silly). His charactor is simple minded, self centered and goes out of his way to get adulation, not to mention, newly divorced. Why any girl would fall for him is beyond me. This film is dumb, but in my opinion, not harmless. True, there are no big sex scenes and no violence. However, I feel that as parents, allowing our kids to watch films where people make grossly unwise decisions about life parters, and are glorified for it, is just a damaging, if not more. It's a shame they let Nichole Kidman and the wonderful, intelligent, witty, charactor of Samantha go to waste. I wish they could remake the remake.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bydramaqueen@hotm... April 14, 2013

never watched the tv show but i liked the movie.

i never really watched the tv show but the movie was pretty good . it wasn't bad.
Kid, 12 years old November 29, 2010
some sexual content, the only profanity i heard were d*ck and p*ssy and... yeah
Teen, 14 years old Written byswimgirl April 9, 2008

Boring...

I thought this would be an interesting movie but it was very boring and the plot didn't seem to go anywhere. Please help me understand if you liked this movie!!!
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008
Adult Written byjk320 April 9, 2008

Bewitched By Bewitched

Iam a huge fan of the series Bewitched witch is totally appropriate for every age and although the movie has some questionable language it pays a lot of homagw to the original in a great way. The clips from the show are not commercial in any way, they make people interested in the wonderful show and create the back drop for what the basic plot of the movie and show are. Love. He may not have her powers and as a male he wants her to abide by his ways, and she tries but things get in the way. But even through their faults and forces trying to pull them apart, they love eachother and that's all that mattered. Watch A is for Ardvak on the first season of the original series and you will see real tears of the star feeling the emotion of the story and you will wish you could find a love like their's. The movie may not demonstrate that as well as Elizabeth Montgomery and Dick York/Sargent but it's only a movie. Think of it as a way for people to remember what a wonderful old fashion idea it was that a whole family could sit together and watch a show that will both make them laugh and really think.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybap425 April 9, 2008

Great laugh, should be rated PG

13 plus is too high. It should be 10 plus. Young kids will probably become bored, but it is a great comedy for preteens and up. There is nudity, but the private areas are blurred. A bit of sexual content and language, but other than that it is fine.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRAVEN_ROCKS April 9, 2008
Adult Written byJodilbehrens April 9, 2008

Cutsey teen flick

I went to this show with my 16 year old and she loved it. It was a little too cutsey for my usual tastes but it was easy, fun and sugary romantic. Good flick for a girls slumber party.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybandgeekl April 9, 2008

Eh

this was a pretty good movie. Kidman and Ferrel are AWESOME together!
Teen, 14 years old Written bySummerLuvr810 April 9, 2008

Crazy fantasy film based on the old show.

Kid, 11 years old August 23, 2016

Ferrell and Kidman were a disappointment.

This looked like it could've of been a good romantic comedy, but it was not to be. It was a disappointment seeing to great actors team up for this rubbish.
Kid, 11 years old August 12, 2016

great

Kid, 9 years old May 6, 2016

Better than expected movie is funny but overlong

Betwitched is not one of those touching movies. It's quite good.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTphernandez12 July 24, 2015