All member reviews for Big Fat Liar

Really likeable family comedy set in cutthroat Hollywood.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAwesome_O October 11, 2010

Family film.

Moderate smoking is the only concern. Good family film.
Kid, 11 years old October 1, 2009

great for older kids

I think big fat liar is a great comedy for older kids and i cracked up the first time i saw it
Parent of a 11 year old Written bytiger19511 August 2, 2009

Good for tweens and older

The movie protrays the consequenses of lying in an interesting way. The movie is full of slap-stick comedy that is fun for the whole family. We have seen this movie several times and still laugh at it.
Educator and Parent of a 7, 8, and 10 year old Written bytinysistah April 4, 2011
Kid, 10 years old July 22, 2010

A good family movie. But when kids watch they might be lying like Jason or doing horrible tricks like in the movie. But still a funny and awesome movie I will always love.
Adult Written byMesned June 27, 2010

Teen, 13 years old Written byfluffy gizmo July 27, 2014

OK film

This movie has some language and drinking.But Is an OK film for kids.
Teen, 16 years old Written byhypemiitrudog07 May 26, 2012

A friendly warning about the price liars have to pay

In big fat liar, Jason is a 14 year old who always tells lies. However, when he meets a worse liar, he must prove himself to be responsible. He is on the way to school, rushing to deliver his essay, otherwise he must go to summer school. He wipes-out and his essay is snatched by Marty Wolf, a producer who cheats and turns Jason's essay (title Big Fat Liar) into a huge hollywood production. Now, Jason and his friend must fly to hollywood and tell Marty to admit the truth. Because Marty declines, Jason must go to several measures. First off, he puts blue dye into Marty's pool. Marty is now covered in blue. Then, Jason and Kaylee (the friend who comes with him) drip red dye into shampoo. This turns Marty's hair red. These are the least of pranks to worry about. After this, they rewire the panels of Marty's car. The car now does different things each time something is pressed. This is perhaps the worst prank pulled in the film, as it is a deadly hazard (smelling gas and oil, getting electric shocks). Thankfully, they were tampering with it when the car was off. Do not let your kids do it. It could be a life threat. At the end of the film, a man is kicked in the testicles (not seen, the groan obviously implies where he was kicked, the hands are covering the part which was kicked, and a man tells a little kid to kick him there). The only other prank I remember was when Jason and Kaylee teamed up with the crew from the studio. A car breaks down, the chaperone runs off. Marty is in the desert. A helicopter comes. The helicopter fakes breaking down. The pilot grabs the only parachute, and Marty jumps to the ground (he survives with no injuries). Then he starts chasing Kaylee and Jason in the studio's carts. Both carts break, Kaylee runs off. Jason is now chased by Marty. Jason runs uphill and signals to a tech guy to cue water downhill, which Marty is running. Then the 2 go into a house (this is taking place on fictional studio sets), are on the roof. Jason throws a (stuffed) monkey in the air, and the 2 men make a dive grab for it (the monkey is Marty's stuffed animal). This is the second most violent scene in the film. Now on the side of sex, some costumes used appear to be body paints, but they are tight fitting suits (the zipper can be scene). In another part, the 2 teens try on all sorts of hollywood clothing. Language includes a few blurts, but none would be bleeped out. In drugs, a man lights a cigar and burns an essay. The characters are good role models (except for Marty, who does anything he can to accomplish certain tasks). An easy message to take out is the chain reaction started by telling a "small" lie. Also, it teaches of how hard trust can be regained once lost. Basically, it all focuses on not telling lies. Another thing is how dangerous actions were (the car being rewired) and the consequences that are faced. This film is very amusing and lesson teaching. You will like it
Adult Written byChuck Reid March 20, 2012

Epic!

This is one of the best movies i've EVER seen! Its REALLY funny and action packed!
Parent of a 12 year old Written bydramaqueen@hotm... December 8, 2011

down to earth easy going movie

this was actually a very good movie well done i remember seein it at the theaters and wow i have the dvd and it brings back memories with both Frankie Munez and Amanda Bynes nice movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 October 13, 2011

Nothing Bad for Ages 7 Up

A movie favorite that's a little offensive here and there, but nothing bad for ages 7 up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLoveOwenWilson July 10, 2011

AWESOME MOVIE. Deserves 10 out of 10.

Oh I just adore this movie! The message is not to lie or there will be serious consequences! Jason learns in the end and that rude, vile and malicious Marty Wolf gets what he deserves. It is funny and shows us the hidden secrets behind the stunts of all Hollywood movies, I loved it and everyone else who has seen it probably loved it too. Lovable and realistic characters, good plot and great entertainment! I recommend it to anyone and everyone!
Teen, 15 years old Written byTotally500 July 4, 2011

big good film

This is a very good film with two of the biggest kids stars ever
Kid, 11 years old June 12, 2011

Big Fat Liar

This was a funny movie. The whole movie is about revenge, and can get violent. Some mild cussing. Most of the movie takes place in Universal Hollywood. This was a very good movie.
Kid, 10 years old January 18, 2011

Big Fat Liar

Marty Wolf is a mean liar. Jason Sheperd makes up stories to get out of trouble. Jason Sheperd has an essay that he has to write and get back to his teacher by 6. He is on his way to the school when he runs into Marty Wolf's limo. He dropped his essay out of his backpack. He fails 8th grade. Marty turned the essay into a film. During summer school, him and his friend go to California. He got his revenge. Overall this was an amazing film with some comic violence.
Kid, 7 years old August 24, 2010

i liked the part where there was a infladable matress on the ground and the teen jumped of of a skyscraper
Kid, 10 years old August 4, 2010

Good 4 Kids.
Kid, 12 years old June 3, 2010

Funny

Its funny when he screams!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBeliefs-Wonder May 4, 2010

I love this movie, I ain't lying

I LOVE this movie!!!!!! It is so funny! That producer guy got what he deserved, and besides, they say at the end telling the truth isn't over rated. "I'm Blue daba dee dabba dy. . . " that's my theme song! Watch it. Own it. Lovw it. The only thing I truly dislike is when they say "Oh my God" all the time. I don't say that unless I get super angry, and then I apologize later.
Kid, 7 years old February 23, 2010

Best movie ever!

I saw the movie and it was great but the word '' Suck'' is common. It shows a man in the shower but goes nowhere under tummy. There's one scene where two characters jump out of a plane. Both the main characters are a liar. Great movie though