Delightful, sad father-son story for teens and up.

Kid, 12 years old March 24, 2010
This movie is INCREDIBLE! Tim Burton is at his best, it is just soo good! It's imaginative, dark, beautiful and touching all at the same time, a tale of love, death, fantasy, and everything else! It's great, but there is some brief backside nudity on a female, some mild swearing (nothing to worry about) and some violence which could be scary to littlies. An imaginative yet mature fantasy film with a great cast including Ewan McGregor and Marion Cotillard, I LOVE THIS MOVIE, and many other people with a similar interest in films should too!
Teen, 17 years old Written byElmoRock3113 April 9, 2008

Incredible!

Tim Burton is a genius. His imagination is never-ending. I enjoyed this movie so much. There is some sexual references and brief nudity but nothing too explicit. Some language but it didn't make the movie less enjoyable. I recommend this movie to anyone.
Kid, 11 years old November 14, 2009

One of m favorite movies... Great Movie...
Parent Written byrolemodel March 2, 2013

Big Fish for older viewers (great movie though!)

Big Fish is a wonderful movie but for older family members. There is some brief nudity, naked mermaid shown from the back, then an underwater scene with a brief naked woman swimming by. There area a few swear words (b*tich, sh*t) but if you do watch if with younger kids there is a reference to the fact that Santa Claus & the Easter Bunny is fake. If you have young children that would be difficult to explain. The movie is magical, a fantasy and goes back in forth in time, from the father's viewpoint of telling tall tales to his son's cynical views of his father and his childhood despite how loving his dad was. It speaks to imagination, to living life big, to marriage, family, and dreaming big dreams. Overall the movie is fantastic but geared to at least those 13 and above.
Kid, 11 years old December 28, 2011

My favorite movie

This movie is soooo not "teens and up" This has been my favorite movie since I was 7. Every single time we trips I watch this in the car. This movie is perfectly appropriate for little children its just that they may not understand the real meaning of it. This is a wonderful movie! You have to go see it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byParker H. February 18, 2009

Incredible

Incredible and creative this movie is awesome. You do briefly twice see a woman's bare bottom.
Parent Written bychrise1 October 23, 2015

Very good movie - watch out for one scene

This is a great movie. I want to point out one scene however that other reviews seem to have missed. The father tells quite a sexual joke which goes on for 2-3 minutes and ends with the punch line that the mailman is actually his father. I did not want to have to explain this to my 7 year old daughter, so fast forwarded past this joke (it doesn't affect the movie's plot at all to miss this). The joke occurs about 1/3 of the way through the movie - my daughter loved the movie btw. It's great for adults too!
Kid, 10 years old May 3, 2012

"Big Fish" is a big hit!

"Big Fish" is a big hit! Tim Burton's wonderful drama/love story is an iffy choice for kids 12 and up. This film delivers brief nudity of a women's and man's rear. The language is tame except for a few uses of the "b" word, "idiot", "dam", and "ass". Some scary moments are implied throughout the film and there is a little bit of drinking. In the end, "Big fish is a touching film and is and iffy choice for ages 12 and up.
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo January 11, 2011
Great movie. Nothing risque about it. Enjoy.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

An Imaginative and Fun Fairy Tale

I love Tim Burton, and Big Fish may just be my favorite movie of his. It's a great mix of fantasy and humor with a heart. As far as content goes, well, it shows Danny DeVito's butt. That was fairly disturbing. Besides that there's not much objectionable content.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydanielauo April 8, 2010

the best movie for starters, kids, teens, and adults

I dont remember the movie having something linked to sex. Im 15 and I saw it like 3 years ago and I looved it because it was super entertaining and it didnt have bad messages. Ive seen it around 4 times and I dont get bored. It makes you think about life and you dont even notice it. I fully recommend it
Teen, 14 years old Written byCaesar_12219 April 9, 2008
This is by far one of the most moving and beautiful movies that I have seen in my life. It tells, to put it briefly, the tale of a son coming to terms with his dad, and how sometimes the legend is more important than the straight facts. The most moving scene comes at the end, when the son goes to his father's funeral, and finds that, after all, the tales that are recounted throughout the movie are true. There are the twins, though not Siamese, the giant, though perhaps not quite so tall as he imagined, and all of the other characters, major or minor, "real" or imagined. This is movie-making at its finest.
Adult Written bydenmarkriot April 9, 2008

Tim Burton almost normal

This is a charming movie, a bit disorienting and unfocused, but Ewan McGregor is fantastic and the character interactions greatly appealing. This movie lacks the edge that many of Burton's other movies contain, but this doesn't by any means take away from the story. The plot is pretty difficult to explain, but it's a great movie for teens and adults. I don't think younger children would really understand it, although they might simply enjoy the many stories told. This movie is touching and funny.
Teen, 13 years old Written bythe girl with t... April 9, 2008

Can i give it more than five stars?

I loved this movie. It was amazing, thought provoking. Tim Burton is my favorite director, and this is my favorite by him. I loved this movie, and the last scene is beautiful. I don't want to give anything away, but i will say that thi movie was truely amazing!
Adult Written byclglover April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written bypurplecatroo April 9, 2008

Compelling Drama.

i really liked this movie surprisingly since many people whom I know that have saw it said it was dumb but I amazed at how origional imaginative, and thought provoking it was. Some dissapointing nudity but since none of it was sexual this could be one PG-13 movie tweens could see.
Kid, 11 years old May 28, 2016

Great family movie!

Although this movie has questionable moments and creepy scenes it makes for a great family movie night
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Hollow Hobbit February 18, 2016

Brilliant film has something for everyone!

Big Fish is the tale of Edward Bloom. The story is told in short tales, some told by Edward, some by people who knew him and some by Will, his son. The tales are larger than life, and in this film you will meet a giant, creep into the garden of a witch, save a town, fall in love, steal plans from a foreign facility during World War 2, meet werewolves, fish for the best catch of all, work at a circus, journey through dark forests, rob a bank and have the adventure of a lifetime! I must also say that there are a handful of swears, one or two b*****s and one or two s**ts. There's also some moderate violence during a fight scene, where a character becomes blooded and some mild and brief backside nudity.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDemi-Time-Detective October 17, 2015

*Gross Sobbing*

Do I love this movie? Absolute definite YES. I cried so hard during this movie, it was unreal. It's such a beautiful movie, and I watch it all the time. The movie follows the story of Edward Bloom, a man who's life seems like a huge tall tale. This movie is great for family bonding. Watch.
Parent of a 16 year old Written byGlobal Dad November 1, 2014

Little ones might get scared or confused on some scenes.

Lead character get beat up a few times, shot by a gun, attacked by a werewolf, and other scenes that made my 5 year old little girl cringe. Great fantasy movie. Just be ready to cover little ones eyes on some parts. Anyone over 8 years old would like it. Even though the story lines might encourage questions about what or why something happened.