All member reviews for Big Fish

Kid, 12 years old March 24, 2010

This movie is INCREDIBLE! Tim Burton is at his best, it is just soo good! It's imaginative, dark, beautiful and touching all at the same time, a tale of love, death, fantasy, and everything else! It's great, but there is some brief backside nudity on a female, some mild swearing (nothing to worry about) and some violence which could be scary to littlies. An imaginative yet mature fantasy film with a great cast including Ewan McGregor and Marion Cotillard, I LOVE THIS MOVIE, and many other people with a similar interest in films should too!
Kid, 11 years old November 14, 2009

One of m favorite movies... Great Movie...
Teen, 17 years old Written byElmoRock3113 April 9, 2008

Incredible!

Tim Burton is a genius. His imagination is never-ending. I enjoyed this movie so much. There is some sexual references and brief nudity but nothing too explicit. Some language but it didn't make the movie less enjoyable. I recommend this movie to anyone.
Kid, 10 years old May 3, 2012

"Big Fish" is a big hit!

"Big Fish" is a big hit! Tim Burton's wonderful drama/love story is an iffy choice for kids 12 and up. This film delivers brief nudity of a women's and man's rear. The language is tame except for a few uses of the "b" word, "idiot", "dam", and "ass". Some scary moments are implied throughout the film and there is a little bit of drinking. In the end, "Big fish is a touching film and is and iffy choice for ages 12 and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCaesar_12219 April 9, 2008

This is by far one of the most moving and beautiful movies that I have seen in my life. It tells, to put it briefly, the tale of a son coming to terms with his dad, and how sometimes the legend is more important than the straight facts. The most moving scene comes at the end, when the son goes to his father's funeral, and finds that, after all, the tales that are recounted throughout the movie are true. There are the twins, though not Siamese, the giant, though perhaps not quite so tall as he imagined, and all of the other characters, major or minor, "real" or imagined. This is movie-making at its finest.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

An Imaginative and Fun Fairy Tale

I love Tim Burton, and Big Fish may just be my favorite movie of his. It's a great mix of fantasy and humor with a heart. As far as content goes, well, it shows Danny DeVito's butt. That was fairly disturbing. Besides that there's not much objectionable content.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjxvk22 August 10, 2014

Completely surprised me!

When my mom got this movie, I thought I really wasn't going to like it. Minutes into the movie I was hooked. This movie is about a father, who has a rocky relationship with his son, that has bad cancer. The father is telling his son's wife about his life, but in a twisted fantastical version, with witches, giants, and impossible wonders, making everything amazing. This movie covers the fathers whole life in this fantasy way. There is some nudity, but nothing worse that some peolples' bottoms.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBow.Ties.Are.Cool July 27, 2014

Makes me cry everytime

This is probably one of my favorite movies. Nothing about the movie is really inappropriate (in my personal opinion), there may be hints of inappropriate stuff but nothing your 12 year old or even younger cant handle. It will make you laugh, it will make you cry and just flat out make you feel good. The movie is also a romance (for all those romantics out there).The only problem is that it may be a little (very little) dragging for younger audiences.
Kid, 11 years old December 28, 2011

My favorite movie

This movie is soooo not "teens and up" This has been my favorite movie since I was 7. Every single time we trips I watch this in the car. This movie is perfectly appropriate for little children its just that they may not understand the real meaning of it. This is a wonderful movie! You have to go see it.
Kid, 10 years old February 19, 2011

My Big Fish Review

A moving story. But I found that it can be a bit confusing in some bits of it. I would recommend it to anyone between 10 and 10000!
Kid, 12 years old February 13, 2011

Good movie
Kid, 12 years old August 25, 2010

AWSOME MOVIE!! BRAVO!

3 days ago my mom rented me this movie and she said i would like it so we watched it and it was amazing! Its great for tweens and teens!
Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 April 24, 2010

Easily one of Burton's best

Among his directed, non-Depp colloborations, like "Beetlejuice" and "Batman," Burton gives us another weird but really visually amazing story about a man who's led so many tall-tales he's gotten lost in them. Great for Burton fans, but also great for fans of cinema, who just like being entertained with a great script.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydanielauo April 8, 2010

the best movie for starters, kids, teens, and adults

I dont remember the movie having something linked to sex. Im 15 and I saw it like 3 years ago and I looved it because it was super entertaining and it didnt have bad messages. Ive seen it around 4 times and I dont get bored. It makes you think about life and you dont even notice it. I fully recommend it
Teen, 14 years old Written byPoison Ivey November 22, 2009

oh god, the end made me cry...

***contains spoilers*** I read the book and the movie was even better! I liked Big Fish because it's one of those stories where you make up the ending. you could say that Will finally understood his father's love of storytelling, and thats who he was, or you could say the ending was a made up story and Edward's stoires were all lies. I just loved it! There is nudity, but you couldn't possibly be offended by it, none of it being sexual in any manner. and there are some kids who cuss, which I was suprised by but hey life happens. i think this movie is even more memorable than Forrest Gump. Full of inspirational quotes. I highly recomend it for elven and up!
Teen, 13 years old Written byParker H. February 18, 2009

Incredible

Incredible and creative this movie is awesome. You do briefly twice see a woman's bare bottom.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMiistukk19 December 31, 2008

awesome... :)

I LOVE this movie!! tim burton is a genius! I don't like fantasy movies,but I love this one... it's awesome... fantastic...amazinG!
Teen, 13 years old Written bythe girl with t... April 9, 2008

Can i give it more than five stars?

I loved this movie. It was amazing, thought provoking. Tim Burton is my favorite director, and this is my favorite by him. I loved this movie, and the last scene is beautiful. I don't want to give anything away, but i will say that thi movie was truely amazing!
Teen, 15 years old Written bypurplecatroo April 9, 2008

Compelling Drama.

i really liked this movie surprisingly since many people whom I know that have saw it said it was dumb but I amazed at how origional imaginative, and thought provoking it was. Some dissapointing nudity but since none of it was sexual this could be one PG-13 movie tweens could see.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMovieBuffMan123 April 9, 2008