All member reviews for Big Miracle

AM

PG For Peril, Violence, Scary Images, Rude Humor, And Some Mild Stong Language
Teen, 13 years old Written byDream_On_Dreamer March 11, 2013

I L<3ve Whales

This movie is about 2 whales and 1 calf that are stuck in the middle of a frozen ocean in Alaska. The Whales end up having a hard time surviving through all that the people are trying to do, to help save them. This story about the whales goes world wide and every reporter is there in Alaska trying to get the big scoop. This movie is very inspiration and has lots of good role models, and it has a good point about saving Netherlands animals on earth, so we can save the world! :D
Teen, 13 years old Written byIsaac6 March 11, 2013

Save the whales!!!!!!

This movie is a very good movie with a positive message. This movie shows that we should stand up for what we believe in. I think it is a great movie and it's great for all ages.I would recommend this movie to most ages and would recommend this for a family movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygingi58 March 4, 2013

big miracle

this movie is very inspirational. it is a very good movie i recomend it to every family there are only a couple violent parts but other than that its a great movie. this movie tells alot about being brave and standing up for what you believe in it also shows that u can do anything you put your mind even if its saving a pod of whales
Teen, 13 years old Written bymovielover7271 February 19, 2013

Inspiring but some language

Big Miracle is a fun and inspiring tale of tons of news reporters who travel to Barrow, Alaska to broadcast the news of a family of three whales stuck under water with ice about to freeze over in a few days. It may seem like a perfectly ok film for kids but there is a lot of language. My self being a teen was suprised. The scene where SPOILER ALERTS: Bam Bam the whale dies and the man in the helicopters eye froze shut may give the young ones a scare. Other than that, a perfect film.
Teen, 13 years old Written byironkid21 November 16, 2012

A very entertaining saving the whale movie that isn't too over dramatic despite one really tough scene

Maybe it's just me but i find it ironic that the first time i saw the trailer for this movie was last year when i saw a really similar movie, the sweet and loveable "Dolphin Tale". I thought this was just a rip-off of that movie but now that i watched it to my surprise it isn't. This is a really entertaining, fun, and sweet movie with a surprising level of comedy. The only thing i was mad about was something really sad but i'm not gonna say. Overall, i know you've been mistaking that this is an overly dramatic rip-off of "Dolphin Tale" but don't let the trailer fool you. 8+ (if they can handle one sad scene).
Teen, 16 years old Written byTotally500 June 24, 2012

Big Miracle is chessy but good

i think this is a fine movie gret message and great story looks cheesy though but good movie
Kid, 8 years old March 3, 2012

what I like about the movie

4 weeks ago I and my mom went to watch this movie and it is a very good movie. But in the movie on the end it does not connect to the middle because in the middle it said “the whales can’t stay in the water too long or they will die.” But when the whales got scared they ran away to far and whales need to go all the way back under the water but they did not die.
Teen, 14 years old Written byClancyR March 11, 2013

A+ amazing movie

Big miracle is about. Three whales trapped under the ice in Alaska have a small hole int the ice to breath through. Some people in a local village find them and plan to kill them for food. A Greenpeace lady stops them and makes a big deal about it. The villagers agree to help save the whales and it turns into a national deal. I can't tell you what happens but you will love the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJoshua Kudart March 11, 2013

Save the whales!

This movie was very touching and suspenseful. Two whales were found trapped at the only air hole In 5 miles and it is freezing over this is about as all group of people that soon attracts a large group of people including the press, tourist, and they all work together to keep the hole from freezing over, and to save the whales. I enjoyed this movie very much. I would recommend this to all of my friends.
Teen, 13 years old Written byB-Capps22 March 11, 2013

Whales

This movie is about three whales who are trapped under the ice in Alaska. Then people do everything they can to save them. This movie shows that animals or people should all be treated as the same and we should not abuse watch other or animals. I would rate this a 4/5 stars.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySaxon34 March 11, 2013

Inspiring movie

Big miracle is a movie about three whales trapped in ice, using a little hole to breath out of. A man who is a news reporter who finds the whales and tells the news channel. Eventually tons of people are trying to save the whales. A man who doesn't care about the whales but just wants the fame. This is a great movie and has a great message. It gets boring after seeing it a few times, but it is a great movie to see at least twice. I recommend this movie to families.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydeJong March 11, 2013

Green peace

This was an ok movie. It tells a story about people coming together to try to save whales. It has a positive message but is a little save the trees. There is one really passionate kiss at the end that might be a little inappropriate for children. SPOILER ALERT! There is one death in this movie and it might be traumatic for children. There is also some language. S**** is about the worst of it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAnnieC March 11, 2013

Big miracle review

Big Miracle is about three gray whales trapped in ice and how media throughout the world helps them. The media causes the whole U.S. to fall in love with them and causes some powerful people to help get them out. I thought the main woman went to huge extremes to save three whales when there about thirty wars happening at the same time. The world view is that media can cause people to to do extreme things and that we should take care of animals in the world. Also, if you believe in yourself and your cause you can do anything. It wasn't my favorite movie, but overall it was good.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymkohler March 11, 2013

Great

This was a good movie about three whales. It showed the changes of people's attitudes towards each other and towards life and the environment. It was good and had informal facts and details about what happened. They all learned about the culture and about whales. I liked how it was suspenseful and how all the people worked together for something they wanted. It shows how media can be powerful in helping something you believe in.
Kid, 12 years old June 25, 2012

good movie.

i have seen it and its a pretty good movie, it hit box office. ut has good morals about saving animals and the acting is pretty good.
Kid, 11 years old May 6, 2012

Big Miracle

It's a great movie, but my friends and I saw it and when the whale died we were all crying and then the Eskimo started singing and we were the only people in the theater who cracked up..... fuuunnnyyy
Kid, 11 years old March 12, 2012

Grate movie

Love it
Kid, 11 years old February 18, 2012

May insprire kids. Tells kids that even though you're just one person,you can still make a difference.

There's not much drugs involved,not much sex,plenty of educational stuff and positive messages,and even good role models. I think kids 7 and older will enjoy this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow February 14, 2012

Nice for kids

I watched this movie in the theater and it was nice, but the "true story" elements were kind of ruined by unnecessary Hollywood cheese. Also (SPIOLER ALERT) the death of Bam-Bam was very upsetting and unfortunate. But it was still a good movie.