All member reviews for Big

Teen, 13 years old Written byiNSPiRED February 20, 2011

Ugh!

I was extremely disgusted when the main character watched his girlfriend take off her shirt, and turned off the bedroom light. Before that scene, a few suggestive jokes were mentioned, and swearing, beer, and other unnecessary comments/actions took place.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Kid, 10 years old March 8, 2011

Teen, 13 years old Written byEricCarrRulez February 20, 2011

Kid, 10 years old July 24, 2010

good movie

not very rude or anything but a few s-words and one f-word but its said really fast. some mild sexual refrences thats about it. 10+
Kid, 10 years old May 25, 2010

Violence (G): The Zoltar machine may be scary to younger audiences. Sexual Content (PG): Josh puts his hands down Susan's blouse, then Susan seduces him. Language (PG): s--t g-ddamn one use of f--k Drugs/Tobacco/Alchohol (G): Susan smokes, Josh drinks some beer.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySoccercrazyteen September 6, 2009

ok

its ok its like 13 going on 30 with a guy....
Kid, 11 years old July 30, 2009

Kid, 11 years old July 27, 2009

A little mature, but fab!

Well, I saw this movie in class (we were writing movie reviews) and everyone was 9-12. There was only 1 9 and 1 10 year old. I felt really sorry for them when the shirt came off, and also about the joke about him being "on top". Luckily, the rest of us were mature enough to watch sit through "the scene" (which is what we called it) and burst out laughing at the joke. I personally thought that this was one of the best movies I have ever seen, but be aware that children under 12 may not appreciate the whole movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjk321 May 13, 2009

Good Movie

BIG is a very funny movie with a great actor. I highley recommend it for a film to watch when you have a chance.
Kid, 11 years old April 19, 2015

Really funny Tom Hanks movie!

Throughout this movie you will experience a lot of swearing. This includes bitch, s--t, bastard, a--hole, goddamn it, god, hell, and one memorable use of " Who the f--k do you think you are?!" Other than this the movie is ok for tweens and teens.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJackalope March 19, 2015

They grow up so fast...

This is one of my favorite movies of all time. It's smart, it's funny, and Hanks does a really good job at being a young kid. Something parents should be on the lookout for is some sexual situations. Of course Josh is going to be interested in sex; he is only thirteen, after all. But this is amplified by the fact that he's working with a beautiful woman that finds him attractive. At one point in the movie, Josh goes to the woman's house, and they start kissing, and the woman takes her shirt off. Nothing graphic is seen, but she's in her bra and obviously okay with it. And then, curious little Josh grabs her breast, and the rest is alluded to in the following scene. Something else parents need to know is that language is pretty common throughout the film. Josh and Billy both use bad language; Billy even says f**k at one point. But it's not in the context of "bad words are fun to say"; rather, it's kind of a turning point in the growing up of these two young boys. John Heard's character has a pretty colorful vocabulary, too, and it's used pretty commonly. Some sexual humor exists, too, with John Lovitz explaining promiscuity to a naive, newly adult Josh. All in all, Big is an excellent film that shows that it's okay to unleash your inner kid, even when the going gets tough. Parents can talk about what it means to be a kid, and why you should never give that part of yourself up.
Kid, 10 years old July 23, 2014

Good movie!

This is a great movie,it is some mild sexual stuff, but thats not so much. You can totally watch this with your kid! It can be really funny like: that they are dancing on the big piano, or that the boy wake up and he is a man:) This is a really great movie, two adults is smoking, it is some drinking on a party, but i don't think that mind the kids so much:)
Kid, 11 years old December 28, 2013

GREAT MOVIE!!!

My mom made me watch this movie.I think it's a good family film but it should earn a PG-13 rating.I ❤️ Tom Hanks though
Kid, 10 years old November 25, 2013

ok for 11 and up

good movie.
Kid, 7 years old August 10, 2013

tom hanks very good acting

has kissing scenes but its a kids movie and comedy i like it but not the best tom hanks was good and his genius he was an adult and acted a kid its good and a kids movie
Kid, 9 years old May 3, 2013

Awesome! But definitely not 12A!!

Big is an amazing film, great for kids and teens. There is some very bad language and a scene where someone's mother threatens them with a knife and swears at him, and one kissing scene. I recommend this film for an 8 year old or a mature 7 year old. I think this review was a lot too strict, since my 4 year old brother saw it!!
Kid, 12 years old May 21, 2012

This is a fun, movie that has some iffy material.

This is a funny movie that has some explicit mature material. Since the MPAA didn't have the PG-13 rating in 1988, they rated this movie PG. If Big was made today, it would almost certainly be rated PG-13. There is some very strong language sprinkled throughout the movie. The F-Bomb is dropped at least four times. There is also the use of S.O.B, the S-word, GD, and one use of the A-word. There is also some references to sexuality and drinking. I think that this may be one of my favorite movies,though. It's about a thirteen year-old boy who is way too short for his age. He finds a wish machine at an amusment park. He wishes that he were big, so the next day he wakes up as an adult. After that, he starts a hilarious journey to find that machine again, and turn himself back into a kid. My MPAA rating is PG-13 for sexual content and references, brief strong language, mature thematic materiel, some explicit drug use, drinking and smoking.
Kid, 11 years old May 9, 2012

My MPAA rating

My MPAA rating is PG-13 for sexual content, partial nudity, brief strong language, and a drug reference.
Kid, 11 years old August 8, 2011

Funny and Heartfelt

Big is a classic and timeless story about enjoying childhood, but 13 year-old boys are very curious about boobs and girls bodies, some talk is kinda graphic. Then there is one scene were a woman takes her shirt off for older Josh and he touches her bra. But great and heartfelt movie!