All parent member reviews for Bill Nye the Science Guy: Insects and Reptiles--Leapin' Lizards!

Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

Excellent program, although he takes evolution as a fact, and some parents may have a problem with that.
Adult Written byMafatu32 January 4, 2011

This here little guy, "Hello".

Were is the show? Only the movie? Whatever, still great to watch.
Adult Written bycommon_sense_user_12 April 9, 2008

Educational but boring

I watched this with my 6-year-old and we turned it off about 15 minutes into the show. Bill Nye speaks to the kids viewing as though he is talking to children with a mental disability. The whole show is filled with pointless experiments, unclear explanations about why things happen in nature, and unfunny jokes. It is definately educational, but very boring. A better way to teach your kids about science would be to take a family day trip to a free science museum. There are great ways out there to educate your kids about the wonders of science...but this is not one of them.
Adult Written bycherry619 October 21, 2011

Educational

Bill Nye in general is a great way to educate kids on science and get them wanting to learn in general. I'm 18 and still watch Bill Nye and still learn things from him. His experiments and easy explanations not to added humor and skits all help learning stuff less boring. He's also very hands on and encourages young viewers alike, with parents of course to engage in experiments with him for better grasping of stuff.
Parent of an infant, 2, 3, 5, 6, and 11 year old Written byResponsibleParentOf9 December 30, 2012

Crocodiles are too scary for kids 10 and under.

I only let my 11, 12 and 14 year olds watch this because crocodiles are too scary for elementary and preschool children.