All member reviews for Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

Silly time-capsule comedy ideal for older tweens.

Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written byMattmchugh April 15, 2012

Best moments are the most inappropriate

For the most part, this is a harmlessly goofy comedy with enough small references to history that a 4th grader would feel smart for catching them. That's all fine. However, the sharpest jokes are the ones that are the iffiest for the young kids who would enjoy most of the movie. For example, one kid refers to Napoleon as a "d**k" -- which I'm sure he was. Funny, but something you may not want your kids to repeat. There are also references to the Oedipal Complex and the number 69 that curious-minded tweens may ask about, so be prepared to explain or deflect. The best inappropriate gag is when one character thinks another has been killed. Upon finding him alive, both hug spontaneously then, a second later, they push back from each other and simultaneously, with disgust, call the other "F-g!" This is hilarious. This is a sharp comment on a prejudice ingrained in our culture, particularly strong in teenage boys, and it's laid out in a joke that underscores its ridiculousness. That's a clever moment, but too subtle for tweens. They'll just think it's funny to say that word -- so, again, be prepared to handle that as you think best. All in all, this is pretty OK for over 10, save for some adult jokes to be aware of. -- mm
Kid, 10 years old July 9, 2010

HALIRIOUS!!!!!

a very funny movie. some minor language such as the s-word f*g is once used napolen says the s-word about 7 times as comdy effect. some very mild sexual reffrences in most scenes with bills mum they both stare at her at some point in the scene. a man is shot in the foot(brief). a funny movie 10+
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written bythaliapearce June 28, 2009

Be excellent to each other - watch this movie together!

Dude - this movie is most excellent! We have been watching both movies in the B&T's series with our kids for years. Yes, we do have to tell them not to repeat a few words but other than that, there is little to be offended by. I see so much more offensive objectification of women in today's movies than exists in this movie. Just be aware of the difference in our eras - it is from the eighties after-all. Not only are the movies very entertaining, there are even some non-heinous messages in both stories. For example, non-violence, "Dude, we couldn't possible fight you, were like totally weak!" and overall, "Be excellent to each other!" So watch the movies and, "Party on dudes"!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMarioMii October 9, 2010

You really need to be iffy because of curse words.

When Bill and Ted were going in a loop de loop, the said a curse word called s--t. I really should not use words like that in school or else I'll get in huge trouble.
Adult Written byaidans1 June 5, 2015

Hilarious 80's Flick

Two uses of the word di** and you see subtitles were a English man in cussing in a different language but besides the language its perfectly fine a 100%
Adult Written byBobslob April 9, 2008

HAHA! So funny!

Boy, if you havent seen Bill & Ted movies you are missing out. They are so oblivous that they dont know how funny they are. These guys go to the past to pick up history characters to laern about for their high shcool project. I wish I could do this! They talk about the Iron Maiden like it is a rock band instead of an old torture thing. You will like this movie no matter who you are!
Adult Written byWhatdoIthink? April 9, 2008

Great Stuff

Compared to most of the 'family-friendly' movies that come out now, (which are filled with inappropriate language and frivolous sexuality) this is a great movie for all ages. I would say it's best for the 10+ crowd, because most younger kids wouldn't get it. It's hilarious, and very enjoyable. Not for those who demand intellectual value in your movies.
Adult Written byCptnAdmiral May 26, 2011

A Lighthearted and Silly Adventure for Older Tweens

**NOT AS INTENSE AS THE REVIEWS SAY!** This 80s cult is a delightful and hilareous adventure for teens and older tweens. Kids whose minds glaze over some of the brief innuendo and language will be able to enjoy it too. Bill and Ted are not slacky or rude on purpose - they're just two big airheads without a single clue. Ted yells at his father in defense of what he believes in: the movie isn't as intense as the reviews say, and is too silly and lighthearted to be taken seriously. This movie is a must-watch for older-tween movie parties!
Kid, 12 years old April 12, 2011

Doctor Who spoof with idiotic teens is only just worth a watch

Dorky teen movie has a few decent moments that make it okay. Apart from the silly sexual stuff and the rude language this movie contains some educational parts but the main characters spend their time killing most of it with the idiotic behaviour.
Kid, 12 years old December 24, 2010
There is a scene where Nepolion says the s-word multiple times.
Parent of a 8 and 13 year old Written byIvory121 July 7, 2010

Harmless fun...dude.

Both of my children enjoyed this movie. It's silly and relatively harmless (minor language issues) ...and the kids may actually learn something! Those children familiar with the historic characters depicted really connect!
Teen, 15 years old Written byzayzin June 25, 2010

:D

Great Movie! Some mild language. Such as the S-word. But, other than that... Great!
Parent Written byStefanLasiewski April 30, 2016
Parent Written byMeerkat.dog.yo March 19, 2016

Sex, swearing, but still very fun.

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure is a sci-fi comedy about two teenagers (Bill & Ted) who need to complete their history report by going back in time and meeting the people they are studying. There is a good deal of slapstick, but nothing comes of it. Characters are shot with guns, and Bill & Ted almost die at one point. There is also lots of sexual references. Bill & Ted see Bill's mom's breasts, they call all woman "babes," and they fall in love with princesses and kiss. As for swearing, there is "s--t," "d--k," "d--kweed," "damn," and "fag." Other than all the inappropriate things previously listed, a five-year-old could see this movie.
Parent Written bydocnerd January 31, 2016

Not great tween perceptions of sex

Great flashback for parents but not a great movie for tweens getting their first exposure to flirting and relationships. "Dude, that's your mom" etc is a little gross for tweens.
Adult Written bymaxevancooper December 13, 2015
They say the s word in one part of the movie when they go bowling with Napoleon otherwise it was ok for 7 and up because a 6 year old would not understand it!
Teen, 15 years old Written bydkasal000 October 19, 2015

Great movie

honestly I was very surprised of how good this movie was and had pretty much no language like there is one hell one use of fag and 2 uses of crap and one use of dick and dickweed but like 9 uses of sh-t but are in subtitles and not said like the way we use it and it is used really quickly and in the end it is a feel good movie and only like two references to sex and that is it. and is a classic for tweens and teens alike
Teen, 17 years old Written byStevie111 July 17, 2015

Hysterical and Goofy Buddy Comedy

This extremely funny buddy comedy is a great choice for older tweens and up. There isn't much violence and no drugs, but there is a good amount of language. The film is very silly, but it is just a really good, light movie that is perfect for families with older kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBillyReviews May 27, 2015

Great History Movie With Comdey

Great Movie Has Historic Characters In It. Has Some Cuss Words.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMavrah333 May 23, 2015

A most excellent movie dude!

I feel that I was born a generation too late to fully appreciate this. The film is highly centred around the dude culture of the late 80's, so this meant little to me. What I did like, however, was the endless jokes, and the numerous historical references we got. Overall, a most excellent movie, with laughs, thrills and a form of education for the entire family. The beyond moronic plot is one of the film's few drawbacks. Final Score: 8/10: Very Good, dude!!