All member reviews for Bionicle: The Legend Reborn

Parent of a 3, 5, and 7 year old Written byLola LaB January 11, 2011

Okay for 7/8+ but I really wish we'd never bought it.

Our 7yo loves his Bionicle figures and has a great time putting them together and making new creations as well. He understands that hitting is wrong and the it hurts people. He also understands that this movie is make-believe. On the other hand, our youngest boy is 3.5 and loves his big brother and wants to do the things he does, of course. We have allowed him to watch the movie but wish we did not. He acts out the battles and has hurt (not severly) his siblings in the process. We talk to him about not hitting and we have not had issues with him at day care, so hopefully we will nip it in the bud.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMavrah333 August 10, 2014

Ok, but the others are better.

The Bionicle films were always something for kids, but even I watch them from time to time, and even when I was 9 this disappointed me. It had been made too childish, too happy and not dark enough. If Lego actually paid attention to their fan-base, they would see that by 2009 You-Tubers (or Bio-Tubers and they call themselves) such as Lennodude15, Edictarts, The Shadowed One 1 and Kylernuva135 were making more teenage-adult Bionicle videos, and that they'd want a film that was dark and to their tastes. The latter two said this year that 2006/2007 would have made great films. The franchises of these years were darker, more interesting and more deep thinking. A bad film in comparison to the other ones.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybioniclecomeback56 April 25, 2012

An ok movie

I love the Bionicle franchise, however this movie could have been a bit better. On the content side of things there isn't anything inappropriate other than a bit of fighting.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow March 5, 2012

Just fine

This movie was nice for the family. It has good messages and good role models as compensation for it's cartoony fantasy violence, but product placement is also a problem: I have almost all of the on-screen bionicles as toys, and they cost lots of money, so parents should definitely keep an eye on that. One good thing for kids, though: it seemed to lag the dark imagery and mild horror themes of it's predecessors, so that's a plus for letting your kids watch it. A nice choice for kids 8 and up.
Parent of a 12, 14, and 15 year old Written bycheesed12 August 27, 2010

Bionicle:Heroes and Villains against eachother,A choice for bionicle fans.
Kid, 11 years old July 16, 2010

I love it!

I think this show was very good. Lots of Bionicle Lego products. Not too much violence.
Kid, 12 years old July 7, 2010

boys only
Kid, 10 years old April 14, 2010

I love this movie, but the ''what to watch out for'' above is wrong: 1, there's no bar scene, 2, Bionicles are BIOMECHANICAL, a mix of organic parts and artificial ones.
Teen, 14 years old Written bywhenyourheartte... December 29, 2009

Very good movie, violence wasn't much of an issue

It was very, very good. Violence wasn't a big deal. The only scene that was a little intense was where Gresh was injured, but, good grief, he has no cuts, no blood, nothing. Just limping a little and passing out. There are a few instances of the Skrall getting hit over the head of something, but they all manage to never die or get hurt at all. The role models are great. Ackar seemed very pessimistic at the beggining of the show; he wasn't very satisfied with his life. But he realizes to spite the fact he's 'past his prime' he can still change things. Mata Nui is the typical 'toa-hero'; always promoting teamwork and friendship. It's an appropriate movie for younger kids; my two year old sister loves it and Gresh is her all-time favorite character. Although, I think once you reach about 14 or so it gets boring, especially for guys. 15 year old boys want a little more realistic combat, more complicated plot, and more character development. I myself, being a girl, also think those things would have enhanced the movie, but this movie wasn't aimed at teens, it was aimed at grade schoolers and tweens.
Kid, 9 years old September 27, 2009

Better than you think CSM

Common sense media your over reacting this movie is good for anyone the action is normal for even a todlar this will enjoy any bionicle fan!!!